Author
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cage fans?
    Posted: 16 December 2016 at 7:36pm
I only got into him a few years ago, but he's definitely one of my favourites. All of his albums are significantly different from one another and a lot of people don't like 'Depart from Me' but I think for what it is, it's a dope album with some fire tracks. The fact that he's a fucked up guy that's led a fucked up life just adds to his music I think, adds a bit of depth knowing the brain it's coming from and what it's been through. Anyone else into him? What version of him do you like best?
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 8:37pm

Ahhh man

I haven't heard that name in close to 15 years. I use to listen to Cage and the Weathermen way back in the early 2000's when Def Jux was one of the premier labels in underground HipHop.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 8:41pm
^^^ this

Movies for the blinds my favourite. Agent orange is a classic.

#bananas
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 9:06pm
Yeah, Agent Orange for sure
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 9:11pm
I remember back in the limewire days I downloaded an 'unreleased Suge Knight diss' which turned out to just be Agent Orange. Didn't find out what it actually was till I got into Cage lol.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 9:42pm
Use to fuck wit cage heavy. You should peep cage and tame one aka leak bros album water world

1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 10:15pm
Ballad of worms- another classic.
#bananas
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 6:18pm
"what kind of god is this, give me the hottest bitch 
then take her life from her chest and left a pile of shit 
sloppy with a fork so Chris gotta feed 
Too numb to cum sometimes she piss while i eat her 
I tell her keep her head up
Even though i gotta hold it up for her and she seizures 
when she try to get up" 

"Like i wont have to go through hell again
Her skin like saran wrap barely hanging off her skeleton 
With each one of her ribs defined
my cribs designed 
To keep the light out 'coz she cant lift the blinds 
drifting behind, ill be out of friends soon 
Nobody visits the guy who keeps the body in the bedroom"

ughhhh . . . fucking crazy imagery 
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 6:20pm
I listened to cage back in the past. ¥ne song that always stuck by me, and which I still listen to regularly, is Shoot Frank. I got this soft spot with anything that contains depression or whatever and he did a really good job in that song. I'm not a huge fan of the chorus but the verses make up for it.
#Bananas

Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 7:46pm
Gonna have to check out the ones I've not heard like Shoot Frank. Ballad of Worms is a stomper of a track, one of his best. The song he sampled for the hook is good too. Follow the Bleeder is another good one, has a rock vibe but lyrically brilliant.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 8:06pm
All I know bout cage is he bottled celph titled back in the day lol. I never gave him a chance. I don't really vibe to the more basic old-school stuff
jerome1334 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerome1334 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 10:43pm
Good to see some cage fans! I wasn't really feeling his last album (Kill The Architect) but everything before is so dope.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic