Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK - Lost Time
    Posted: 26 July 2017 at 2:36am
Finished this track and would appreciate any feed!

https://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-lost-time
The original comeback kid
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 5:32am
Hey DTK This was hella dope fool ... You had emotion behind your voice catchy with that cool absratct type feel definitely did well chanelli g the atmospheric story telling style I think in the middle you waivered s little bit from character but it was barley. Noticable super dope liked this
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 11:33am
Thanks a lot Ash I really appreciate that, nice to see you around to
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 8:25pm
I will make the same offer that I made before. If you drop me some feed leave a link for one of your pieces you want fed and I'll leave some in depth feed
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 8:58pm
man i love that opener. The flow you chose and delivery was defo a fitting for this. I think you getting better bruh. One thing is that you still sound like you are reading a few lines instead of memorizing them. After each pause there is this pause. its slighty to long but still not bad. Your content was dope in this. Came off underground.

Good shit.
TURTLE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-17-1
Form: WNWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TURTLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 9:19pm
Wadup man. Been awhile since iv heard anything from you. Not because you havent been dropping but because i was dormant for soooo long. None the less. I can see a drastic improvment from the last time i was active. Very enjoyable to listen to man for sure!!

''STYLEZ''
<ce
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 1:59pm
Thanks both I appreciate the feedback
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 3:24pm
This was nice track DTK. 

I dug the emotion in your delivery. You have a good voice on a beat which is definitely a bonus. It's hard to really come by that. I feel like many including myself have to make up for that aspect in other areas. The skit around the 1.40 mark was dope, nice little add on that meshed with the track nice right into the final verse. Lyrics were nice overall as well. Definitely something I can rock with. 

On the critique, I am not really an audio head and don't know too much about the production and how to improve on things. I did think there was something missing, just a little something to push this from being a 'nice track' to a damn thats a 'dope track' level. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by The Law The Law wrote:

This was nice track DTK. 

I dug the emotion in your delivery. You have a good voice on a beat which is definitely a bonus. It's hard to really come by that. I feel like many including myself have to make up for that aspect in other areas. The skit around the 1.40 mark was dope, nice little add on that meshed with the track nice right into the final verse. Lyrics were nice overall as well. Definitely something I can rock with. 

On the critique, I am not really an audio head and don't know too much about the production and how to improve on things. I did think there was something missing, just a little something to push this from being a 'nice track' to a damn thats a 'dope track' level. 

Thanks Law as per producing I am self taught and learn more every track I do so I'll keep working on it. Btw drop a piece so I can feed it
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:32pm
The tempo, flow and the number of syllables per line makes it sound as if the first verse was already written when you decided to rap it to the beat. Doesn't sound like you wrote it for the beat. In the second verse fits much better. Overall, this was a cool, emotional track that could benefit from a first verse rewrite for flow, and maybe some rehearsal time before recording to time syllable placement and pauses better.
Insert something rappy here
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:51pm
Thanks Jehu and I tried to have a more relaxed storytelling feel in the first verse then stepped up the intensity in the second. After a couple listens I definitely see some spots that could be cleaned up cadence wise though, thanks for the feed
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 12:03am
aye bro this was tight. Only critique from me would be 1. Turn the beat up a tiny bit and slow your flow a little bit on some parts you got a bit ahead of the beat. i love the emotion in this, it's not quite what you would expect from the lyrics but I like how you did it with the aggression it really drives home the emotion of the story. Love the last few bars those were cold. i dig it bro.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic