Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:24am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

OK let's get the voting rolling..

Slip your verse was like a 2 in 1 piece or a double edge sword really,first it came off
as a diss,then with the odd inclusion of sleep related lines thrown in to keep it on the
topical's subject course,(you really do like to poke Hornets nests eh),and to be honest
it worked,i'll even go as far to type it was creative too,your flow was good but basic
here,you seemed to rhyme only the last word on each line,and that in turn gave out a
simplistic rhyme scheme,but keeping things simple does have merit,as it's harder to
fuck up where tempo concerned,the draw back here for me is this,it did lack a story
line as such,and via this course it also lacked depth,no matter as this was a tongue in
cheek approach on the whole that i can overlook,good work..

DJ firstly i liked some of your word choices here,plus you had a storyline within also,
you also had some depth here via details too,which helped as i could envisage some
parts whilst reading,you to had a simplistic approach via rhyme scheme here,and like
Slip it worked but it didn't enhance the piece as such,i did however liked your story's
progression though,it had a pacey vibe on reading,my biggest gripe is the fact that
this read more of a dream state rather than sleep deprivation which marred it some
for me overall,no matter though as you did bring imagery into the fray here so that's a plus,and the fact that it engaged me from the start was also a bonus on reflection,i
liked it,good work..

Overall,2 entirely different takes to the topic title that helped by giving this battle a non
monotonous read,so props there guys,and as your both fellow crew members it adds
the element of pain to call a winner here,both had minus and pluses,Slip brought in
creativity via his 2 pronged piece,and DJ brought imagery,so after read both again i'm
going to go with DJ,Slip i feel you kind of Slipped up by concentrating on Chekk here,
although your piece was off the cuff,it seemed more focused at Chekk rather than sleep,i feel if you could of injected more of the red eyes/unshaven aspect within
your verse it would have been ripe,but still props as it was entertaining..

Vote DJ..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 9:54pm
1-0 Flame
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 8:38am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Slip - I dig how you worked in your topical verse for this battle while aiming the whole thing to diss Ch3k. Not the approach many people would have done. There were some ups and downs because of that but I did think you did a good job keeping it all on the topic. The start of the topical was the best section and definitely could get a reader drawn in. You did well with description of your character (in this case ch3k) having sleep problems with sweat rings, the uncomfortable pillow, mouth breathing and then diving into his racing thoughts. However, this is where the story itself began to take a turned a nudge away from the topic. Yes you continued to focus on his thoughts and why he can't sleep, but it came off more as you throwing disses at him than focusing on the topical itself. Because of this, I thought you ate into some lines that could have given the topical a proper closure rather than just throwing in a single line to tie off the verse with. 

Technically, it was sound for the most part. There was a ton of mistakes regarding spelling and grammar which doesn't really effect the vote unless it hinders the flow or changes the meaning of the lines. But it's an eye sore and definitely needs to be polished in that aspect. Threw should through. I never slept in months should be I haven't slept in months. my space should be MySpace. Just small fixes but as a reader looking it, it will make the verse look much put together and not so rushed. Overall, as I said it was a cool approach off the topic given. I thought you did delve a little too much into your diss towards ch3k which too away from the focus of the topic and this battle. 

DJFlame - This was dope take on the topic. Instead of delving right into the insomnia itself, you told the tale of a character and why his insomnia is taking place. The story itself started well and kept me interested throughout the verse. I'll admit at first I didn't know if you were going to take it on topic because sleepwalking isn't insomnia. Being that they are two separate sleeping disorders and one can lead to the other, you did well in leading up to the point of your character not being able to sleep in jail as well as taking a couple lines to describe the affects that his insomnia had on his mental process and aging. It had nice ending to close the verse off with the character choosing the effects of insomnia rather than going through the horror again while he sleeps. 

Technically, it was sound, flowed well, good use of imagery and story building. Good mixture of simplicity to keep the flow smooth and word usage for description. Not much else to say about it technical wise, I thought it was pretty sound and polished. 

MVGT: DJ Flame - Decent battle. Flame did well using a story with character depth and development in the short amount of lines this battle had. Where Ch3k took another approach that was much more difficult to pull over and it his approach did affect the impact of his verse on the topic. Rather than writing a story around the topic itself, he chose to turn it into a diss more so answering the question "Why Ch3k would have insomnia"? In this case, I have to go with the progressively sound story and better technical writing. 
Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 4:32pm
2-0. 
Pushing this up for some more votes. 
Go my Minions!

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 1:30pm
Under site battle rules battle has not received enough votes in 4 weeks. Given it more time but now it will close.

Flame gets a win but not a KO win. Locked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic