Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-0
Form: LLWWL
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AshleyKaos - Poor voting ettiquete
    Posted: 08 March 2015 at 1:57pm

Lol I dont mean to seem like im crying over a vote, but too me at least that seems overly biased in Rutters favour. Ive already said too Rutter i think he probably beat me here, thats not the issue, as i have said before it makes no difference to me if i win or lose. But a fair judgement is all i ask.

Her first sentences of each analysis says it all too me. 

Rutter
"Liked it . i think that you had some good punches with the amount of material you had to work with , which was not much given a guy with only 68 posting points"

Geeza
"
I think that your lines were short and basic and poorly delivered"

So basically, she has said zero negative points too Rutter, and a small personal preference as what line he should of ended on. Where as with mine, there is zero positive points, and just telling me too go and practice? 

Now i aint one too blow my own trumpet but my verse wasnt THAT bad?

So basically what im saying is, i accept the vote but not the reasons for it. Seems too me like i was given the loss because i only have 68+ posting points?

Not asking for the vote too be discounted, just that a fair examination be given regardless of status on the site. When i vote i offer good points and bad points too both MC's, that way the vote cannot seem biased. But with the way this vote has been written it would appear like i got my ass handed too me, when at least in my opinion it was a little closer than that.

Either way thanks for voting...

Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 2:31pm
I got the same feed from her on a battle, the thing is to remember that no two people are going to interpret your verse the same. So just chill man if you had the better verse it will show by the other voters...
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 2:54pm
I've felt the same before dude. I think what she meant buy the " u did well for a guy with 68 posts" was as in because I made each line direct/personal to u with little material. More than a rep thing. Hey but like u said there should be a light/shade balence to a vote. Maybe ask if she could expand on it.
#bananas
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 3:13pm
Ransom, I am chilled an i hear you. But I dont think i had the better verse, Rutter probably got me here, but ofc i hope others will see it differently. What im trying too say here is she gave no evidence to support her vote, it seemed very much like a rushed vote. What she did say about the 2 verses was extremely lopsided. Her first words on my verse were:
"I think that your lines were short and basic and poorly delivered"
Thats pretty fuckin harsh? I mean if thats how she interpreted it thats fine, but  she gave no positive aspects of it, like she gave Rutter no negative sides?
Im just suggesting people give good and bad points too anything you feed/vote on, cus no ones rhymes are perfect having no flaws, and no ones rhymes are just full of flaws? 
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 3:27pm
I think you've made a critical error, that critical error being not knowing what voting is. Let me help you out a little:

Two people post battle verses, a judge will then enter. That judge will read the two verses and decide which one they like more, then offer explanation. Now, when one person likes one thing more than the other, obviously the thing they don't like will come under criticism of why they didn't like it. Basically when voting it comes down to 'I thought your verse wasn't as good, here's why' and to the winner 'I thought your verse was better, here's why'.

Or for the short version. If she voted against you, of course she's going to be critical of your verse you dumb dumb.
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 3:32pm
I see where your coming from, but surely a more effective way would be too give a list of good and bad point of each verse and then tally up who had more and establish the winner that way?

Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 3:34pm
Keep your eyes open, I'm about to do a thread that could help with voting for the future.
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 3:37pm
Alright cool man, I may have too include a "no Ash vote" rule next time lol
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 4:20pm
Look geezie, I expect you not to have voted many battles here, nor have you had many battles. Trust me I've seen (and sometimes given too) some of the worse votes here (not that I've not improved with it) . But thats just part of the game, not that every person will or will not give you an explanation. I mean if you wanna improve then, taking critics is good (we are not here to know what are our goods, we are here to know what we lack!) . Incase you don't get proper critics, move to elevation center to find some help.
Cuz imo when you start complaining about a single vote and ask for an 'elaborated' explanation, voting process for your battles will get slower. Also not many people would like you complaining about their vote and might get disinterested to vote on your battle. Also I saw your battle against rkb and that was pretty much one sided imo, hence - there can't be a point for unfair voting. Just wait, as there are many votes yet to come and even a single vote is enough to get you the critics needed !
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 5:44pm
Ive said my piece, im done with it. 
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:14pm
This is hilarious. Afteer i posteed my ballet, and voted rutteer, he sent me a PM Saying :

Subject - Voting
Sent - 10 hours 28 minutes ago at 10:43pm
Sent by: Geeza
Group - Groupie Groupie

Hey thanks for voting :)

and then he posts a thread bitching about it because i read or messsage and didnt write back ?, Fuck you geeza .

Vottte to rudder :
" feel like your closer could have packed a harder punch "

advice.

I was trying to give you advice TO dude. thats all it was. and you know , if you haad a ffucking problem with my vote you could of PM'd me what you posted here instead of some fake bull shit and i would'nt have had a problem elaborating. My vote was detailed enough and gave a clear reason why i voted rutter.The person after me voted for him to. JUST BECAUSE I DIDNT FUCKING COMPLIMENT YOU ...? you get all butt hurt
FUCK YOU YOU GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM POST IT IN CALL OUTS YOUR A TWO FACED LIL WHINEYY BITCH GEEZA.

i call this shiit border line "   Swaying " if you askk mee .
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:20pm
people need to stop PM'n each other about votes...shady shit

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:25pm
Ash just went in..  Well..  Not literally.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:25pm
Would'nt participate in anything like that , im just saying if he would of asked me to elaborate whether by pm or otherwise, i would have complied and it would still have been a vote for the same person.

just saying Ex.
Slap Banger View Drop Down

Stats: 3-9-0
Form: LLLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:27pm
I would love to see an Ash vs Geeza battle soon hahaha

Geeza that's humans for you, if you're strange they don't acknowledge anything you do. Try battling strangers next time cause going against famous peeps won't get you a win.
Words words words my Lord, just words
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:30pm
All of you complaining about votes, why not go lead by example and show people how it's done?

Typical LA, more activity in a Fuck Yall thread than the fields them selves.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:30pm
It doesnt matter who had dropped rutters verse !! i thought it was better because of the reasons that i had previously stated.
Slap Banger View Drop Down

Stats: 3-9-0
Form: LLLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 9:37pm
yall heard the man, the harvest is ready leego reap
Words words words my Lord, just words
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 11:17pm
I was just saying nobody should send pms about votes..thanking them or not..I wasnt coming at you ash just saying in general.

Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2015 at 11:32pm
Exo, I heard people weren't voting much, so I thought it would be nice too say thanks for voting in a battle that i participated in, whether the vote was for me or my opponent, nothing shady.

And Ash, I sent that message before i even read what you wrote, i just saw that you had voted on it on the home page. But look i accept i over reacted, i expected a different approach too the voting requirements, but if thats not how it goes here, thats cool. I know the rules have the minimum requirement, but i didnt expect anyone too actually do the minimum. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic