Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [1-2] Siq vs X centric [wk15]
    Posted: 06 December 2016 at 3:17am
due friday
SiQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SiQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2016 at 10:01pm
Hey yo X'

Check clown..

My guns are "out of this world", they'll leave him crippled from the neck down
I'll fill his Scully wit so many tech rounds.. The FBI wont be able to recover X-Files !
X-centrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 13-9-0
Form: LWWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote X-centrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 7:06am
Ya trash talk stronger than ya rhymes ..

See X shootin,
I swing vertically to hit from head to toe then I squeeze clip on this weak bitch/
No sea trip,but "the wave" will "bring them fluids out" when I Seasick(see siq)/
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 9:35am
OK guys..

SIQ liked the concept here (Scully/out of this world/X Files) ,didn't care much for
the gun play references though to be truthful,the punch was decent on the whole,
but the personal was very loose really,in fact this bar was almost generic,accept
for 1 letter which was the bars saving grace,plus i had issues with your choice of rhyming words,the end lines didn't rhyme,down and files in any language or accent
don't work,still a decent offering overall..

X hyphenated Centrik,your bar was on the verge of becoming a gun bar too but then
you switched up and went a different route,which I was grateful for as really don't see
any creativity in talking about guns,its way to easy subject to rhyme on really,as with
SIQ the angle which you came with was good,(sea trip/wave) and the punch was present too,your personal was good also I thought,on the whole this was a good bar,
and directed well enough here..

Overall this was a decent enough tussle,but for me there is a clear winner and that
was X-Centrik,here's why,he's bar was not only better aimed and directed out the 2,
it also rhymed better and the punch/personal was presented well on the whole,SIQ
get up dust yourself down and bring your game for the next bar in w16,

Vote...X-Centrik...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 6:09pm
SikH -
Some great elements in here.
From the concept, to the nameplay and some decent tie-ins ... but that end-rhyme was unforgivable!
You'd already hammered home the scheme with 3 perfect rhymes ... Check clown / Neck Down / Tech Rounds ...
so that missing so badly on the final punch of all places, with X files ... stood out like a [Insert your own Simile here, I'm too disappointed in you right now dammit.]

XNtrick -
Another gun bar, and the problem with those is that you run the risk of coming off as generic, unless you bring something extra special ... so you're giving yourself work to do from the start.
Still you kinda pulled it off, and included the nameplay for relevance, and decent structure and rhyming throughout.

So both were quite similar really and pretty good offerings on the whole, but I fear one word separated them ... but such an important one IMO, so MFVGTX
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 11:40am
Siq: This was a decent gun bar and it wasn't cluttered. The end rhyme is a bit of a stretch but it could work in some accents so I'm assuming it works in yours lol. Was good for what it was.

X: Again a good gun bar and the double entendre was effective. My only issue with this was the 'I seaksick'. I get the 'see Siq' and I get what you mean by seasick but it's not grammatically correct on that side. Ruins the effectiveness for me.

Overall a good battle and both came with a similar punch but it really comes down to what softens the blow for each guy. We have a sketchy end rhyme against something that doesn't sound right. I could hear Siq's rhyming fine in like Rakim's voice or something lol but the seasick came off as amateurish. Which means I'm gonna edge towards Siq on this one.

Vote - Siq

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 4:41pm
Pretty decent battle here.... both came with similar concepts and this wasn't a completely lop sided battle, even though i do feel 1 was clearly stronger then the other it wssn't a complete blow out

Siq- decent nameplay, pretty creative considering the played out gun concept..... the punch was ok and landed well.... nothing that was jaw dropping but it was a decent bar.... i do feel you should have came with a different approach though, but still decent bar....

X- I have seen a lot better from you, but this was still a good bar.... Again you used a gun refrence wich sre played out, but you done great considering what you worked with.... i really enjoyed your second line though that nameplay was great.... very creative and a pretty solid punch...... good bar looking forward to seeing your battle next week....

Vote- X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic