Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contenders - Rutter vs Ridley Squat [w14]
    Posted: 01 December 2016 at 1:23am
dUe Friday Midnight
#bananas
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 1:05am

A life of loss but your no serious writer, Facts strictly to add weight 
mate, ya schedule went from "squat on the thrown" to "sitting in last place"
#bananas
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 2:05am
When expo's don't float your boat at all, still using Quotes for those votes was notable
But it's cool ... cos what we've noticed overall, is nothing that u ever wrote was quotable
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 2:21pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

OK,i'll state now this tussle is going to be hard to call..

Rut's your bar was good on the whole from set up to punch,plus the personal
was well aimed also,I even liked the spin on words at the end squat/sitting,as
both are actions words which added some umph,you even had a good tempo/
vibe going off with the flow in the way of readability, which in turn also aided
and contributed to the concept,however,the concept was in the statementish
realm in my opinion,so that in itself took some sting away from the punch...

Rid's like Rut's you also had a good bar here,pretty much in the same vein as
Rut's,though I do believe it flowed better overall,it also had a simple approach
to it,but that only amplified and lifted this bar,it had a breezy feel about it,and
the punch/personal was present too,although subtle they did work here,plus
I liked the concept you had with them,they were directed well here,the other
thing you brought here was humour,which for me counts for a lot..

Overall I liked this rumble here,both did well with there offerings,but there has
to be a winner,which I found hard to decide,so I reread both bars twice each
and came up with this preference, and this does boil down to preference,my
vote goes to Rid's,here's why,the humour factor carried it for me,plus it didn't
feel so statement-ish,this could end up being a seesaw where votes are cast..

Vote..Ridley Squat....peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 3:06pm

Rut: This was a good put down and a fresh approach to the Squat nameplays. Can't really complain. It was really blunt, wasn't fancy, and relevant to what Ridley's been doing in the league.

Rid: Similar to Rut's context-wise trying to put him down for situations in the league. Bit of a backhander aswell which I like to see. I think the prominent rhymes added to the impact too.

Overall this was a really good battle and the punches were the kind I like to read the most. Both came direct, both were clear and both were personal and relevant. I think Ridley edged it in a few areas like technique but what matters most is the punch and while it was basic it was a straight put down on Rutter using a quote and turning it into an attack on his style as a writer. Good showing from both though but Ridley just got his nose ahead.

Vote - Ridley
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 11:26pm

Rutter- This was a pretty decent punch, but I felt the set up was stronger then the delivery...  This could have been an immaculate bar, but it just didn't hit hard enough to drop jaws, ya know... The flow was on point and word use was good, everything was well constructed the punch just didn't land like it should of, but overall an okay punchline, just wish you woud have executed this better..... 7/10

Ridley- Good punch, multies and flow were on point aswell.... I like how you added some humor to your punch which made for a better landing, nice set up and a good delivery....  Although I do feel this was a little basic nothing original, but the way you delivered it worked, and was enough to get the job done in this battle... 7.5/10

Overall-  This was a pretty close battle, what did it for me was the humor that Ridley displayed in delivering his....  This is a 1 bar battle so you got to make sure when you set up a punchline you got to deliver and land on point, I feel both competitors could have done better, but this was a good enjoyable read, looking forward to seeing better from you both next week.....
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 11:27pm
Sorry forgot to put my vote is for Ridley
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 2:34pm

Close battle this one
Both with a similar angle
But Ridley never was champ so Rutter that bar kinda fell off
Ridley to took advantage of the fact Rutter left him self wide open through his actions last week,
So for being more factual I gotta vote Ridley

Bob Barker View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 4-1-2
Form: WLWWNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bob Barker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 7:24pm

I thought Ridley's bar was very awkwardly worded. Seemed like a lot of unnecessary words piled into a pretty simply bar. 

When expo's don't float your boat at all

^^ is this a play on boat/rutter? Not bad if you're saying that expos don't help him win.

, still using Quotes for those votes was notable

^^ were the quotes used as expos? How does this tie to the beginning of this set-up?

But it's cool ... cos what we've noticed overall, 

^^ boat at all/overall I get the internal rhyme scheme, but it just seems forced, like you had to rhyme with the boat part of setup so you tossed a word that wasn't needed

is nothing that u ever wrote was quotable 

^^ Again I'm assuming he dropped some quotes somewhere that was uncouth. Either way for all the boat play (assumed) and internal rhymes, the punch just seemed very "oh... okay" to me. No real sting to it. "You aren't quotable" is probably one of the most played filler punches out there. 

Awkwardly worded, punch was meh and using quote and quotable in a two line battle was redundant. 

Rutter

A life of loss but your no serious writer, Facts strictly to add weight 
mate, ya schedule went from "squat on the thrown" to "sitting in last place"

I see the vote above saying Ridley wasn't the champ, but none the less I think this was more clever, better worded, and harder hitting than the other punch. I'd have to assume "life of loss" is relevant maybe to something he wrote which ties into a persona, if it wasn't a personal and was just there to be there it didn't add to the set-up could have been ditched. The name play in the punch was clean though and I dug it.

Vote - Rutter

X-centrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 13-9-0
Form: LWWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote X-centrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 3:57pm
Rutter - I've seen better from you...a lot better tbh. Still the squat and sitting in last place play was pretty Aaite.

Ridley squat - the set up was really weak...could have been worded better ...and also the punchline . Doesn't feel like Ur saying much and the " not one quotable " line is pretty simple and played out tbh.

Mvgt - Rutter ...for bringing more to the table .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic