General Board: Anyone ever have to fire some one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever have to fire some one?
    Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:01pm
Curious?

Today I caught this guy drinking on the job site. Was black out hammered by the end of the day. Had to tell him not to come back...

The guys on probation for four OUI’s and did a year in prison for the fourth. So now I think since sending him home his wife will call his probation officer and he’s going back in the drunk tank...

Anyone ever have to do this?
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:10pm
Yeah man. It’s never fun
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:18pm
Yeah i had to do it last yr a week before Christmas,damn i hated myself for it
too,but Beans i came to realise that their actions are not your making,it is hard,
but then that's life all over,hard,and your not responsible for their actions they
are...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:18pm
Sometimes they need the bolt gun
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:20pm
I have had to fire a few people. Its not fun because you know that you are potentially fucking someones life up but business doesnt have feelings. It sucks to let go someone that is a good person but shitty worker. Just remember tho, if the roles were reversed, you would be canned.
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:35pm
i own a lawn care business as a side gig, i honestly fire at least 2 people a year . ...

these guys get comfortable and lazy. .  and if given the opportunity, they will steal equipment. I fired my cousin last summer for siphoning gas out of one of the trucks in my fleet. Fired another guy this year for wrecking my zero turn. Dumb ass rolled a 7,000.00 mower into a retention pond. 

guess who gets to pay for it???? hint, its not the guy who crashed it
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

i own a lawn care business as a side gig, i honestly fire at least 2 people a year . ...

these guys get comfortable and lazy. .  and if given the opportunity, they will steal equipment. I fired my cousin last summer for siphoning gas out of one of the trucks in my fleet. Fired another guy this year for wrecking my zero turn. Dumb ass rolled a 7,000.00 mower into a retention pond. 

Business insurance bruh. Get it if you dont have that coverage
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:39pm

I got a side gig like that too use to fire a bunch of ppl who could stay clean. Got two good workers I’m able to work for an excavation company to.

This guy in my story though was running a skid steer could have fucked up bad and hurt someone and cost allot of money. Glad I got rid of him
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by daydizzle89 daydizzle89 wrote:

Business insurance bruh. Get it if you dont have that coverage

im insured, but you dont claim damaged equipment like that. . my premiums would go through the roof
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 2:47am
yo beans i was actually in the same predicament about a week ago. he was fucking up people's accoutn and was getting high blatantly. when gym members are complaining about the smell, well....its high time he get to boot. 

BiggTank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BiggTank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 12:36am
Yes, I supervise in manufacturing and machining...I've even had to fire a couple of my very close and personal friends over the years. To avoid the process being difficult or too damning, im always very upfront with everyone in advance if their tardiness or performance needs improved and offer them clarity on "how much longer I can hold management back" tha way if they keep it up or something happens its more of a "told ya so, bro." Ive found it easiest that way, personally.
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

yo beans i was actually in the same predicament about a week ago. he was fucking up people's accoutn and was getting high blatantly. when gym members are complaining about the smell, well....its high time he get to boot. 

Sammy, you run a gym?
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Sammy, you run a gym?

Sammy is part owner of LA Fitness. 
Go my Minions!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic