Forum LockedAudio Battle Archive: [Audio] D.Von Doom vs. Bakardi (3-0)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Audio] D.Von Doom vs. Bakardi (3-0)
    Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:13pm
1:30(time starts when you rap)
On beat
No flips
48 hours to drop

Edited by Neek - 21 July 2016 at 3:02am
I can only fall off in space...
Bakardi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-4-0
Form: LLLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 9:20pm
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 7:53pm
Post the raw by mistake heres the right one

I can only fall off in space...
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 8:32pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Yooooooo, I'm gone cast the first vote on this.. I'm actually impressed with Bakardi. Nice drop homie. Came way better than I thought you were. Good shit..

Bakardi - I like the Jay Elect line, The El1te line was nice, the Nazareth line was nice. The flow was pretty consistent, the ender was a little soft. In audio battles openers and closers are important very important. Then your competition is D Von. You are going to have to take into account your popponent. Who is a bit more polished on the mic but is a very technical writer. You did your thing bro. All in all a good drop.

D Von - You came out the gate ripping, flow is sick. Weigi board line was nice. Keep a lid on yours, give a Bakardi shots like bartenders.
Texas toast. 16 weak semester in college. Punches thay lean with no codeine.. hate the US haven't left yet, deported and met ya death next, speaking excess. Atheist to a god N his radius. Broooooo, this shit was a body bag. To many quotable a. I just stopped there. Nice bars and flow was in the pochet the entire track. Never came off. I expected nothing less tho from D to be honest.

MVGT - Doom for the better battle verse. More punches, flow, delivery, aggression, schemes. D brought the whole package here. Big ups to Bakardi tho. Homie came nice. D just came harder. Keep dropping gentleman. This damn near made me wanna battle again. 
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 1:52am

Bakardi - I'm very impressed to see someone so new to the site coming at a vet like this. You clearly did some research and got a bit of info to make this a somewhat informed battle from your end of the spectrum. You had an on and off flow, some was tight, some was off tempo, but for the most part is was good. I wasnt really feeling the energy in  your verse, maybe cuz of the dull beat. It sounds like you have a lisp on alot of your bars so it took away from some of the impact. You had some nice punches in there, I liked the little lamb bar. But you did have alot of filler lines, which made this verse a lot weaker than it had to be.

D Von - You're a vet so I knew what to expect and you delievered. Great beat and energy, you came out the gate swinging and set up alot of nice punches, I love how flipped the syn line and the AK line from his verse. Flow was murderous, the Texas punches were well delivered, "You need to harden your bars just for houston to rocket. " dope af with the double entendre here. I laughed at the hoes to save line.

MVGT - D Von, because he had more complex punches, more punches in general. Better energy and flow. It was all around a better verse. 
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 2:12am

ok let's get it.

Bakardi: this was so much more than I expected. i had seen the audio om thread that seemed to be the last straw (was there other stuff?)

anyhow, going in i thought that perhaps you were being suicidal or delusional...but it's obvious that you have faith in your abilities and gave a good account of yourself here. i liked that you came with intensity and moved between dismissing him and into a bit of shaming from a moral high ground. i also thought it was poignant to come repping your crew considering it was a point of contention that gave rise to this battle.

there were some crazy conceptual sequences like the haphazardous/battleship/Nazareth/Lazarus bit...tho i was wondering about the lararus of rap ref...if it's you then you died and rose? or was it a saviour thing?

i thought that the stength of punches did vary...it seemed like the ones not attached to a personal or having a wicked concept fizzled a bit.. (damp panties)

i agree with ch3kk about your concluding bars...wasn't really a coup de grace...but it did serve to finalize the overall message.

flow wise there a few moments where there seemed to be the slightest of hiccup...but i never clocked a true fall off beat.

major kudos for challenging here.

Doom: really liked the feel of this. it was unrelenting in its mix of wordplay and scheme-laden punches that navigated each flow seamlessly.

i think you did a good job of anticipating his line of attack and went after Syndicate material/members. interesting that you both had a religious ref in there. ..guess that's the necessary posture, tho.

was kinda disappointed i didn't hear the raw track before it was replaced...find that shit interesting.

it's a special thing to make a track for a battle and have it listen-repeatable...

another great job.

enjoyed this battle. i gave the nod to doom...just too much in the arsenal. but this ain't a true loss for Bakardi in that he opens his account here with a solid performance against the top guy.

props to both
vote to doom

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 3:01am
Doom wins by KO (3-0)
#Bananas