Author
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 8:49am
Ok, first I wanna congratulate both of you for making the final.

DTK - Your verse was nice. I really like the Hot 30 line and for some reason the Woods making paper line had me laughing more than expected. You dropped some solid lines but at times the rhyming was basic. Some bars flopped like that Jungle/Lion thing. Good verse overall.

Woods - Unfortunatly Woods your success was your greatest downfall. After the Semi I, and I know alot of other people, were expecting very big things from you. You dropped a good verse but it wasn't touching the viciousness of last round. You went in so hard this verse just felt abit tame, even though you had some good lines about the girlfriend thing I think you could have maybe flipped them into soul destroying shit. With that said I still think your improving and gettng to the final is a massive achievement in itself, will be looking out for more from you.

Vote - DTK
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:54am
Closest final ever, shame it's for all the wrong reasons haha
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 10:00am
Hahaha... man...na I won't even say it, it would be seen as swaying
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 12:31pm
This wasn't exactly the greatest battle I've ever seen and there were positives and negatives on both sides...

DTK - You brought an average verse, you had a couple of decent punches in there but they weren't exactly the most intricate, lines like "hot 30", "green with envy", "confused with a pussy", and to an extent "exposing his tricks", "childs play", and "outcome positive" were the best punchlines you had in there...your problem with this lines is that they all had a fault that held them back. For instance, green with envy would have been a dope punch...if he still wrote in green...hot 30 was a decent wordplay but not the greatest diss ever, exposing his tricks had the same problem only it wasn't as sharp...child's play was a nice idea but couldn't been worded better to hit harder...

Apart from that you verse didn't have a lot...I've picked out 6punchlines where you basically have 15attempts, and you didn't produce a "ohhhhhhhhh" line or two that would have made up for the consistancy of your punches...I think you had more than 6punchlines in there obviously, I'm just talking about the lack of stand-out ones...

Style-wise it was run of the mill really, nothing about your wordplay, imagery, rhyme scheme, multi-syllabics that amazed me...at absolutely no point did I think to myself "the flow there was savage", I don't generally rate verses but I'd probably have this at like 5/10...verging on lower because this is a tourny final verse and you should step your game up for that...

Woods - In my opinion you also brought an average verse...I think you had a classic example where you relied on the explanations before your verse to add further credance to your hardest punchlines...in my humble opinion if you aren't able to get across the explanation in a well-worded punchline that in itself should tell the whole story...if you feel the need to make an explanation (unless it is concept related on a wordplay/metaphor) because it enhances your punchline...then you should reword the line to enhance the punchline Confused...for instance you referenced that his girl cheated on him and he cried, is there any need to do that? If you are going to diss him for that then make it more clear in your verse...I personally think both punchlines you made out of that were wack, you should have dissed him for acting like a bitch rather than having a personal problem...

That said, you had a lot more polished punchline concepts than DTK and you managed to connect a lot more directly with your attacks...though I also though a lot of the information you used to back your punches up with was old news, films your referenced were old, lil kim shit is old, lohan shit is old (though Lohan was the best punch of the battle)...so you lost points for me there, though I guess you were doing nameplays so you got a couple points back for that spin on it...you demonstrated you knew how to punch better than DTK but you were kind of sloppy to the extent that you didn't put this beyond doubt but you had enough solid hits in there to take it

Soooooooooooooooo in conclusion, Woods edged it coz of his more solid punches...I would give Woods a low to middlin 6/10 whilst DTK got a low to middling 5/10, I think Woods could have easily made his verse a 7/10 with a bit more focus but nevertheless he still did enough to win this...

Vote = Woods
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 2:39pm
4-4

*yawn*
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 4:48pm
Not my fault that someone decided to make it first to five...ludicrous
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 6:16pm
Can the final vote be by an experienced member and be a good breakdown?hopefully that isnt asking for to much
The original comeback kid
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:43pm
Dress- I was thinking that the opener was maaaad played but you used a played concept that me and point both have used and did something different with it and it ended up being a pretty nice opener...Daughter of his hero was cool but I think you could've reworded it to be more aggressive...3rd bar should've been reworked more..the punchline is awkward but it was a great idea..4th bar was a good punch..Negative/positive punch was nice, The green with envy punch was a miss and probably should've been either taken out or reworked considering he doesn't post in green...The Rameez punch could've been killer but you did nothing with it...Wood confused with a pussy was cool..Pissa was a very nice idea but i don't know, doesn't seem like it was worked the best way....Lyin bar was terribly played...Woods is a gangsta could've been a lot better and really tight but it was still a nice bar...lol @ MagicMark, was cool...Milf was pretty tight..Woods making paper was dope too, my fav. bar...Closer could've been really tight but i think you should've reworded it...Overall- You had lots of dope ideas but you really only had a couple of dope punches...The "woods making paper" and the "milf" bar are the only dope punches that come to mind after reading it...Pissa, Woods is a gangsta, magicmark, rameez, sporting aviators, and the daughter of his hero could've been tight but they were either worded awkwardly or just didn't come off hard enough...This verse was dope in terms of ideas but only came out average as most of them didn't come out hard enough and left the verse with a couple of tight and rememberable lines...Plus, out of you two i would expect you to have the better multis and flow but they were surprisingly lacking IMO...Props tho, on making it this far, just a executed idea or two from winning...

Woods- Opener was nice, 2nd bar was solid again too...the 3rd bar was meh, 4th bar was meh again and really you should've either spread these bars out elsewhere or used some of them as a set up instead of having your first 3 out of 4 bars about one concept...Samson bar was very cool...Holes in dress was very tight...Country for old men was dope too...Bride play was pretty bad but it was a great idea, you just needed to reword it...Lindsay bar killed it...40 days and 40 nights play was alright, i liked it but it wasn't as hard as the country for old men...Lil' Kim was tight as hell but the setup didn't rhyme to well to me...Football play bar was a good risk that ended up being a terrible crash lol..."dope people leavin" was alright, not that great tho...Closer could've been dope but needed to be reworked/reworded..Funny both of you used a play using each other's "idol" lmao...Anyway, your verse was very down and up...You started off pretty slow as it was repetitive and not too hard..But you had some killer bars in the middle with "holes in dress" and "lindsay" and even Country for old men...Lil kim was dope too...Then you fell off a bit with the football play and the last two bars...I thought your verse ended up being average like Dress' considering you had a couple hot bars but a majority of them weren't used to their potential...

Overall- Both had misses and bars that needed to be reworded or reworked more aggressively...Both also had only a couple of tight bars, with dress it was Milf, and making paper while for woods it was Lindsay, Holes in Dress...But i think Woods hits were much harder and got him this win...Woods had the bar of the battle(MTV, Lindsay) and had the harder hits when he landed...It was very close but Woods nicked it cause he connected more/and more strongly with his personals...Nice battle tho...Good job Dress, and Congrats to Woods

V/Woods

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 6:19pm
Appreciated UNLM..Grats Woods
The original comeback kid
Bolo View Drop Down