Elevation Centre: Creating decent metaphors and story telling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DynamicHaste View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DynamicHaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating decent metaphors and story telling
    Posted: 01 November 2015 at 3:37pm

At the moment I think my weakest elements is creating decent metaphors and story telling. I wondered if anyone had any advice to give on these aspects ? I know with metaphors you describe something and say it was something else without using the words LIKE or AS. For example

''Her smell was my oxygen'' =  Simple Metaphor.

How does one create more complex metaphors ? The only one I can think of which might be more complex is Eminems Not afraid metaphor 'My demons are doing jumping jacks now = working out. 

Also if anyone knows any rappers who are dope on metaphors and story telling that they could share that would be awesome.
Senor Perfecto View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
1st Battle Winner! AM I 'ECK

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Text Rank: #6
Stats: 66-36-2
Form: WLWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Senor Perfecto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2015 at 3:41pm
Chino XL is the King of Metaphors...

On LA... check out some of Cuba/IceC's or Orion's old shit...

Adios...
DynamicHaste View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DynamicHaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2015 at 3:59pm
Really appreciate the post Perfecto. 

I'll listen to a couple CHINO XL albums and check the other ones

thanks again
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 12:42am
The two emcees that have helped me out most in terms of wordplay and metaphors are Chino XL and K-Rino

K-Rino also has the most incredible storytelling pieces of alltime IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic