Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: As The Raven Flies
    Posted: 26 April 2015 at 1:04pm

https://soundcloud.com/mancsinatra/as-the-raven-flies

Edited by SwordedStylez - 04 June 2015 at 8:34pm
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 6:12pm
Love the intro with the piano and the snippet. What instrument is that, a flute? Diggin' that, reminded me of the indian flute instrumental. The flow was spot on. I liked the times where you sped up certain parts of the line it gave it a Tonedeff-esk delivery. Tech9 kind of uses that from time to time. No Hook, another snippet and it fits well. This without a hook, is actually refreshing. The second verse, loved it. Towards the end you could sense that "conviction" you were talking about. The second snippet through me through a loop at first, then I understood that the pauses were dramatic effect almost, so it worked out. The beginning of the 3rd is flawless. How it was flowing, rhyming, and sounded was all on point. I know you posted this in the open mic and i said I'd take out a word or 2, but this was done perfectly. The whole track had a meaningful feel to it. The message is awesome. Mixing and all that was on point, I'm just commenting to give you more feed. All in all, you never disappoint with a track Sword, good work.
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 6:22pm
The beginning with the piano was nice. Very smoothing. The audible snips was a little weird. This was nice. Your flow is really working is here. I like the content and concepts. Your voice was clear and the accent was smooth. I agree with ILL, the flutes was nice. I think you kept that when you showed me the instrumental of this. Dope shit. Your assonance picked up and so did your aggression. I liked the build up. Nice ending and it made your verse come full circle.

Great work SS

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 6:23pm
Good looks man and yeah that's a flute in the hook, I kinda exercised my "classical composer" muscles in this beat.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:07pm
Yeh this was refreshingly different beatwise, i like the bill hicks samples. Used to be a big fan of his and mixed with the beat it made the quotes feel like they had a deeper meaning. Flow and delivery were performed well, didn't come off corny at all and yeh thought this was musically better than alot of what we get on here.
#bananas
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:10pm
Well i wrote feed for this then my internet went out during the storm we were having lol but I'll just say aside from a few parts, the flow was perfect, the beat was awesome I was really vibing with it. The content was excellent you were very vivid and descriptive with your thoughts. Excellent track.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:12pm
Good looks man. And yeah Bill Hicks had a massive influence on me personally both spiritually and otherwise so I felt like his words supported my "whole" as it were. I'm trying to approach rap a little more seriously as a musician now instead of just fucking round like I always have so I'm composing my beats along with the lyrics and it just seemed to take me back to the "it's a ride" speech.
Music

Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 7:42pm
yeah i'm feelin this track mate!

the beat is an interesting one and your barz are deep, can relate!

makes me want to try and write a deep track.

Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 10:03pm
Cheers mate, I appreciate it. I'm an old 90's hip-hopper so I can't hang with you grime kids and your rapid-fire shit, I just do intricate schemes and content on breakbeats haha.
Music

Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 10:33pm
No problem dude, respect where respect is due.

late 90's rap is what got me into it (Eminem/Ja Rule & The UK Rappers Delight).

The thing i like about grime is the aggression and fire barz. But i would really like to challenge myself to try and write as deep and complicated as you.

Anyways, good stuff mate!

check out my second diss track i just put up with my buddy...and give feedback if possible and help me grow :D
Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 6:11am
On phone but peeped it on exos fb page, dope lyeics dope samples dope track
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2015 at 7:45pm
thanks man
Music

Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 6:12pm
Piano intro - yes
Bil Hicks drops- fuck yes
2:25 flow - fuuuuuuuck yes

Great song with lots of good stuff I could pick to compliment you on. Couldn't tell you anything I'd change or try different. Well thought out, executed and produced. A five minute son I didn't get bored of is an impressive feat. props.
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:00pm
I loved the way those last few bars of the first verse rolled off the tounge.
Kinda like Jay Z got off on 'Where I'm from'. That was dope.

I already commented on the lyrics. It's hard for me to be critical of something I can't do myself ...and I can do a lot lol.

I told you how I was feeling the live instrumentation feel but now that I'm listening to it I dunno man.

Those 3 verses are so crisp & clean, delivery/flow wise that they deserve a 'bigger/larger backdrop. You're too good to be flowing over 'sound cloud' production. And this is not me hating on your product.
You're the best audio head on this site (sass gets it in too)
I feel like I could add your shit to my playlist next to the Lloyd banks, Nas, ghostface tracks...But you need better production.

That's real talk. I usually don't even bother listening to other audio heads cause I want quality. And I KNOW you can deliver that my g.

I'll be patiently waiting in the cut till you drop that banger.

+Sick-Witted+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic