Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle Rules Updated - 13th Feb 2014
    Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:45pm
The battle rules have been updated and will take effect at midnight tonight GMT.

Any battle created after this time will be bound by the new rules. All existing battles will be bound by the old rules.

I would recommend everyone reads them so they are up-to-date.

If you have any questions, don't understand any of the changes or just want to be a dick for the sake of it, then post in here and I will either answer your question or ignore you depending which is most relevant.

The new rules can be found here:
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/battles/rules.htm

The old rules can be found here:
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/battles/text-rules-2005-10-25.htm

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Dougysnuggy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-11-5
Form: NWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:53pm
Word. I like the minimum deadline... 
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:55pm
In the Default/House Rules section what does the term 'feeding' refer to?
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 8:58pm
Feeding off your opponents verse, the same as flipping.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:06pm
Gotchoo. Only rule I don't agree with is not being appointed a win if ya get no-showed. I see reasoning behind it but it feels like adding insult to injury, spending the time writing a verse, receiving no feedback on it, then getting nothing in return. I see you're able to reuse the verse however that doesn't feel very practical. 
Dougysnuggy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-11-5
Form: NWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:11pm
Reusing a verse would look weak as fuck tbh
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:18pm
The only reason for explicitly stating you can reuse all or part of the verse if someone no-shows on you is because of the "no recycling rule". Whether you do or not is pretty much irrelevant.

As for the "no show win", I won't go into reasons behind it, as I'm sure you can already guess. But when someone no-shows they receive an N, this is pretty much the same as a loss as far as the rankings are concerned.
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 9:51pm
appreciate the work, scotty.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2013 at 10:14pm
Yes, Text and Audio rules have been merged.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 12:05am
reason being the rules were identical anyway
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 10:06pm
The Site's Battle Rules have been updated again and will take affect as of 13th February 2014.

A few of the significant changes are listed below. However you should read the rules them selves to be safe.

Disqualifications
DQs will now be added to battle scores. They will take the place of, and include, No Shows currently on profiles. They will be denoted under the Battle Form with a D. No Shows will continue to be denoted with the N. This will be applied retrospectively.

Personal's
As mentioned ages ago, off-site personal's are off limits, unless shared by the relavant person on LA. This has now made it into the rules. There is a more expanded explanation in the Battle Rules. For those people who who still wish to allow any personal to be used, you must add "No Holds Barred" clearly the first post of your battle.

If you do not understand or need a rule clarifying then you should post your questions in this thread.

U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 10:18pm
I like the additions a lot, they were needed...Question tho,

How about adding something about "voting stipulations"...I think we should be allowed to name names...For instance, "Scotty is not allowed to vote on the battle"...But, I think stipulations like "must have 150+points to vote" don't really help anyone...New battlers may vote poorly, but there are also new battlers who can vote fairly and well...I think those restrictions just make it tougher for battles to get votes and make more work for mods to go through to make sure everyone meets the "voting requirements". 
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 10:33pm
I don't feel it needs spelling out in the rules my self, as to begin with there would be an endless list of what is ok and what isn't.

I personally have no problem with specific people or user groups being excluded from voting or minimum points required to vote. I feel it is up to both battlers to make this decision, and if it results in little or no votes, it is there fault.

What I do have a problem with is the vague rules, such as "no n00b votes" (what counts as a 'n00b'?) or "No shawn aliases" (obv they cannot vote as they would be banned). I feel these are too vague, unclear and open to interpretation. As I have mentioned previously on the site, this vague and unclear rules will be void and ignored by moderators.

After cleaning up the fields today, I also see a problem with people either stating the bleeding obvious ("only fair votes"), repeating House Rules or completely ignoring the Site Battle Rules altogether ("1 hour deadlines"), and this is AFTER it has already been pointed out to them that the minimum is 48hrs.

It should probably be added that the vague rules do not count, any suggestions for how to word it would be very much welcome.

JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 11:04pm
very nice stuff brother... good rule break down... pretty good stuff scotty32
D_Vour_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-0-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D_Vour_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by U.N.L.M. U.N.L.M. wrote:

there are also new battlers who can vote fairly and well...

*cough* me *cough* *cough*

LOL
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 11:29pm
If anyone puts a 4 week time limit, they should be stabbed.

No show should be a win.

Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Scotty32 Scotty32 wrote:

What I do have a problem with is the vague rules, such as "no n00b votes" (what counts as a 'n00b'?) or "No shawn aliases" (obv they cannot vote as they would be banned). I feel these are too vague, unclear and open to interpretation. As I have mentioned previously on the site, this vague and unclear rules will be void and ignored by moderators.

After cleaning up the fields today, I also see a problem with people either stating the bleeding obvious ("only fair votes"), repeating House Rules or completely ignoring the Site Battle Rules altogether ("1 hour deadlines"), and this is AFTER it has already been pointed out to them that the minimum is 48hrs.

It should probably be added that the vague rules do not count, any suggestions for how to word it would be very much welcome.

You could probably add it below the Default/House Rules...Or anywhere else you'd like to add this...Just something to make clear you will ignored any restriction that is not explained...I added an example below

Default / House Rules

The House Rules are the default rules used in battles, for example if they are missing from the battle or unclear.

• Deadline is 2 Weeks from creation of thread.
  • Standard timezone is GMT/London
  • 1 Round
  • First to 5 votes or 3-0 KO
  • Check in's are not required
  • Crew votes are disallowed
  • Flipping/Feeding is allowed
  • Off-site Personals are not allowed
If you choose to use different rules they need to be clearly stated and specific (avoid labels). Having voting stipulations concerning Noobs, Veterans, Experienced battlers, etc. are all examples of unclear labels and terms. Any rule considered to be vague or unclear will be ignored and default rules will be applied. 
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 10:16am
Thanks Unlm, I'll see what I can come up with for the next rule update.

Floss, before 26th Nov you could have "unlimited" battles, and plenty of people did, so 4 weeks is actually a lot better. As for no show wins, they will never happen.
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 10:52am
^ word. And wouldn't it be less work if there was just wins/losses.
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
hanGing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Not to be Fucked With.

Text Rank: #8
Stats: 30-10-6
Form: NNWLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote hanGing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Flossaurus Flossaurus wrote:

^ word. And wouldn't it be less work if there was just wins/losses.

No.
"Sicker Than Thou"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic