Forum LockedAudio Battle Archive: [BL4] Ch3kkgame vs Slip [Video] (3-0)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BL4] Ch3kkgame vs Slip [Video] (3-0)
    Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:16am
BLOODLINES IV Presents:
Video Battle
GRUDGE MATCH edition
(Also available on VHS)

Due Date: Monday July 31st, 11:59 pm EST

Rules: No Holds Barred

Time Limit: 3 Minutes.

Extensions or a Blind Drop will be accommodated if Cuba is PM'd 24 hours before deadline. 

Loser leaves for a month (Enforced by Staff w/ Suspension) 

best of luck.

Edited by Cuba - 30 July 2017 at 12:34am
#Bananas
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 1:26am

Edited by Cuba - 01 August 2017 at 7:50am
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 5:00am

I had over 6 minutes of material.

He stated that he wanted to be apart of something great. Well now he is. Take that month vacay nigga.

Edited by Cuba - 01 August 2017 at 7:52am
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 10:24am
ive seen both and can verify theyre up as of this posting.

can a mod open this for voting? thanks for posting up fellas. I really appreciate that shit.
#Bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 9:46pm
If you can post it, you can vote it homie...open for votes!!
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 9:36am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

well this was groovy. definitely could tell you two didnt like eachother.

kinda disappointed LA hasnt come out for this one yet - as it was my most anticipated. anywhom: lets get to it.

Slip: I thought some of your personals (if true) was a good use of NHB. I thought some of your other stuff really missed the mark (moms a fat brown cow). I felt when you went into his upbringing, was more the lane you shouldve stayed on. again, im only assuming this is true... but thats the kinda thing that gets the "ohhhhhh" reaction. like when charlie clips father being a snitch was brought to light.. but again.. I dont know how much of what you said is factual and ch3kk aint the type to dispute til after a battle... I did think one line in particular was a bit disappointing, but I get that yall dislike eachother and im sure he wouldve used the material as well. now heres my dilemma.. lets say for instance ch3kks mother had what you said occured to her.. extremely fucked up, and definitely meant to ruin ch3kks day.. but the manner in which you toss it out and then just breeze through it... if you had that kinda information, surely you had more. like I dont know anything about ch3kks upbringing.. but it was on you to paint that picture. thats what I mean with the missed mark stuff... you had an angle..but it was killed by the shamwow type remarks cause its like..this seems researched, but feels just thrown out for the fuck of it. overall tho. even with the sections I wasnt fond of. you had some real solid angles of attack.

ch3kk: I felt your delivery really shined through for this. I know folks love to label you mr flow and aggression, but I liked the controlled manner in which you approached this verse. I also felt that your content was geared more toward the person than the audience.. if you know what I mean? you definitely had the bars in this.. and some of the schemes were really nasty..in particular the cell phone joint and weight ones, real dope. but I was feeling the same as slips drop in a sense.. I didnt learn anything new about slip, maybe its because of the fact im familiar with the beef, certaintly not the starting point... but definitely middle to end for sure. when I seen this was NHB..I said oh shit... folks getting aired out. I figured you knew where this man worked.. the name of the las cat he got into a fistfight with... cause youtube can be a motherfucker. but my expectations dont have shit to do with what you present. and what you presented was a direct message in a way, like just you and slip and fuck if the audience is rocking or not.. which im the same way, so I definitely appreciate it.

overall, you both came for eachother. you both showed as you promised and you both deserve props for that and a thank you from LA.

I gotta give my vote to ch3kk tho, while I feel slip may have gone more personal.. I wasnt sure how much was true because of the mixed in outlandish statements. ch3kk stayed one course and I felt that made his verse more cohesive and believable.

again, legit.. thank you both for doing this.
#Bananas
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 11:31am

This is something I'd definitely be down to do, I like the aspect of video making it more like a real battle.

Slip: You started of really weak, with corny lines such as Brown cow and a shamwow towel, but then you started getting more personal, and your bars started hitting. You had a nice rhymescheme throughout and your flow was fairly consistent. As this progressed you got more aggressive and added more personals and punches and your rhymescheme got even better. However, on most of the punches and personals I was left to wonder if they were true or not. Chekk is extremely lowkey so I'd be surprised if you really managed to gain that kind of dirt on him, if so I wish you had gone into detail on that rather than the random generic joke bars. Overall not bad at all but definitely a lot to be desired in the way of punches, and I didn't hear any kind of clever wordplay  or metaphors which is something I look for in a battle

Chekk: You started off with poise which was a stark contrast to slip who was jumping around his room the whole video. At first you weren't really saying much either, but you were setting up the narrative for the diss. Your flow and rhymes were perfect throughout, and the use of wordplay and metaphors such as the plays on Alter Egos and Bars were absolutely genius and well executed. I didn't hear many personals however, I would've like to see more of those considering this is a pinkslip battle, but you were still very direct and I didn't feel that you had any corny or empty bars, each line you spit fit with the narrative of the verse. I would love to hear the other 3 minutes of material for sure.

Final verdict. While you both came at each other hard, one of you was more clever and consistent, and had more landing punches. Great job by both of you.

My votes goes to: Chekk
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 12:49am
2-0 in favour of Ch3kk, keep the votes coming Thumbs Up
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 4:53pm

LA's first video battle like...

Slip - off the bat I liked that you were trying to add a lot of personality into your approach, I think long term that's a good way to push yourself and progress but in terms of this battle I wasn't particularly a big fan of the "your momma is a big brown cow, bom-chikka-wow wow" material...it was just, nope.

Your material then got much better, but personally I felt it wasn't delivered in a way that really maximised the damage...partially down to the 'blink and you miss it' approach & partially down to the way your were delivering the verse. Like if you look at those live battles on the internet people are using pauses and building up there punchlines to deliver the hits in a way that does damage. I felt like you had good solid disses but they came off as glancing blows rather than hammerblows. I'd also like to see less of the "cup cakes" and "sweating" type stuff as that just didn't feel particularly hard hitting. 

I did feel like you got stronger as you built towards the end, could have been more aggressive in terms of the delivery but I did like the performance aspect of coming up close to the camera. I think if you'd mirrored that with some real aggression in your voice that could've been some real solid stuff. So overall, some real positives in there...I think the main two pieces of advice are think about how you construct your punchlines and try to match the delivery to your content. But all that said I do think you had a very good drop here, well researched, lots of angles of attack and better than a lot of other people could have done. Was a good introduction to the format on LA.

Ch3kk - off the bat you can tell you aren't one to be trifled with. Personally I thought you had a real presence, both through vocals and delivery but actual just physical presence and the hand movements. I think that gives you a real authority when you compare that with Slip who was giving it a much more animated performance. Loved that Alter Ego segment, very impressive. Generally I just felt like your material was more impactful, really dig the way you play with your schemes but you also have the confidence to leave your hits lingering for a second for the listener to absorb them in. Which I think just shows the level of composure you have. I think the only real gripes I have here are that you didn't come as personal & direct as Slip did...at least in terms of the content. That said, I felt you more than compensated for this with the way you delivered the material you did have. 

Overall I have this one going to Ch3kk...I just felt like he was the more polished competitor all round and dropped a diss that I felt was more direct and compelling. Big props to both of you though as I think Slip gave a very good account of himself here & I respect anyone who'd step up and do a video battle. I hope we see more of them.

Vote = Ch3kk
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 4:54pm
And that's a 3-0 KO. Slip gets a 1 month site ban.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic