Author
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apeshit
    Posted: 06 September 2018 at 10:22am
I pop fools wit the Rugar, crew full of shootas
My G's all ape and we move like a Unit
Don't be goofy and confuse it, my goons too ruthless
Boot ya in the mouth banana clip'll leave ya toothless
You losers getting zooted off a nickel in a toothpick
While my niggas blowing Snoop Gorilla Glue inside of Cubans
The booth is gettin humid ... ain't no stompin out the flames
My boo's ass is stoopid - she got Donkey of the Day
Shout out to Charlemagne; I've been knighted by the Gods
Ciroc is the name, Diddy boppin in the rain
Empire State of Mind - I am Kong rockin Js
With Beyoncé on the stage and we never 'On The Run'
But stay on a Rampage for them Jacksons gettin paid
I'm Goodall day if the cash and Mary Jane is blue Bombay
She Baloo me fa the chain, King Louie and champagne
I knew she wanted fame, shot a movie and explained
Bared necessities of life - popped dat coochie in da frame
Uncle Luke her wit the gang? Dude you gotta be insane?
Cos I'm too damn fly ... to do a choochoo train
I ain't tryna catch a case like my nigga Pac did
Or be locked in a cage like a gotdamn chimp
I'm a Ceasar on these streets - a Sultan to the sheiks
And all a Genies is a flawless ass freak
On sum Abu Dhabi sheets (a-ladd-in the East)
But I represent the West, where monkeys get greased
For beatin on they chest - we'll empty out the clip
And leave em sunken with the fishes
For tryna throw a wrench - we ain't wit the monkey business
"You Mighty Joe, huh?" You might need jo gun
Cos the youngins going bongo
From McNola slums to jungles of Chicago

- M'Baku

Edited by Crimson Juice - 07 September 2018 at 2:12pm
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 1:15pm
'While my niggas blowing Snoop Gorilla Glue inside of Cubans
My boo's ass is stoopid - she got Donkey of the Day' 

yo man, when a theme pops in your head. . you just take that shit and run away with it lol. effortless read, man, you need to transfer some of these drops to audio fam
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 1:35pm
Quote I pop fools wit the Rugar, crew full of shootas

Yeah, this is the flexin' Self that we all fuck with heavy. The sound of the strung together multi is nice. The bounce to the flow and delivery gotta Dre swing.

Quote Shout out to Charlemagne; I've been knighted by the Gods

That closin' bar was toooooo tough. Keepin' with the Ape theme and the metas/wordplay in there are real dope

Quote I knew she wanted fame, shot a movie and explained

The second line was nice as it tied into the first line. I thought the other ones were a little loose as they worked but the content up to this point as been so strong, this seemed like a lul.

Quote I'm a Ceasar on these streets - a Sultan to the sheiks
And all a Genies is a flawless ass freak
Cos the youngins going bogo

- M'Baku

Closer brought back the heat. When you get an idea or theme for a topical or a flex jawn you carry it like no body else.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 3:39pm
Yo that donkey of the day bar thoughhhhhhhhh

#Bananas

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 3:44pm
I was actually gonna post this in the crew forum so everyone could jump on it with a different animal theme/scheme. But I got sleepy and forgetful and ended up just posting it here instead.

Anywho, good looking on the read, feed, and breakdown, fellas. Much appreciated. Respect.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 2:09pm
Edit: could a mod please change the word "bogo" in my closer to "bongo"
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 2:19pm
SELF I'll hit this up when i get back from physio,damn i've got to catch a train
then start swinging my crutches half way across the city,i fucking hate these
crutches too..(sorry aboutt the rant dude)..peace.

Ps...done the correction,was that bothering you?..lol.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 3:07pm
good to see you in a more playful mode after the intensifying diss rounds
thw whole thing was nice and apeshit nuts, 
no quotes mentioned
no quotes forgotten

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 10:41pm
how do you always come with rhymes. Normally i'd read a piece and be like...ohhhh i would do if you could've done this!

your work are usually that refined that i can't really do shit like that lol. This is tight man. YOu certainly have a gift for these type of swag and flow piece because it seems so easy for you. Sir, rhyming is your forte. Then the wordplays to boot ha! The god of all text wordplay to me is dynamix but with pieces such as this and sunrise meditation, you're in the clouds also my dude. 

btw, fucks wit the Sun Wukong reference! i grew up on Journey to the West!

RosenBoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-2-0
Form: LL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RosenBoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 11:36pm
Holy shit! The word play on this was fire. I don't think there is anything you could have done differently to make this drop any byeer than it is. I can't even pick a favorite line, I choose all of them because it flowed so we'll together and the theme truly carried throughout. Damn! How do you even come up with this shit?
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 11:38pm
Damn i really liked the sprite you kicked this off with,on some G swagger there,
This piece was brimming with testosterone too,defiantly came off as aggressive
and mean,you had a ripe everything within here really,metaphors/concepts/vibe/
rhyme scheme shit even flow,and the title ties in well with the main concept,class
display of your pen game,ive read this twice now,and the 2nd time round i was try-
ing to find a flaw to at least list a con from all these pro's,and i couldn't (except for
the correction i made on your request) find one,RIPE verse....peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 7:18pm
Honestly
This shit was absolute fire start to finish
I’m not even in here to critique this masterclass
I’m am merely here to acknowledge the fact you went fucking Bonobo on this scat
You had monkey on lockdowns like some kind of modern day Tripitaka....

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 4:35pm
I had to explain some of the wordplay to a homie from Africa on another site due to a few subtle cultural differences. Anyway, I'm sure all the heads on here caught most of, if not all of it, but in the off-chance not everyone did ... what the hell. Check it. Also, thanks for all the feed. Respect.

I pop fools wit the Rugar, crew full of shootas

"G-Unit" as in 50 Cent's crew. The "G" of which stands for gorilla (i.e., Gorilla Unit). "G" also can mean gangsters/guys. Meaning my "Gs" are gorillas/apes/wild, debo and dangerous. And we move like an organized syndicate/unit.

"Banana Clip" is obvious. "Gorilla Glue" is a strain of marijuana. A Cuban is a large cigar, or in this case a blunt used to smoke weed out of.

This colloquial use of "stoopid" means big/ridiculous.
A "donkey"=a big booty, but also refers to a jackass or a dumb person. "Donkey of the Day" is something the radio host Charlemagne the God gives out on his show to people in the headlines that he feels have done something stupid and worthy of ridicule.

"Shout out to Charlemagne; I've been knighted by the Gods"

Charlemagne is a double play on both the radio host and the ancient king of the same name.

"Ciroc" as in Sir Rock (after being knighted). Also "Ciroc" is a famous vodka owned by Puffy Daddy. "Diddy boppin" is a style of dance that was made famous by Puff Daddy aka P. "Diddy". Diddy is also from NY and is a good friend of Jay-Z. "Empire State of Mind" is a famous Jay-Z song. The Empire State Building is what King "Kong" climbed in the movie. J's=Jordan sneakers, but is also the shorten version of what most ppl call Jay-Z (e.g. Jay - no "Z"). "Rockin" is what you do when you're wearing something in a cool way. But also refers to the actor Dwayne the "The Rock" Johnson. (Kong, Rock and Jay)

Tie-in: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King Kong are all depiced as being giant gorillas in both the video games and movies.

There is a scene in the King Kong movie where the creature is forced to perform on a "stage" before escaping and going on a "Rampage" of destruction in New York City, which eventually leads to him climbing the Empire State Building while carring a beautiful woman inside his fist. 'On The Run' refers to the name of Beyoncé and Jay-Z's current stage tour. "Rampage" also refers to both the name of the movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, that involves a giant albino gorilla and other colossal-size animals that destroy a city in true King Kong vs Godzilla fashion. While at the same time "Rampage Jackson" is a famous UFC fighter and actor, and the word "Jackson(s)" is an another entandre that alludes to Andrew Jackson - who's face is on the $20 bill, which further alludes to money in general.

Jane "Goodall" is probably the most famous person to ever study primates in the wild or otherwise. The name "Jane" is also synonymous with the character Tarzan, who was raised by wild gorillas, and is comparable to Mowgli from the Jungle Book, which was set in India. "Bombay" is an liquor named after a major city in India and the color of the bottle is blue. Weed with blue hairs is usually considered bomb by most smokers and blue colored money refers to blue faced 100 dollar bills.

I knew she wanted fame, shot a movie and explained

Baloo=the bear from the Jungle Book that sung the song "the bear necessities of life". Baloo is also a flip on "blew". As in she "blew me". "King Louie" is the giant orangutan from the same movie, but also the name of a very expensive brand of alcohol named Louis the 13th (named after a king). "Bared necessities of life" meaning got naked on film. Making women "pop" (a gyrating dance movement) their "coochies"/vaginas is something old school rapper Uncle Luke and his 2LiveCrew were well known for. Thus, "Uncle Luke her wit the gang" is an allusion to running a "train" and or gang banging a single woman with your friends.

Tupac got locked up like a "chimp" because his friends ran a "train"/ gang banged a woman while he was in the same hotel room and she later accused him/them of raping her.

I'm a Ceasar on these streets - a Sultan to the sheiks

"Ceasar" is the title given to the emperor of Rome; as well as the name of the highly intelligent chimp from the movie Planet of the Apes. A "Sultan" is obviously a ruler of the country Saudi Arabia. In this case however, it's also the name of a fictional king who was the father of Princess Jasmine in the animated movie Aladdin.

And all a Ge-nies is a flawless ass freak

Genie(s)= all a "G" needs. Genie: played by late comedic actor Robbin Williams was the friendly magical entity that granted Aladdin's wishes. "Abu" was the name of Aladdin's sidekick monkey. "Abu" Dhabi is the capital of the UAE, which is located in the Middle East

A "Grease monkey" is a term used to refer to a greasey mechanic or often times just people that work with tools such as "monkey-wrenches" and of course oils and various lubricates. Getting greased means to be murdered. "Throwing a wrench" in something means to intentionally try to ruin person's plans or ambitions. "Monkey business" means partaking in mischievous or deceitful behavior.

Cos the youngins going bongo

"Might Joe YOUNG" is the title character from a movie involving an overgrown gorilla. Going "bongo" means drumming. Drumming means emptying out (via the act of shooting) a circular-shaped magazine or clip that is holding bullets.

- M'Baku

Is the leader of a tribe from Wakanda who is also known in the comics as Man-Ape.

Apeshit means to go crazy and is also the lead single off of Beyoncé and Jay-Z's new album.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic