Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KOTOM For April
    Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:45pm
Please bare with me I'm not as good as the rest of the people who went before me writing shit likes this.

Although I am disappointed with the turn out I am to blame as well. I wish I posted for this. Hopefully the May OMKOTM will have a better turn out.  I absolutely will be involved. Thanks to all the writers that participated and keeping this alive. much respect

Sky Scrapur: This was a cool little verse. You started off a bit poetic and then kinda tried to turn gangsta' all of a sudden with your lyrics. I never seen you write like that so it took me by surprise. This seemed a little too basic. There was nothing that really jumped out at me concept or flow wise. It felt like you were just going thru the motions so to speak. Your flowed picked up a little bit at the end but the story was just too generic for me. I've seen it a million times before.

Dizzle: You took the edge part of the quote more in a literal sense and usually I'm more of a fan of the abstract but you still surprised me as I felt your concept was pretty creative and you nailed the topic in your own way. This was typical Dizzle. It was dark but yu managed to stay on point for the most part. Your rhyme scheme seemed to give this a sense of panic or urgency and made it feel more aggressive. the middle to end of your second stanza was just dope. Very nicely written and concept wise you really nailed this topic. Well done.

Gambino: You surprised me Gambino. I thought this is one of the better verses I have seen from you. I was feeling your wordplay and imagery in some of your lines like the grass is greener but what about the sediment. I thought that stood out. As for the concept you came up with compared to the quote given it was kinda all over the place. Your were being too abstract to really come up with a basic underlining concept. I felt like you were just rhyming words that rhymed and feel way out of the basis of the quote.

Endevour: This was some poetic shit. You took the quote and beautifully turned it from something that SEEMS dark into one of the most beautiful thing on this earth. I was thoroughly impressed with the way you took this quote and executed your own spin on it within your concept. Some of the lines were hard to catch a flow ecause of the style you write with but you really nailed it at the end. That paradise I visit section rolled off the tongue. And the way you named the kid kaan was crazy. The way it represented the edge you were on to him being born was a great touch. at the end was so nicely written. This was a pretty dope take on the quote I must say.

Ash: I was diggin' this piece from you. You took this quote very literal but I did like what you had to say concept wise. Technically speaking tho you were a little choppy and some lines seemed a bit forced. You have improved drastically tho. If you could work on the technical aspects of your writing you could become a real force. This was an improvement tho. I also was really vibing off your emotion in this piece. I feel that was the strongest part of this drop. Also the 2 bullet concept was pretty cool to. Nice work ash.

Nigma: The scheme and the flow was unbelievable. You have probably the best ability at using vocab and keeping the flow and concept intact at the same time. You kept to your usual kind of kings and queens type shit but damne you executed it so nicely here. From defying the margin to the markets was just insane. You got a real select style. I'm feeling that. Then that hornets nest segment...Damn. The way you ended it was crazy. Your basically living on the edge by being a tyrant and living to satisfy your own personal needs and greed. This was one of your better drops. You never swayed off topic.

This came down to Endev and Nigma...Altho I must give a shout out to dizzle for really coming with it.  Thanks to all the participants.  Endev I love the way you took this quote.  You executed it in a way I didn't think anyone was gonna do it.  You went on the more beautiful side.  Nigma your was so technically on point it was pretty crazy.  Your concept was pretty awesome as well.  I hate to choose between yall but I'm going to give this to Nigma.  His concept was dope and the flow was just too much to pass over.

OMKOTM for April:  Nigma

Endev It was seriously insanely close.  Thanks to everyone who participated and I hope everyone will Join in on Law's OMKOTM for may cus Law has a really dope concept to write to.  Come on people lets keep this alive.  I will def be participating in this month's challenge.

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:33am
Well, this write up was definitely worth the wait. Congrats to Nigma, his verse was definitely insane and immediately had me worried too lol. I think I even said that in his thread.

Great job to the others as well, I found everyone's highly entertaining.
#Bananas

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:44am
^^unlucky Endeavor your piece was nice,congrats Nigma well done,and
good write up Exoduzt,good on you for taking the time and effort in
presenting this,job well done also..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 5:11pm
Nice work Exo & congrats to Nigs for collecting the latest OM King crown...
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 7:45pm
im a bit late to this, but excellent breakdown exo.

I agreed with your assessment on the verses I had a chance to peep. dope work. definitely up the standards my friend.
#Bananas
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 8:55pm
Nigma > Endeeze > Neek

Thanks for putting this together Exo, I know you got lots going on right now.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Nigma < Endeeze < Neek

fixed it.
#Bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Nigma > Endeeze > Neek

Thanks for putting this together Exo, I know you got lots going on right now.

The low blow is real. Damn you!
#Bananas

alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 10:04pm
A thoroughly great read! And I definitely agree, it was a close call. 
Congrats, Nigma! 
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 11:44pm
Gratz Nigma bro

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic