Forum LockedTournament Archive: Double Impact 2010 Bitchin..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 1:40am
@ I know what you mean about waiting around for people to pop up. But the way I feel is that I will ALWAYS need to elevate - it never stops. So if I'm ALWAYS gonna be elevating - I might get to a point where I'll stick for a while...then I'll start to get better again and keep brushing up.

I understand you don't feel like you have anything to "prove" - but do you not just wanna do it sometimes for the fun of it???. Cuz when it stops being fun, it starts to drag and when it starts to drag it gets to a point where it aint worthit no more.

I took A LONG time out of this "game" we call music - but always knew I'd come back to it one day when life was more positive. I don't feel like I'll ever give writing up and will hopefully still be doing it for the foreseeable future.

I just think there's a fine line between a passion, and a hobby that you're really good at
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 1:49am
I don't think I'm beyond elevation... I look back at some of my old shit at cringe... I experimented a lot on here just because I figured I'd try on for size all the different styles I saw people using... in the end I just stuck to what I liked

Fun is basically the factor... I didn't enjoy writing the kosmosis verse. I did it because I just wanted to get rid of him. I didn't know of course that right after I did that that there would then be a couple of tribute acts running around, but there you go...they come and go, very few are as bad as him, so hopefully I shouldn't have to resort to the same shit again any time soon

But I'm not gonna pack it in, because it might start being fun again, or might be fun to battle just this one guy, or whatever...and I don't wanna do the whole retirement/coming out of retirement fanfare bs...so I am where I am and if inspiration strikes me, I'll drop

I wrote 16 bars today... for no apparent reason. Was gonna drop them but am holding onto them for now and may add to them and then drop...we'll see
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 2:28am
It aint fun when you can predict the outcome - and with it being a negative one at that, like votes you had against you in yours and Kos battle that you didn't agree with.
Since I've been here, LA has drastically gone downhill as far as voting is concerned.
Am sayin - how are people supposed to elevate if they face a brick wall before they've even started to move forward???
With the exception of a few - none of the better writers seem to vote anymore unless it's one of the older LA members battling or dropping Opens. Or unless it's an Open against somebody they like and then it's all negative with NO positives.

Personally speaking, It means a lot to me when people like what I do! - and I reckon that if the older members integrated more instead of segregating themselves from the newer members - there wouldn't be so much e-hostility and LA would be a better site for it - of which I'm sure Scotty would be very appreciative of.

You and Cuba have given me positive feed on an audio I posted in the past, Stal has given me good feed on a few Opens ........... but other than that, none of the other older members have bothered to even bat an eyelid.

This aint about me though - not in the slightest. I'll do what I''l do and for every one person who likes my shit, they'll be a nex man who don't like my shit - thats how it is and that's what I expect.
But..........despite how corny it may seem to some - theres members on here who would benefit massively from a little feedback or the odd vote every once in a while.
I've been checkin this site for a few months now and have been paying very close attention to the politics and goings-on. And to me - it seems like more interaction and less grouping is going to be what saves this site from becoming an e-bitchfest so often.

And this isn't a sly dig at anyone specifically. It's a generalized opinion on the solution to the problems with this site
BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 3:22am
Manc - I think I have to disagree with you slightly. When we were the most active, this place was a segregated place to the max. I think the main difference was that aside from a few notable exceptions back then - there was some animosity, but there was a general respect just underneath all the bitching. I'm sure there's been some hate voting, but for the most part, it was the honor system and nobody really questioned many votes because it didn't seem like they were agenda motivated.

I would say that even now, open mic drops are met with unfair criticism if it's not from a crew member and a fair amount of glad-handing and slap-assing when it is just a fairly decent drop from a crew member. It's always gonna be like that to some extent, but it's so blatant these days in certain instances. I think BG got a bit of that when he first joined (though I will say he came off a little abrasive which probably didn't help him) and Orion gets it if he drops anything les than Nas' next album.

That's why I don't sweat when Nep drops a Renegade diss. We've been there before and he was even a member of Renegades back at the tail end of the "golden age". BG even mentioned something like that in his last drop, and it's true.

But I think that the formation of a new crew (Beast Unit), the new vitriol-filled motivation of an existing crew (New Era) and the reformation of THE crew (Renegades) are really starting to kick some life back into the rhyming portion of this site. I don't have much time or even motivation to write much more than a few lines just clowning, like in Nep's diss thread, but I can already see myself enjoying it more than I have in awhile...

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 3:26am
yeah bsd, all thats great and all, but how about you answer my private message now? thanks champ. 
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 3:29am
Well if thats how the other older members feel? Then what's happening lately must be whats got LA so much more active and lively again ...... but ......... there's still the issue of voting that can be frustrating. When I've looked back on some of the archived shit from back when, votes were frequent and timely - now it just seems like the bitching supercedes what this site was meant for.

Like I say - it may come down to my feelins' about voting and how/when its done.
But todays LA is far from being like the older LA I see in the archives.... and I challenge anyone to disagree. Is it better or worse though?
BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 3:29am
I did, your box is full. I'm resisting a mom joke to follow that, too by the way.

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:45am
It's worse, but so what, it happens
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:56am
I'd bitch on here and maybe hurt some feelings in the process, but i don't want anyone to get upset and then banned.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Manc Manc wrote:

Personally speaking, It means a lot to me when people like what I do! - and I reckon that if the older members integrated more instead of segregating themselves from the newer members - there wouldn't be so much e-hostility and LA would be a better site for it - of which I'm sure Scotty would be very appreciative of.

Personally, I would say its the new members who need to integrate with the old members.

The new members seem to act like LA didnt exist before they joined, it did, for many years. We have our own ways, and since your (general term!) joining an exising community, it would make sense to join it rather have them join you. get me?

Since all I ever see is "hes hatin on me" bullshit and the most amusing part is when the new members claim person A is on person B's dick, when people A and B had/have major beef.
(I guess since it happened before they joined, it never happened at all?)

And alot of the new members bring alot of the shit they get on to them selfs, I suspect that they enjoy being hated, as they push so hard for others to turn on them.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 1:13pm
Manc, straight up...I vote, comment on both open mic & audio drops, yet my last post in the open mic:

Zero feedback. That's the issue...why should I bother?

Open Mic drop before that (12 pages deep):

4 replies...2 from people I go way back with

But that's the way it is...

Lucky D View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 17-21-0
Form: WWLLLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 9:02pm
Okay I know this is not part of tha convo exsisting...but when does Round 2 start?
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Lucky D Lucky D wrote:

Okay I know this is not part of tha convo exsisting...but when does Round 2 start?
Good question...I'm ready for that
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Manc, straight up...I vote, comment on both open mic & audio drops, yet my last post in the open mic:

Zero feedback. That's the issue...why should I bother?

Open Mic drop before that (12 pages deep):

4 replies...2 from people I go way back with

But that's the way it is...

Cube - I can't remeber which thread or even which post it was now - but I gave YPU props for being one of the only "older" members who regularly votes and feeds (as you have on many of my shitz)

Actually - I think it was this thread I mentioned it in ...... but anyways, I was jus sayin
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 7:55pm
lol @ YPU .... Embarrassed
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Manc Manc wrote:

You and Cuba have given me positive feed on an audio I posted in the past, Stal has given me good feed on a few Opens ........... but other than that, none of the other older members have bothered to even bat an eyelid.

^^^^ It was THIS thread then as I thought
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 12:45pm
Remember, verses in today boys, girls and Big Game.
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 1:37am
When are the verses up?

(said in a bitchy way to keep with the thread)
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 1:39am
mines in.
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 2:03pm
Verse will be up when Stalin can be arsed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic