Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Crew] Concrete vs The Law
    Posted: 26 February 2014 at 8:14pm
Crew battle between Concrete vs The Law for Tha Syndicate and Vis Maior, respectively.

16 lines
2 week deadline
First 5 (3-0 KO)
No crew votes
No flipping/feeding
No show is instant DQ, no trip to NML
Blind Drops - All verses must be PM'd to me

Lets keep the battles clean and limit the bitchin to just the linked thread for the crew battle.

Edited by Scotty32 - 27 February 2014 at 11:57am
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2014 at 8:43pm
Concrete

1. He complained about VMs Open Mics getting one-star ratings from anonymous haters. 
2. He hosted the Cash for Clash tournament. 
3. He tend to give his own battles\collabs 5 star ratings.. 
4. Dress to Kill lost to Arthur in the Cash for Clash final and the champ title belt with that. 
Vis Maior was accused of tampering in order to get Arthur to join VM. 
5. Vis member UNLM is known to post funny GIF-stories.
6. He is a tough mudder participant, they're called tough mudders. 
7. Basically all my opponents use some 'con' flip against me.
8. He was 'depression' in the VM collab '5 stages of grief' and has the invisible man as avatar.

low rating, remote haters? I'll openly say this: there's no freecards
then swing a steel bar real hard at a diva who finally get to see stars!
this retard is frowning, all jokes aside - who really think this clown wins?
he requested we 'Clash for Cash' so in this battle I'm gonna POUND him

dumbfounded, deprived of sense, jives up rates like some cry for help
an advice to take: it looks contrived as hell when you "high five" yourself!
resign that belt! reminiscing the finals, tricksters conspired, bitches in denial 
a vigorous titan came DRESSED to kill a rival, then Vis decided.. to STRIP his title!

Arts winning triumph? so you could sign him? how cruelly twisted by fools wishing
imagine the crew is wicked, but whatever skills you depicted, UN is the only truly GIFted!
my mood is gritty, I'll run your name through the dirt, you can't escape mockery
to explain properly, one punch send this 'though mudder' spinning like clay pottery!

flip my name properly? well, I can also pretend like that's never used before
so call me a fucking CON-stable at the job, cos I'm here to Execute The Law!
resolute raw like a knife blade of steel, sliced veins will ease '5 stages of grief'- use it
this battle abused him, and like his avatar is illusive.. he could't see himself through this!

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2014 at 8:44pm
The Law

Any punches you bring aren't scoring lands, all ya verses are boring fam

It's obvious that "Con verse has no heat" since D Wade left for the Jordan Brand

But the way I'm wit my verses… Syn must've wanted me to be Slaying him on Purpose

Cause Only took one bar to have Concrete Leveled when I lay him on the surface

Con is a shady man when he's spittin' , so it's no surprise if his answer is bitten

Thinking your Eminem, but known as "slim to none" like your chances of winning

^^Now that's how you handle a written… so stop ya bitching when we see you walking in panic

Cause even your crew is like.. "Con, Yo why you a pussy?" and they aren't talking in spanish

Stop it, Your damaged for repping with "syn" and got caught Scheming on the Wrong Demon

You never needed "Grind Time"… to see this con-seated, No response needed. 

This fiend thought he could, win?? NO!, This guy is insane cause every lines' a mistake

Your not High in a praise when your verses hold "no value" in the eyes of LA

He started following G-Unit, then blew through traffic so he's thinking his games so on

but this "Henchman" was always be behind the bars of the law before James Rosemond

So if his verse was close to ground-breaking, it's just dry as dirt and looking rocky

Cause the whole site knows my shit'll X-Crete quicker than the dead skin on bodies

Expo

Bar 1: Con verse/Converse. Dwade plays for the heat and left converse for jordan.

Bar 2: Self Explanatory

Bar 3: Shade/Eminem/Slim.. He's know as slim to nobody. Accused of biting off em. 

Bar 4: Conyo/Con, Yo. Conyo means cunt in spanish

Bar 5: Con-Seated/Conceited. Conceited is a grind time rapper

Bar 6: High in a praise/High in Appraise.. Appraise is the value of something. 

Originally posted by Concrete Concrete wrote:

So the moral of the story is: It's aye ok to do drugs, but if you're prone to addiction then don't overdo it or else you might find yourself reduced to a being that in the eyes of society has less value then animals. Remember that kidsThumbs Up

^ made this comment and then only got one feedback post and it's from his crew. The link is in verse. 

Bar 7: In his sig called himself the Henchman… Link in bar. G-unit/The Guys' unit. G-unit and Traffick plays go back to the link the bar as well. 

Bar 8: X Crete/Excrete.

Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 1:12am
Con: Opener: Real nice opener here bro nice internal rhymes and the set up was good with a nice punch to follow up
Bar 2: This started off good the punch promised to be dope but kind of fell off towards the end
Bar 3: Real good bar here Con crazy multis and the punch was dope as hell
Bar 4: Another good punch with a nice set up and used the recent "controversy" surrounding Arts win
Bar 5: More insane multis and another good punch
Bar 6: I wasn't a fan of this one after an excellent start this was a letdown and the typo (I assume you mean 'tough' not 'though'" was just a nail in the bars coffin
Bar 7: his was o.k nothing briliant just ok the self nameplay didn't really have much of an impact
Closer: it was a nice closer not spectacular and another typo a quick proof read would get rid of them but the bar is good a play on his avi but the punch is soft on impact

The Law: Opener: This was nice... a nice nameplay haven't seen CONverse used on him before. Nice and fresh
Bar 2: this was ok but the concept is kinda played mixed it up a bit but not enough of a new spin
Bar 3: This was Dope great personal great ref and dope punch
Bar 4: This was great sick wordplay and nice punch great job
Bar 5: This was great epic multis and the flow was unbelievable
Bar 6: another great bar dope set up and the punch was hilarious
Bar 7: it was ok the set up was great but kind of dropped of on the punch and "games so on" doesn't really rhyme with " James Rosemond" IMO
Closer: This was a nice nameplay punch was a nice little jab

Overall a real close battle Con surprised me with how dope his verse was and took Law real close he started offwith straight fire but kind of fell off towards the end of his verse but The Law stayed consistent throughout had a couple of wordin issues but nothing maior (major lol)

MVGT The Law
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 2:54pm
Con:

Dope opener Con, the inner was nice and helped the impact of the punchline - 4/5

Ok - 3/5

LOL, nice personal here. Law you given yourself 5 stars? lol - 4/5

resign that belt! reminiscing the finals, tricksters conspired, bitches in denial 
a vigorous titan came DRESSED to kill a rival, then Vis decided.. to STRIP his title!
Nice set up and punchline here, bringing a lot of personals - 3.5/5

Arts winning triumph? so you could sign him? how cruelly twisted by fools wishing
imagine the crew is wicked, but whatever skills you depicted, UN is the only truly GIFted!
Dope concept. Nice wording and flow pushed this punch to hit harder - 3.5/5

my mood is gritty, I'll run your name through the dirt, you can't escape mockery
to explain properly, one punch send this 'though mudder' spinning like clay pottery!
Oh nice angle here Con, good flow and set up -3.5/5

Nice -3.5/5

resolute raw like a knife blade of steel, sliced veins will ease '5 stages of grief'- use it
this battle abused him, and like his avatar is illusive.. he could't see himself through this!
Solid closer. - 3.5/5

Overall - 28.5

Law:

It's obvious that "Con verse has no heat" since D Wade left for the Jordan Brand

I liked the punch but the con-verse play is played. ok opener - 3/5

But the way I'm wit my verses… Syn must've wanted me to be Slaying him on Purpose

Decent punch, name play was ok - 3/5

Con is a shady man when he's spittin' , so it's no surprise if his answer is bitten

Cool personal - 3.5/5

^^Now that's how you handle a written… so stop ya bitching when we see you walking in panic

Cause even your crew is like.. "Con, Yo why you a pussy?" and they aren't talking in spanish

LOL funny shit! 3.5/5

Stop it, Your damaged for repping with "syn" and got caught Scheming on the Wrong Demon

This was ok, the nameplay is alright - 3/5

This fiend thought he could, win?? NO!, This guy is insane cause every lines' a mistake

Nice wording and punch - 3.5/5

He started following G-Unit, then blew through traffic so he's thinking his games so on

but this "Henchman" was always be behind the bars of the law before James Rosemond

Nice play here Law, good flow and punch - 3.5/5

So if his verse was close to ground-breaking, it's just dry as dirt and looking rocky

Cause the whole site knows my shit'll X-Crete quicker than the dead skin on bodies

Now thats some original nameplay- solid closer! 4/5

Overall - 27

This was another solid battle in this crew brawl ya'll are doing. Looks like everyone really is stepping up. Con your verse was dope and really kept the pressure on bar after bar. I was really impressed with your schemes and creative concepts. Good shit. Law you are a beast but this to me just fell short. Con upped him game BIG TIME and took this.

MVGT - Con

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 5:02pm
Concrete

Opener - was sick, set up and punch

Bar 2- felt this was your weakest bar in your verse

Bar 3- liked this good personal shit was funny, clownin him

Bar 4- this was hard personal. Thought this was great

Bar 5- felt you could have gone somewhere better with this. Maybe lose the Arthur shit and use it differently

Bar 6- I liked this. Set up was good punch an personal

Bar 7- this was cool nothing to hard here with the nameplay

Closer- loved it. Good shot off the depression personal.

Lawthur

Opener - was ok I feel the con shit is played but the punch was good

Bar 2- thought this was cool, nameplay and punch we're cool

Bar 3- thought this was a nice a personal

Bar 4- this was sick. Good shit

Bar 5- didn't like this could have been better

Bar 6-   Thought this was cool nice punch

Bar 7- nice personals. Here good hit

Closer was sick liked that shit

Overall this was close both had some nice bars I felt both had one weak bar each
This was close but concrete came hard here felt his punches were harder and clowned law more

Vote CON
A.Play View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 4-4-1
Form: LWLWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A.Play Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2014 at 6:46pm
Concrete-
Solid verse man. LOTS of personals and the flow was great. Your bars linked together well so I never felt interrupted while reading them. Your opener was nice. Good start to the rest of your verse. Flowed well with all your multis and the punch was clever. Next bar, just as clever and the punch was personal. Third bar, the concept was great and executed well. This bar hit hard imo. Fourth bar, awesome concept, with "dressed" and "strip" all while staying a good personal against Law. Fifth bar was alright. Not that hard of a punch but acceptable in a long bar format. Sixth bar I was not a fan of. Kinda weak compared to your other bars in regards to the punch but still a clever concept. Seventh bar, nice, new take on a played concept, throwing in your own name. Closer was pretty good. I wish the punch was harder to be your closer, but still a good concept and rhymed well.

Law-
Also a great verse. Clever as hell. Opener was pretty sweet in terms of the concept but not a hard punch. Good start though. Second bar, clever nameplay but I wish it was more personal. Third bar was much better, clever, rhymed well, and personal. I didn't think your fourth bar was great. Didn't keep up with the rest of your bars and didn't hit hard enough imo. Fifth bar, again good nameplay but wish it was more personal. Sixth bar, nice and personal and flowed really well. Seventh bar was alright. Concept was a bit too complex but still good. Closer, real clever but again, wish it was more personal to hit hard, especially for a closer.

Close one, but overall Con had harder punches and a more tightly wound verse

MVGT Concrete
2smooth View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 36-5-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2smooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2014 at 5:59am
Concrete
Opener was good... Wasn't in love with it like everyone else, as the 2nd line had too many syllables to match up perfectly to me, but the execution was decent
Pound play was cool, flow was on point, it hits
High five yourself was nice, good shit
Dtk bar didn't really land to me... Was directed more at his crew than him personally and the flow mismatched at the punchline. Idea was ok tho
Wasn't feeling the GIFted punch, cuz rhymes mismatched again and was too indirect
Clay pottery punch was nice, way to bounce back. Simple yet effective, solid flow
Execute the law was ok, seemed forced tho. Decent at best
Closer had sooooo much potential... Liked the idea a lot, and it hit but not anywhere near as hard as it could have

Overall, had a pretty decent verse... Even in places where the flow mismatched or was off the punches seemed to still land, even if soft, due to clever ideas and / or personals incorporated well. Good verse.

Law
Opener was just ok. Play was done well, regardless of him trying to lessen nameplays by saying you'll use them... I still liked the execution of the play and the punch. But the setup was too long and didn't flow right
Next bar was the exact same thing to me - a well executed play/ punch with poor wording in the setup that made it lose effectiveness to me
3rd bar was nice. Really good shot here
Talking in Spanish bar is decent
Next bar was nice, good shit
No value punch is there, solid
James rosemond bar was done well, effective punch but seemed a bit of a reach
Closer... The wordplay was nice, especially the setup as it was real natural... The flow mismatch in the punchline and the bit of forced play in the punchline too cost power here tho

Overall, another nice verse... Had some flow issues to me, but the plays were done well and personals incorporated seamlessly for the most part. Well done to you also.

Hmmm... This one more came down to who had more misses to me, as both had some quality punches. Good battle guys.

MVGT the law
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 1:57am
Concrete - literally the first verse I've ever read from you, very impressed. You had great ammo throughout the verse, but the best thing was that you used it all very effectively. You literally had a personal in every bar, and on top of it the gravy (wordplay, multies). My favourite bar had to be the tough mudder/clay pottery bar..shit was clever. The only bar I wasn't really fond of was the clash for the clash/pound play..I though it was a little simplistic but it was still a nice jab. Overall you brought a great showing, I thought that you were going to get run over by law but you dropped a dope verse..

Law - verse was nice bro, I loved the way you opened up.. The double play with the converse then adding the heat aspect was nice! I really thought that the second bar was a downfall, it just comes across as a first thought kind of play when it comes to concrete which was a letdown for me. I didn't think that your personals were as strong as concretes, you did get fairly personal though which I give you props for. The only problem was your opponent had more dirt and used it more effectively than you did, basically your plays didn't trump his personals.

This so far was the dopest battle ivd read yet and my vote goes to concrete for bringing the stronger personal element to the battle and for using his ammo in the most effective way

Vote/ Con

The original comeback kid
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2014 at 1:54pm
4-2 Con
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2014 at 11:30pm
But the way I'm wit my verses… Syn must've wanted me to be Slaying him on Purpose
"i get the idea but not really feeling the hit factor....nice rhyming though"

Con is a shady man when he's spittin' , so it's no surprise if his answer is bitten
"This was ok ..........not seeing it as a big hitter though"

"Funny I guess.........but going spanish here is a bit of a stretch too far imo and am just not feeling  the wording"

"Concept was nice ..Punchline needed a tweak to hit better"

This fiend thought he could, win?? NO!, This guy is insane cause every lines' a mistake
"I see what you tried here...........I cant see it working as a punch on Con though"

but this "Henchman" was always be behind the bars of the law before James Rosemond
"Awkward with this one .....Not feeling the way you done it "

"Never got this one down to come of as anything heavy hitting"

"You had some nice work here too Law but I got to be honest I was expecting more from you! Some great use of rhyming but just feel your punchline game needs some work to hit harder"

Close battle some highs and lows from both but I felt Con just came with a fresher approach both had quite a few misses but from the punches that did land i prefered Con's
Mvgt Concrete

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2014 at 11:31pm
"I liked this......Nice use of vocab on that punchline and a clever angle"

"Another fresh angle here... I liked the punch alot set up felt a bit forced to me though"

"dont know if this is true or not.......I dont thnk much of it either way"

"Nah you never got this right....It comes across awkward to me"

imagine the crew is wicked, but whatever skills you depicted, UN is the only truly GIFted!
"This does not really work as a punch on LAW as far as I can see!"

"No feeling this one..just dont think you got a punch from it"

"You done the extra work and just about got  hit off here with this"

resolute raw like a knife blade of steel, sliced veins will ease '5 stages of grief'- use it
this battle abused him, and like his avatar is illusive.. he could't see himself through this!
"Yeah I liked how you finished this off it was a dope idea"
"Good verse here Con.......just felt like there was a bit to much of a stretch going on here an there.........thats with delivery and concepts!............Still some nice original ways to punch at an opponent"

"You brought this all together nicely....I liked it"

But the way I'm wit my verses… Syn must've wanted me to be Slaying him on Purpose
"i get the idea but not really feeling the hit factor....nice rhyming though"

Con is a shady man when he's spittin' , so it's no surprise if his answer is bitten
"This was ok ..........not seeing it as a big hitter though"

"Funny  I guess.........but going spanish here is a bit of a stretch too far imo and am just not feeling  the wording"

"Concept was nice ..Punchline needed a tweak to hit better"

This fiend thought he could, win?? NO!, This guy is insane cause every lines' a mistake
"I see what you tried here...........I cant see it working as a punch on Con though"

but this "Henchman" was always be behind the bars of the law before James Rosemond
"Awkward with this one .....Not feeling the way you done it "

"Never got this one down to come of as anything heavy hitting"

"You had some nice work here too Law but I got to be honest I was expecting more from you! Some great use of rhyming but just feel your punchline game needs some work to hit harder"

Close battle some highs and lows from both but I felt Con just came with a fresher approach both had quite a few misses but from the punches that did land i prefered Con's
Mvgt Concrete

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2014 at 8:28pm
6-2 to Concrete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic