Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brown Cigar
    Posted: 30 July 2017 at 7:36pm
Good day sir, what brings you back around these parts?
BROWNCIGAR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BROWNCIGAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 7:43pm
trying to elevate my game, took two years off. looking for a good site that don't have a lot of D riding, favor voting people on it, i use the letsbeef site, and its too tainted for my liking. i think i have good writing abilities, but a site like that don't help even if you write dope shit.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 7:46pm
We got you man...elevation is one of the biggest things we got going for us. 

You joined us at a good time, we got the Bloodlines event going on. You more of a battler or topical kind of guy?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BROWNCIGAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 7:54pm
battler, are guys high on the mutli rhyme, cap everything stuff? or is that not needed on this site
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 7:57pm
Not needed. Frowned upon tbh. I'd recommend taking a walk through the battlefield and checking things out

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BROWNCIGAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 8:00pm
can i post post a battle verse for you to pick apart for me, so i can get the idea of what to improve on? some will be capped because of the other site.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BROWNCIGAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 8:05pm

Got a WILLING NINE for KILLING TIME, nigga, you’re BIG BEN, and with the BIC PEN, get the QUICK WIN, a stab to the NECK, that’s a one SEC TIP-IN, get nutty on your peanuts gang, SWIFT HIT with the CLIP IN, leave you STRESSED with a bloody MESS, imma call you PIG PIN, slap your bitch with a round house DICK SPIN, till I SPLIT CHIN, mouth like a pussy, gotta get in where I FIT IN, hit you where you LIVIN, trailer PARKS in the DARK, aint the safest place to LIVE IN, bitch, my style’s poisonous, I name it MICHAEL BIVINS, and my two Glocks, bell and devo, nigga, that’s a NEW EDITION, penetrate your armor, open heart THROUGH bullet spray INCISION

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 8:30pm
Each to their own obviously but the general approach here is to try and attack our opponents directly...generally through personalised disses but also nameplays and wordplays that can only be about the opponent.

Structurally we got for a 1 line = 1 bar structure. Although confusingly, when talking about "line limits" within battles then "1 bar = 2 lines", which doesn't really make sense but we haven't bothered to challenge it and it's just way easier to state and agree battle limits in LINES

The best way to learn, as Nigs says is to take a look through the Battlefield but also the Text Battle Archive.

There's also a thread on the L.A. Magazine called The Bloodlines: Pulse...there's a section in there called WE WANT BLOOD with a load of disses that have very recently been written. These aren't battles obviously but they will give you a flavour of how people get at one another here.

Also, there's the Cypher Games board and on there is a DISS THE PERSON ABOVE YOU...it's worth dabbling in there to get a feel for things. Not always going to be the most experienced guys on there but I'd say it's a better way to get used to things than jumping straight into battles/call outs as you might catch a few Ls if you jump in too soon.

If you ain't that bothered about a battle record then once you have 20 posts you can battle but if you jump straight in you'll probably lose more than you win until you get used to things.

Any questions at any time just shout up and someone will help you out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BROWNCIGAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 8:33pm
thanks for your response, will check them out,
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 10:05pm
I'm positively engaging you. Welcome
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic