Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK - What were living for
    Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:32pm

check out my track no time to waste, its not edited because I am just learning Cubase but I put the verse down to get famiiarized. Lmk what you think, any critisism is appreciated

cheers

Edited by Rutter knows best - 23 May 2017 at 12:09am
The original comeback kid
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:36pm
bad link, you didnt take out the http

just copy the url, paste it in here, and put [soundcloud] tags around it
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

bad link, you didnt take out the http

just copy the url, paste it in here, and put [soundcloud] tags around it

I fixed the link but I have no idea how to embed this shit lol, sorryLOL
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:09pm
o.k. so for an honest review. . you have skills my man. Bars are good, flow is crisp when your in the pocket, your delivery is cool and your presence is nice. You have a good voice for audio and you have good energy. 

there is a few problems though, like i said, flow is good when your in the pocket, but you dont always stay inside the pocket. Theres a few areas where the timing is a bit off . . like you either snap into the bar measure a beat early, or you leave it too late before moving into the next line. Its not that this needs a large amount of adjustment, but just some obvious mis steps worth pointing out 

The biggest thing is though. . i actually listened to all 3 tracks on your sound cloud page and im wondering why all the vocals are panned to one side? Like, i can only hear the vocals in one speaker. Is that intentional? 
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

o.k. so for an honest review. . you have skills my man. Bars are good, flow is crisp when your in the pocket, your delivery is cool and your presence is nice. You have a good voice for audio and you have good energy. 

there is a few problems though, like i said, flow is good when your in the pocket, but you dont always stay inside the pocket. Theres a few areas where the timing is a bit off . . like you either snap into the bar measure a beat early, or you leave it too late before moving into the next line. Its not that this needs a large amount of adjustment, but just some obvious mis steps worth pointing out 

The biggest thing is though. . i actually listened to all 3 tracks on your sound cloud page and im wondering why all the vocals are panned to one side? Like, i can only hear the vocals in one speaker. Is that intentional? 

Nah bro I cannot explain to you why my vocals are only on one side it fucking drives me nuts. I wonder if it's because my beats don't have a left and right input and just had a single. As for the feed I certainly agree with you and appreciate it

Edit : I fixed it, when I mix down the final track it has to be mixed in mono since I'm only using the one mic.  I updated the file now should play in both headphones

Edited by DressToKill - 22 May 2017 at 11:51pm
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

http://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-no-time-to-waste

check out my track no time to waste, its not edited because I am just learning Cubase but I put the verse down to get famiiarized. Lmk what you think, any critisism is appreciated

cheers

unfourtunately when i updated the new file i had to delete the original and kill the link in the first post!

Sorry about the technical dificulties, I included the good link in the quote above

Edited by DressToKill - 23 May 2017 at 12:08am
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:34am
Now the new upload is fucked...this is fucking frustrating. Not sure why it killed my quality
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic