Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beans vs Ridley Scott - Play off R1
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:40pm
Due Sunday Lads
#bananas
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 12:01am
Every verse this cunt writes starts: "Listen..." or "See..." n that literally makes me go head-palm a wall
But without that reference to Hearing or Sight, then I fear his bars might have no sense in at all
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 12:26pm
My bars are too savage, no way this dump can manage
His body's be "lost in the woods" after I get the dub wit damage
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:54pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Ridley- you personally attacked Beans. You threw a nice little jab. I get the reference and it was pretty clever. Flow was a little elongated but i still got the punch and it worked out pretty well. Wordplay was good also. simple yet creative enough to land

Beans - IDK, Not a fan of this bar. It was generic and didnt land for me. I get what you were trying to imply but it didnt have explanation to it. I wish it was a little more direct and punchy.

Overall - Ridley gets the W For me

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 11:16pm

Ridley clever wordplay here I think,the personal/punch was directed well and also
landing too,plus i liked the concept aswell,although on the Long side as bars go,it
didn't effect it to much on the whole really,again you brought that certain swag you
have with the humour element,which only aided the punch overall,the other bonus
was that it read well also..

Beans I liked the the wordplay here,and I also liked the concept is was a current 1
too,but it didn't have any real relevance to Ridley for me,it seemed very loose and generic to be truthful,I couldn't make a connection,so I even revisited that post to
try and get (pardon the pun) a sense of where you was coming from,I thought it
might of been down to some feed he may of left,but there was nothing to link his
alias or a post to that OM,the only other thing left was the thug element or g raps
slant you brought with the only relevance being just that..

Vote..Ridley..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 11:57pm

As said before, rid, you came personal, and whilst the punch was quite abstract and a slight stretch, it was creative and original. Beans, I like that you condensed your bar, and it wasnt a bad punch, but it was slightly generic and didnt get me thinking like rids did.

Mvgt rids
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 12:23am

Eids - I gotta say it felt very long winded for what it was. The little senses play was ok but just didn't need half the words.
Beans - i thought it was all tied in nicely and much smoother than usual. I liked the execution obviously it lacked in a direct personal but the l/a related reference decent/

Vbeans 

I thought he had the overall better punch
#bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 2:12am

Ridley, I enjoyed your bars, they were clever. But not the hardest hit. I def like them tho none the less. For such long lines tho, I wish you'd incorporate more internal rhymes, or some decent multis.

Beaner, your flow was clean, nice rhymes in them as well. I like this hit, it landed. But imo this would have been a haymaker had it been dropped against s dubb instead. None the less, it was a nice diss, came together well, but not a haymaker.

Mvgt bean burrito
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 5:18am

Ridley: 
I got to say this was an okay bar, but it was a bit too stretched for me...... It was an alright personal, but nothing really eye popping material..... You had a great set up with the whole listen, see. and making no sense, the wordplay was good.....  I just feel the punch would have landed harder if the bar wasn't so stretched, but still a decent overall punch...... 

Beans:
I actually really enjoyed this bar..... The flow was on point.... I also like the referrence you used with my open mic, good set up and delivery there.....  What I mostly enjoyed was the fact that this bar was short and direct to the point...... I also feel that it was a solid landing, a good punch....... 

Vote- Beans
Reason- I feel his bar was more to the point which landed his punch better..... He had a harder delivery and didn't stretch his punch like Ridley did........ good battle both of you though.....
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 10:48pm
Sorry it's late lads
I owe this one an opinion
Looks like a close one, only scanned the votes brief so not sure who's up here

Weighing this up now between various other expectations
Back soon

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 11:12pm

Wrinkly
First thing I thought was "risky opening words" I mean you say every! But go first! It's too flippable considering he hasn't started yet...So that has a weakness as a Vanguard

Bar seemed very strtch mate
I dig stretch but I like something to make it flow fluid
Concept was flawed by its inherent weakness and relied on beans starting how you claimed he does

He didn't?....You warned him not too?

Been
Indirect.. But not any less than Rid to be fair
You both tried to be original here, steering away from predictable stereo type numbers
I thought you took this with the better executioner of lines, I did appreciate the wordplay of both writers
But the best out of these two misses was beans, just preference regarding overall delivery
Vote Beans

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 12:29am
voting closed beans wins 4-3
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic