Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle Ranking Trial
    Posted: 21 April 2015 at 7:54pm

Just to give advanced notice to the shock people may receive next Monday. But I will be trialling some changes to the Battle Ranking formula, most noticeably the permanent addition of Veterans.

The way the rankings work is that people drop off the Current ranking list after not logging in for a while and/or not being active in the battlefields. Essentially the change will prevent people in the Veterans group from being removed from the rankings for inactivity.

This change is being made to add more weight and validity to the Veterans group as well as give something back, show some respect to the past veterans that helped shape Lyrical Assault and leave their mark here.

As I say, this change will take affect when the rankings next get updated, which is early Monday morning.

Running along side this change will be some background work on improving and updating the Veterans and Hall of Fame sections of the site. There are also a hell of a lot of other things currently in the works to improve different aspects of the site.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 8:08pm
Good shit scotty i think thats a dope idea they definitely deserve more recognition
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 8:16pm
Not only that, it gives you battlers something to "shoot for" legacy wise. If someone topples Orion they've earned a lot of respect in my eyes.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 12:06am
Good stuff
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 12:45am
Just when i broke the top ten, darn. I agree with the sentiment none the less.
#bananas
thryjoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-2-1
Form: LQL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thryjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 10:35pm
Is it possible to get on that with OMs?
they told me it was reality, but it's really all in your mind.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 10:39pm
no dude sorry, just by battling. But don't worry, our Open Mic section is THE most active and respected area of the site. If you drop good work, you'll get your recognition.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:13pm
Just saw the changes.. but ain't this stuff the same as 'all time rankings'????? I mean whats the difference between all time and current rankings....???
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:27pm
Axy, Read how the rankings work.

After a bumpy launch, everything is now sorted and the change has taken affect. Feedback is welcome.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 8:51pm
I like it. I think it pays respect to those big battlers in the past. I think it's also a "2 fold" target for our members. 1: Beat the vets and get a better ranking. AND 2:Become a vet yourself (requires ACTIVITY and DEDICATION and MOTIVATION i believe, oh, not to mention LOYALTY) to cement that record for all-time. Great work.
Music

Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 9:05pm
Not sure I like it tbh. Not trying to be a dick, just offering personal feedback and opinion.

I think the respect is paid in the All Time ranking section. When new people come to the site (I speak from my own personal experience), particularly people that know their way round a text battle, the rankings is one of the first things they look at to see who they can put on their radar. You go there now, you see Orion, Manc, ILLSTARR etc and then you find out these people haven't even logged in for a while but they're on a rankings list called "current" you'd think wtf. At least I would.

"Current" should be current.

Again just my opinion.
XLNC View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-2-3
Form: WWLWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XLNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Arthur Arthur wrote:

Not sure I like it tbh. Not trying to be a dick, just offering personal feedback and opinion.

I think the respect is paid in the All Time ranking section. When new people come to the site (I speak from my own personal experience), particularly people that know their way round a text battle, the rankings is one of the first things they look at to see who they can put on their radar. You go there now, you see Orion, Manc, ILLSTARR etc and then you find out these people haven't even logged in for a while but they're on a rankings list called "current" you'd think wtf. At least I would.

"Current" should be current.

Again just my opinion.

Co-Sign
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:24pm
"Current" was more about filtering out the "one loss and left" accounts.
Fentanyl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 3-2-1
Form: WWLNLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fentanyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:55pm
I belong in the top 20 no doubt
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2015 at 3:22am
Ive been battling in heatwave but I dropped out of the active rankings...should I just let it go scoot?
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2015 at 9:32am
Tournament battles don't count towards the rankings.

If you want to get back on the rankings just complete a battle in the fields.
Koffin Ryder View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koffin Ryder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2015 at 4:42am
Yea its a great idea to treasure veterans plus hall of fames..
Can anybody say me who is the real admin of lyricalalyricalassault?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic