Author
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 40-32-1
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 1:25am
Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be making some changed to the way the Stats and rankings are done. Which is why I haven't yet put them up. I'll finalize it tomorrow or Monday, so you will get them then, for week 1 and 2. Its not working well for me on Excel, so I'm going to have to do them manually on here.

I'm so fucking intelligent, half the time I don't even know what I'm saying...
Fatal View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
...Wicked Wit Wordplay...

Crew: The Dynasty

Stats: 44-4-2
Form: WNNWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fatal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Senor Perfecto Senor Perfecto wrote:

Originally posted by NepentheZ NepentheZ wrote:

Originally posted by Calibra

Originally posted by Fatal

I doubt ill be joining this untill records are on the line...pussies. :P

I think records should be on personally.

Nep why aren't they?

Ask Scooter pie.

There are many ways around him... because he is stupid...

A few suggestions...
1. Competitive battles have taken place and will continue to take place in the Battle League... so Wins/Losses should be recorded...
2. No-shows in the Battle League should not be recorded... except in the Battle League...
3. Battles which are not completed within the rules of the Battle League can be removed to the Battle Fields... where the default rules of LA will apply...
4. No-shows should only be officially recorded in the Battle Fields under normal LA rules regarding no-shows...
5. The current random line-ups can act as preliminaries...  The top two of each of the current leagues will meet in the Legendary League... the next two will face each other in the Professional League... and the bottom two of each league will be included in the Semi-Professional League...
6. The names are gay and need changing...  Simple Premiership... Division 1... Division 2... etc... will be sufficient...
7. New divisions can be added as more Members take part...  Though better to have more Members in fewer divisions...
8. New Members/battlers must start their way from the bottom of the Battle League...
9. All Members are free to battle in the Battle Fields under different rules to those used in the Battle League...
10. Once rules are clearly defined... the Battle League can be moderated by any Moderator or Admin...

Potentially... the Battle League could precede the Text Rankings in acting as a record of LA's active battlers...  The current Text Rankings could run alongside the new Battle League... so that there is an overall statistical record of battles taken place throughout LA's history...

Adios...Geek

This league would be sick, Nep, if you go Senor's route...
aminal View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote aminal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 5:47am
^I agree those rules make a lot of sense
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 12:21pm

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be making some changed to the way the Stats and rankings are done. Which is why I haven't yet put them up. I'll finalize it tomorrow or Monday, so you will get them then, for week 1 and 2. Its not working well for me on Excel, so I'm going to have to do them manually on here.

Send me the excel and I will sort it out....I'm good with that kind of thing
iCeZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: The Dynasty

Stats: 41-13-0
Form: WLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iCeZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 9:34am
Hasnt this shit hit a wall......
Ice they need time to translate it, That why U let kids down
So ya'll should go read my 08 shit, maybe U'll get it now
Matt The Ripper View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 25-40-2
Form: WLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Matt The Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 11:08am
What happened to week 6?

It's Tuesday now...
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Calibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Matt The Ripper Matt The Ripper wrote:

What happened to week 6?

It's Tuesday now...

There is no Week 6, there's only 5 battles in a season. This season is over, we're on a break now, should be a tourney or something coming up.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Matt The Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 8:14pm
So when were we going to be told this was happening? lol

It didn't even show up when i'd click on "New Posts"

So I didn't even see this until now...
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 10:41pm
I've been talking about it for weeks. The new sign ups have been about for weeks too. It was definitely in new posts too. The battles have been up since like, Wednesday.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Matt The Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 11:11pm
They weren't showing up for my New Posts.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:23am
Signups was on the homepage for a while

Did that not show up either? Ermm
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Lucky D View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 17-21-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lucky D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:53am
My suggestion is either start over again or keep goin' but with some structure
Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 2:20am
With a proper system in place... any Moderator could keep the league going as if they were regular battles in the Battle Fields...

Rules must be followed... or refined for enhancements to the system...

Members who do not show on time for battles are presumed not to be active battlers... and will therefore drop down the league and eventually cease participation accordingly...

We could continue with the two season trial... then see what improvements we can make before we run it properly and efficiently...

Adios...Geek
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 6:05pm

The league is already easy for any mod to run. I've already explained to Kay how it all works, and it doesn't take much. The only "effort" that goes into it, is the hour or so it takes to put up the new battles, and the hour or so to sort thae tables out. The issue is, and the reason I've not closed any battles and put new ones up, is the fact that 10 (might have been a couple more) - of the battles for Week 2, had no shows, and the majority of those, neither battler showed up. How can you expect me to take it seriously, when thats the case?

Scotty said maybe I should do a new sign up each season, but that defeats the purpose of having divisions. So maybe we just have 1 division. Everyone battles everyone once. It might take a little longer, but it would probably be more interesting as it can get close at the top. The winner gets a shot at the title of his choice, and people who no show will be deducted points, and will eventually just be sat at the bottom of the table.

Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 10:25pm
This hasnt failed because of how it has or hasnt been run so quit bitching at nep...now im the first to tell him he's a lazy ass mod sometimes, BUT he done his job...he set the battles up, its the people in the leagues who have no-showed that aint down to nep....

A few people including myself 'no-showed' because there oponent openly said in the thread 'im not droppin'

Anyway....I agree a new sign up should be made, i had hoped this would work on here but i dont think it will
Mackie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 45-38-4
Form: LLWLNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 10:51pm
the 2 bar battle league got sum milage didn it?
NepentheZ View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
... { 26 } ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NepentheZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 11:47pm
the 2bbl failed because of Jr's mismanagement.

If it seems easier, then 1 league would be better. I'm happy to do that, and happy to see out the rest of season 2, if people start dropping. The thing that gets me is, so many of you no-showed, and as Kay said, openly at times, because you couldn't drop 4 fucking bars (which in all honestly shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) - yet so many of you dropped Open Mics, Audio Mics and set up proper battles during the time frame you had to drop 4 bars. I mean really guys..... help me out here...

Mackie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 45-38-4
Form: LLWLNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 12:47am
cash prize incentive maybe
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 1:22am

the 2bbl failed because of Jr's mismanagement.

If it seems easier, then 1 league would be better. I'm happy to do that, and happy to see out the rest of season 2, if people start dropping. The thing that gets me is, so many of you no-showed, and as Kay said, openly at times, because you couldn't drop 4 fucking bars (which in all honestly shouldn't take more than 10 minutes) - yet so many of you dropped Open Mics, Audio Mics and set up proper battles during the time frame you had to drop 4 bars. I mean really guys..... help me out here...

Tbh in my case i saw no need to spend 10 minutes writting cos jnr said he wernt guna show anyway so even if i wrote aload of shit....it'd stil waste time
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2009 at 9:05am
well if u wouldve taken the 10 minutes out of ur busy schedule, that wouldve been 1 less person to no show... way to set an example Kay Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic