Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Class act: Classics Nomination thread
    Posted: 09 January 2016 at 11:08am
Thread for nominating verses you think should be considered for classic status & brought into LA's Hall of Fame. When nominating please consider the criteria & state which criteria you feel it meets. The better quality of explanation to support this the more likely it is to be successful.

CLASSICS NOMINATION CRITERIA

Feel free to feedback any additional criteria you feel we've missed.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:14am
Took me a while to find this. Can you sticky this?
#Bananas

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2016 at 11:40am
ask you shall receive endeezee.1
#Bananas
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 10:50pm
Blood&Bondage: Gateway Drugs--by Neek

Reason: I think the "Blood & Bondage" series signifies a significant moment in the site's history. Perhaps not for the most positive of reasons, but one thing is for certain-- it got people talking. Some saw the series as disgusting, others simply viewed it as art, censorship was questioned and debated over, and beefs were started because of it; some of which are still brewing to this day.

In any case

Neek's contribution to B&B exemplified all the creativity and lyrical potential that the series possessed within it's core concept. More importantly he wrote it in a manner that allowed those not familiar with the source material to still fully grasp and understand what was happening in his version with absolute clarity. More concisely -- he made it uniquely his own.

And unique

That's exactly what it was. Read the story. I implore you guys to do so. And I promise after you do we'll all be able to agree on the fact it's a verse that's unlike anything we're use to seeing in the OM (on this site or any).

It's wildly original, masterfully worded, incredibly humorous, and insanely well written. From start to finish it grabs your attention and never let's it go.

There aren't many topicals I read I would give such high praise to, but this one...

Just read it!

Anyway, I'm nominating it for Classics.

Peace...
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 3:44pm
I would like to nominate Alicewonder - The Colour Gradient Of Past.

Reason: The way it's written it nothing short of amazing. It combines high level of lyricism with beautiful poetic metaphors and contain a lot of depth hidden behind subtle, yet abstract layers. She portrays a vivid story that sucks you in until the end and leaves you with questions.

That is all.
#Bananas

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 5:17pm
Sunrise Meditation...SELF ACTIVE..

Simply put...pure class.go read it for yourself then tell me I'm wrong.

Edited by Crimson Juice - 29 April 2016 at 5:24pm
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 6:04pm
Appreciate the nominations guys but could you check the nominations criteria thread and submit the category you are nominating against as well...

Although I can pretty much tell where the first two are angling at
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 6:50pm
My bad, Cuba. For Alice it's respect the technique and stand out.
#Bananas

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 11:17am
When are we gonna start the voting?
#Bananas

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 12:12pm
lol..I bet soon now you've made a prompt.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 8:50pm
Ah yes, I had forgotten about this...let me hit you up separately
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 4:36pm
Sammy's -- Warrior piece was all-time epic
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2017 at 12:03pm
Guys, I've been reflecting on this & I think what would be great is if we did a 'people's choice' hall of fame induction (similar to how we ran the yearly awards).

If people could take some time to nominate some verses over the next few weeks or so, I'll pull together a shortlist based on that, we'll have a poll and the winner will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I'll probably whack all the nominations onto the Spotlight board as well.

I was thinking that maybe we do this every 6 months. So we have 2 classics inducted via People's Choice every year from now. Obviously we'd review that to make sure it was still tough to get into classics.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2017 at 2:04pm
Go my Minions!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic