Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Calibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 12:48pm
After the league, do you do like a play off of the top 2 battlers from each league or is it just straight promotion?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:00pm
Since the league at the moment is randomly generated...

It might be coolio if you had like a play-off thing @ the end...so like, winners of three divisions have like a mini-play off, *shrugs*
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Stats: 40-32-1
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:30pm
If you bothered to read the rules ;) - You'd know that its 2 up, 2 down.

The random thing was only for the first season. Otherwise, how would it be fair that I put certain people in certain divisions. So yeah. From now on, 2 up 2 down, except for the top division, which will have a champ / 2 down and the bottom division, that will have 2 up only.

I'm so fucking intelligent, half the time I don't even know what I'm saying...
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Calibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:36pm
So the first season champ is really irrelevant. Thats why I suggest a play off. For example I have no chance of being champ for atleast 2 seasons wether I've been the best battler or not.
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 4:47pm
I will do it the way I had planned, I think. There will still be awards / sigs with these 2 test seasons. I know you can't be champ in the first 2 seasons, but thats really not my fault. Not everyone can be champ. And the fairest way I could put you all into leagues was to do it randomly.

Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by NepentheZ NepentheZ wrote:

Originally posted by Calibra

Originally posted by Fatal

I doubt ill be joining this untill records are on the line...pussies. :P

I think records should be on personally.

Nep why aren't they?

Ask Scooter pie.

There are many ways around him... because he is stupid...

A few suggestions...
1. Competitive battles have taken place and will continue to take place in the Battle League... so Wins/Losses should be recorded...
2. No-shows in the Battle League should not be recorded... except in the Battle League...
3. Battles which are not completed within the rules of the Battle League can be removed to the Battle Fields... where the default rules of LA will apply...
4. No-shows should only be officially recorded in the Battle Fields under normal LA rules regarding no-shows...
5. The current random line-ups can act as preliminaries...  The top two of each of the current leagues will meet in the Legendary League... the next two will face each other in the Professional League... and the bottom two of each league will be included in the Semi-Professional League...
6. The names are gay and need changing...  Simple Premiership... Division 1... Division 2... etc... will be sufficient...
7. New divisions can be added as more Members take part...  Though better to have more Members in fewer divisions...
8. New Members/battlers must start their way from the bottom of the Battle League...
9. All Members are free to battle in the Battle Fields under different rules to those used in the Battle League...
10. Once rules are clearly defined... the Battle League can be moderated by any Moderator or Admin...

Potentially... the Battle League could precede the Text Rankings in acting as a record of LA's active battlers...  The current Text Rankings could run alongside the new Battle League... so that there is an overall statistical record of battles taken place throughout LA's history...

Adios...Geek
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 5:38pm
Yeah, I mean, I agree with a lot of that. But point 5 I don't. I get that seems logical. But the top 2 may not exactly be the best and deserve to a spot in the top league. You know, maybe we can literally do it on points. At the end of this season, 18 Emcees will have 18 points totals. First 6 highest go into Div. 1, next 6 into Div. 2 and the bottom 6 into div. 3

Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:00pm
Point 5 is logical... but your argument against it is not...

The top two are the best two battlers in their leagues... or at least they have won the most points to qualify for first and second place...  The bottom two are the two worst battlers or have the least amount of points...  The whole point in using a league was to battle opponents on your own level more often...  This is not taking place at the moment...  Initially... leagues were randomly generated...  Members with the same amount of points but in different leagues are not on a par with each other...  Points earned at the end of the season is less important than the finishing position...  The current leagues are irrelevant as they are... but are very important in determining the set-up of the final Battle League...

Adios...
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Calibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:30pm
Senor has a point...
Junior Shade View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Aka UnaBomber

Stats: 55-14-6
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Junior Shade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:43pm
I think Point 5 is a good idea..
JoeyNice View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoeyNice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 6:51am
some leagues have more talent than others..

thus the top 2 battlers might not even face each other
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:58am
Each Emcee battles each other emcee 1 time. 

JoeyNice View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoeyNice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 9:17pm
heres a suggestion..

how about all those who have been voting on all the battles in this league.. start to be consistent and vote in the battles in the 1 v 1 thread as well !
I-SEE-GRIPS View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-23-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-SEE-GRIPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:06am
Take ya suggestions to the right thread
remember..................the one you set up
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:14am
Since this is an "UNofficial" battle league, anything that happens inside the league will have no baring on the rest of LA.

There will be 2 seasons to act as trials (inc the one running now) after which, I will discuss with nep and potentially the rest of LA about how to proceed.

If this is successful it will become an Official battle league, and thus be allowed to integrate into the rest of LA. Which means scores maybe added, and the Battle League Rankings may replace the LA Text Rankings (with the old running beside it).

And so, your motivation for the Battle League is for it to stay, which will add the possibility of a pwitty ickle ranking under your name to tell the world just how amazing you are Ermm
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
JoeyNice View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoeyNice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 1:55am
how long is a season by the way?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:02am
What happens if someone wants to join midway through a season (I'm thinking about new members...vs. how long the leagues last for)
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 9:59am
I believe a season is 5 weeks.

And I dont think someone could just join midway through a season, for starters they'll have no chance in it (as they could only get like half the wins possible), Plus we dont let people join midway through a tournament
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
aminal View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aminal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 11:32pm
suggestion: make this thread a sticky
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 1:25am
Well..

One things for certain.. 

I'll be leaving my verse to Telsa pretty late before the deadline LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic