Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battlefields Back Online
    Posted: 18 February 2014 at 8:19pm
The Battlefields and Call-outs forum have both been brought back online. However before you run off to set up a battle, you must read this first.

Rules
Remember, the rules have been updated so you should make sure you have read them all and understand them. If you do not understand them then you must ask for clarification here.

Upping
Remember, upping is only allowed 24 hours after the last post. You cannot up if the last post was an up. An up is considered as anything that is not one of the following: Rules, Verse or Vote.

Please fight the urge to spam up your battle with shit. If it's not a vote or verse, you probably shouldn't be posting.

Deadlines
Since you have now read the Site Battle Rules, you will be aware that the minimum deadline is 48hrs. So you won't be posting any deadline that is less than this.

Battles That Need Closing
As before, the advice once your battle is finished is to leave it until a moderator closes it. Do not up it to try and get it closed quicker, as this will just make it take longer.

Problem with a vote
If you have a problem with somebodies vote, then hit the Report Post button under Post Options. Complaining in your battle will not result in the desired out come you are expecting. If a mod hasn't dealt with it after a reasonable amount of time, it is likely they do not see a problem with it.

Voting
Considering everyone was complaining it was the mods fault for not closing battles... once the fields were cleaned and left with just battles needing votes, it took a surprisingly long time to clear up. Remember, this is a community, it will be vastly improved if we all work together to help the fields flow. So take this as an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and aim to vote more often.

If you have read all of the above and taken it onboard then you are now ready to hit the fields. Enjoy.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
IZIAH View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-1
Form: WLLWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IZIAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 8:24pm
good shit scotty.
~Insight The Inspired~
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 8:37pm
great...

but guys don't let this keep you from voting on the c4c final!
D_Vour_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D_Vour_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 8:51pm
Now.... Let's ALL move forward and ALL act like mature and responsible individuals with battles and such.
fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 9:43pm
^^ this

props to mods scott an voters for the effort. it was worth doing.
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:15am
Ungh fuck yea
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
Xplicit19 View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 14-9-1
Form: WLWNLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xplicit19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 4:37am
Now i can go back to slayin cowards
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 1:00pm
D_Vour_ and LooseCannon have both been given a Battling Ban for a day and two respectively, for failing to resist the temptation of spamming battles unnecessarily.

D Vour especially needs to learn he can't go into other peoples battles and spam it with irrelevant posts.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:14pm
I like the idea that you can give out specific bans to forums...

Can you group them as well? So say, they miss out on the general boards & not the battling/open mic type ones?
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:24pm
There's only two non-ban bans. Limited Perks and Battling Ban. If needed I can always make more but they are simply generic bans that apply to everyone given it.

Limited Perks just kills access to private messages - for use when someones spamming or PM'in for votes.

Obviously I can restrict access to forums for anyone, however needed. The above is only to make it easier for mods, as they wouldn't have access to the admin area to do this kind of thing. Also it's all automated so the bans remove them selves once the times expired, rather than a mod having to go in and manually update it.

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:30pm
Yeah yeah I get making it easy for mods...I guess I was asking if you can make customisable bans that you could apply in certain circumstances...for instance, CJ doesn't have access to OM for a week or whatever.

And I mean giving that ban out by having a pre-determined "ban type" rather than wielding individual punishments. Like you have 4 categories of non ban bans or whatever.

Would be an interesting thing to experiment with.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 10:38pm
Yeah the way it's all built it's minimal effort to drop in more categories. I started out with the Limited Perks only for the non-ban bans and only recently added the Battling Ban since it was needed.

As for the CJ reference - Earlier I was thinking of disabling topic ratings all together for the Limited Perks group. Shame it has to be a catch-all style, but a customised ban on an individual basis would be far to much effort for what it's worth.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2014 at 11:10pm
Yeah I wasn't suggesting that...I kind of meant using a pre-defined "ban group" in that specific instance. Worth thinking about with all the trolls and suchlike.
Idol View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Idol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 7:25pm
G'Looks Boss man
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic