Author
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blacksails
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:16pm
anybody watach this show? it looks sick was curious if its worth catching up
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:20pm
I couldn't get into. I could see why some people might like it though. It's like the who's who of bad English actors lol.
#bananas
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:36pm
Trailer looked decent and it has good ratings. Never even heard of it before you posted it though. 
Go my Minions!

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 10:20pm
I was interested as I'd read Treasure Island (which it's all based on) and first series was alright.

But it seems to be descending into typical "OMG NOZZZZ EVERYBODY IS GUNNA DIE!!"

Kinda hard to take serious when you effectively know who lives and the ultimate outcome. TBH I just get bored of tv shows when the lead characters are always in danger, but you know they'll be back next week. Fair enough a cliff hanger at the end of a series, but the end of every episode? It just ends up losing its appeal.

I've seen like one episode of series 3, not sure how much more I'll bother watching.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 10:22pm
damn, thats an upset
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Scotty32 Scotty32 wrote:

I was interested as I'd read Treasure Island (which it's all based on) and first series was alright.

But it seems to be descending into typical "OMG NOZZZZ EVERYBODY IS GUNNA DIE!!"

Kinda hard to take serious when you effectively know who lives and the ultimate outcome. TBH I just get bored of tv shows when the lead characters are always in danger, but you know they'll be back next week. Fair enough a cliff hanger at the end of a series, but the end of every episode? It just ends up losing its appeal.

I've seen like one episode of series 3, not sure how much more I'll bother watching.

From someone who hasn't read the book, would you think they would like it? 
Go my Minions!

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2016 at 8:17am
Tbh it doesn't matter if you've read the book or not. Which is basically about recovering long lost pirate treasure of Captin Flint. But there's only a handful of characters from the book, including Flint (who isn't directly in the book, but obviously mentioned) and Silver, the main antagonist of the book.

The first series started off well and you could see how events are established for the book. But it quickly drifts off the book and series 3's connection to the book is a few people have the same name as those in a book also about pirates.

I don't want to include to much as it might be spoilers, but at this point I'd say it's better if you don't read the book.

But I can't say if you'd enjoy it or not, but if you like pirates and full frontal nudity (both varieties), you may well like this.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2017 at 9:35pm
I recently finished watching the final series, anyone else seen it all?
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2017 at 9:36pm
how was it
Go my Minions!

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2017 at 9:39pm
It followed the trend from my previous post.

Having read the book, it made no sense. But forgetting the book (like the script writers clearly did), the last series was good.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2017 at 9:51pm
Forget all of these people, black sails was fucking dope. I liked that show a lot. I watched up until I caught up to live tv then fell off simply because I hate watching shit 1once a week. I've actually thought about catching up since there is a whole new season available on Netflix or Hulu that I haven't seen. I thought it was dope. I'm also not english, so their "bad" accents seemed fine to me
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2017 at 10:50pm
The show is fucking great. 
i wont spoil the show but scotty, you are wrong about everybody dies bs. 4th season is the last one and i just finished watching it yesterday. totally worth it. 

edit. just saw the post where you said you have watched it all
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic