Emcee Lounge : Flame's Murder My Beats Challenge (Cash Prize)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DjFlame2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DjFlame2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flame's Murder My Beats Challenge (Cash Prize)
    Posted: 19 September 2019 at 7:28pm
If Absolute doesn't hit my line by next week when the mag goes up, and we can't find no one else, then we'll just give someone a bye. Fuck it.

Some easy listening while you read:

Flame's "Murder my Beats" Challenge

Rules

This is an eight man, single elimination tournament. Seeds are picked randomly via Challonge. A pool of beats were predetermined for each round, and will be assigned via Random Number Generator. All the beats are produced by myself, and can be trap, boom-bap or lo-fi, so versatility will be vital. 

There are no set topics for the participants' songs, but it is strongly advised that they do not plan on dissing their opponents. Not all beats will be optimal for diss tracks, and that could cost a competitor votes in the long run. All tracks in the contest will be between two and three minutes long; there will be a "spot" for hooks, but it's fully up to the rappers to decide whether they want a hook. 

The thread for each battle will open on Monday, and the competitors have a week and a half to email me their verses. I know this isn't ideal, but I still have newbie status on this account. The best way to send me your tracks is via private soundcloud links, which will be made public once each verse was received. Unfoortunately, I was banned for dropping Endgame spoilers as a joke, and I can't retrieve my old account. So get at my email. I don't have private messaging privileges. The verses will be posted by me on Thursday, and voting will occur on the weekend.

I guarantee we can get enough votes to close a battle in a weekend. If we can't, I'll cast the deciding vote on Sunday nights. Best of three will be the minimum for voting. One thing I do ask that voters do is to not place heavy emphasis on mixing quality/vocals. The best rapper should win, not the best guy at mixing vocals. If you don't know how to mix or you are unable, I will mix your vocals for you.

A participant will be alerted if their opponent says they're going to no-show, but if they don't let me know then they'll just have to send a verse in.

The prize will be 100USD in Bitcoin. If you win and do not know how to use Bitcoin, you can make a free wallet via Coinbase. After selling the BTC on the exchange, you can transfer the money to a debit account or bank.

A short magazine will drop soon, followed by the battle threads. Post here if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Good luck to everyone involved.

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 7:49pm
You know i'm looking forward to this tourney, and rest assured i will do my
part in voting...Serious props DJ..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 1:16am
cant wait..

btw, for the record.. if there is a bye.. I want to withdrawl my name from potentially receiving it.

this will be dope
#Bananas
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 1:48am
Count me in
I can only fall off in space...
DjFlame2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DjFlame2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 5:06am
Alright, word. Now that we have eight, there will be no bye. The mag will go up shortly. Brackets will be released then. 
DjFlame2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DjFlame2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 6:23am
Also I have an inbox now so y'all can pm me the verses
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 11:02am
Word
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic