Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:44am
stop putting Americans all in one group and labeling us....its a real bad look for you endeav

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:45am
Nah, you're getting me wrong. Never meant to insult you or anyone else or something like that bro.
#Bananas

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:46am
you did it a few times already man lol...you keep saying it not me...but to each their own

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:50am
My bad. It's all love, though!
#Bananas

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 5:07pm
Just had to resurrect this thread after stumbling on it. 

The problem is simple. Guns are the boogie man in these mass shooting situations because the Left knows the real issue is mental health but have no clue how to combat it. In their minds, its easier to take guns away, then fight the true problem. 

Also, people who call AR's, AK's and other scary looking guns "assault rifles" are obviously not educated enough on guns to debate the points of what type of guns or magazine capacities we should be allowed to own. 

In fact i have found that most anti-gunners know nothing about guns in general. 

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 1:23am
In the UK we barely have any guns and barely have any shootings. how do you explain that?
#bananas
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Rutter knows best Rutter knows best wrote:

In the UK we barely have any guns and barely have any shootings. how do you explain that?

simple. barely have guns = less gun crime 

but at no point did you guys ever have 3.5 billion guns in circulation or a Constitutionally protected right to own them. 

I LITERALLY knew how to load, fire, and clean a firearm before i knew how to peddle a bike, stand up on roller skates, or wash and fold my own laundry. 

you have to accept that in America, taking guns from people is an absolute impossibility. If you think gun violence is bad now, come try to take our guns. Seriously, it will be the bloodiest civil war this planet has ever witnessed. 

The only way to combat gun violence in America is to attack the root of the cause. 

I have 14 guns sitting in the closet next to me. Everything from .22 caliber single action revolvers to AK's, AR's and .308  battle rifles. None of them ever pointed itself at anyone and pulled its own trigger. 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 3:14am
How does anything you said offer any help or offer any solution to what is the problem of gun crime or prevention of terrorist shootings?
#bananas
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 3:23am

How does anything you said offer any help or offer any solution to what is the problem of gun crime or prevention of terrorist shootings?

my reply was a direct answer to the question "In the UK we barely have any guns and barely have any shootings. how do you explain that?"

so now, if you are asking me how to reduce and help prevent gun crime. . its simple

more access to mental health facilities, education, harsher penalties for gun related crime, and low cost firearm safety courses.  

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 3:37am

simple. barely have guns = less gun crime. That was your answer. So you are aware that less guns means less gun crime.

So It doesn't make sense why you wouldnt want tighter restrictions.
#bananas
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 3:51am

simple. barely have guns = less gun crime. That was your answer. So you are aware that less guns means less gun crime.

So It doesn't make sense why you wouldnt want tighter restrictions.

because in THIS country, gun related crimes are higher in areas where there are tighter gun restrictions then areas where gun carry is possible. 

So after you take all the guns, you can say "hey guys gun crimes are down" 

but when knife attacks go up 120% are you going to start regulating kitchen knives? 

thats the point. its stupid to make the guns the culprit. There is a moral compass that tell us its wrong to kill. People who are willing to go shoot up random people obviously are sick in the head and live far outside of those moral boundaries. And the innocent people should have an equalizer available to protect themselves against lunatics like that. 

In Australia violent crime went up 60% after the gun buyback program. Im sure a few of those rape and burglary victims wish they had a gun in reach at the time the crime was being committed. 
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 8:58am
Hmm,I work with ppl who have issues in mental health and learning disability,and
I feel it's wrong to pin blame on any group of ppl,what is needed is tougher Control,
its obvious America has a right to bare arms,the gun is inbeded in their lives,if America
is to rid itself of guns,all American have to be on board,and yes ppl will use other things
to replace gun's,ie knives clubs etc etc,but if I had a choice of being shot or stabbed,
guess which one would be my preference?,I do agree gun courses would be a step in
the right direction,as by seeing the need you also recognise the problem,and even
if America was to ban the gun laws,the black market would flourish, and guns would still be plentyful,and let's not forget here, ppl are the problem really not the gun itself
and that ain't no easy fix..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 11:13am
The mentally ill thing is the smokescreen not the guns. Guns were made for killing, and the easier you make it to kill some one the more killing there will be.

What other countries have the right to bear arms? It's like negotiating with an autistic child. Where you accept its special needs while the rest of the children function by the same rules.

Real change takes years. getting the gun take down safely could take decades but you have to start somewhere. You chip away and chip away slowly but surely and eventually this generation will die out. With each generation there will be less guns and it will be less and less of a part of the culture and start to become part of the history instead.

You still had slaves 150 years ago and people said the same stuff when they said" if they try take our slaves away it will be the bloodiest civil war ever" , you managed it though even if at the time people said it wasn't possible. Black people didn't become equal over night it was a painstakingly gradual process in which some still are abused for their race. Same with guns it'll be gradual and there will always those who abuse it but a lot less people are the victims of it.

#bananas
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 6:44pm

The mentally ill thing is the smokescreen not the guns. Guns were made for killing, and the easier you make it to kill some one the more killing there will be.

What other countries have the right to bear arms? It's like negotiating with an autistic child. Where you accept its special needs while the rest of the children function by the same rules.

Real change takes years. getting the gun take down safely could take decades but you have to start somewhere. You chip away and chip away slowly but surely and eventually this generation will die out. With each generation there will be less guns and it will be less and less of a part of the culture and start to become part of the history instead.

You still had slaves 150 years ago and people said the same stuff when they said" if they try take our slaves away it will be the bloodiest civil war ever" , you managed it though even if at the time people said it wasn't possible. Black people didn't become equal over night it was a painstakingly gradual process in which some still are abused for their race. Same with guns it'll be gradual and there will always those who abuse it but a lot less people are the victims of it.

I'll shoot you square in the face!
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 9:00pm
No shit, less guns = less gun crimes, but it also = a spike in other crimes. Example... there would be a shit tone more people killed by knives if guns were taken away. I thought I read somewhere U.K. Has like 250 ppl killed by knives a week. If that figure is correct, that's 13k a year, as apprised to a quick look said 1500 in us a year by knives.

I support the right to bare arms. Matter of fact I have 5 firearms and I truthfully feel like I need at least 5 more, if not more like 10 more. I'd like to keep one in each car, eachbedroom, plus one in living room and kitchen, and two more for my wife and myself to be able to carry. Plus I'd like to have at least 1 shotgun in the house, 1 assault rifle, and a few hunting rifles.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

I'll shoot you square in the face!

Fire twice to be sure
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 10:20pm
It's like you enjoy the fact that there are a ridiculous amount of murders, police shootings, mass shootings.

You deal in hypertheticals too much when in reality a lot of people die who wouldn't otherwise.

All I seem to hear is reasons not to take away or make it harder to get guns, I never here or see anything done to try and fix anything but that how ya'll roll each man for themselves.
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 11:09pm
We used to have guns in the UK then we heavily licenced them and restricted/controlled them and shootings have gone down significantly. We also have superbly trained armed response units who can react literally within minutes in most urban populations. There is a gang related gun problem but in relative context it's not a big issue. In part that's in response to the removal of the "education" type programs they used to do in the 90s/00s in areas/communities where there were gun related issues.

In other words, in this country we have demonstrated that you can tackle gun crime through a concerted effort.

In America there seems to me to be 2 distinct issues that makes it more difficult...

1) "the right to bear arms" has been politicised and is interpreted almost as part of a universal human right. It isn't. Clearly, politically, I don't agree with owning weapons but I do understand that it's an important part of American history with the militias in the civil war.

At the same time, I don't think that gives citizens the right to own military grade assault rifles and stockpile as much ammunition as you like. Which is clearly one half of the issue when it comes to these horrific acts of mass murder that routinely occur.

2) there seems to be a subculture of mass murder/suicide that you rarely see at all in other countries, and even when you do see it there is of significantly less regularity...even when you normalize for the size of population. In one regard Rhet is right, you take away the guns you don't necessarily take away this half of the equation. But equally, if access to high powered, battlefield weaponry and ammunition was significantly more controlled then you would at the very least restrict fatalities and my personal belief is you would also reduce the instances of the acts in the longer term as I do think the two things are interlinked.

Bottom line, it's a completely solvable issue for me...lots of countries in the world have mental health issues. In no other country in the world does that mental health issue manifest itself in anywhere as nearly as many acts of murder suicide or anywhere near as many fatalities per person. Therefore it's both a policy issue and a political attitude issue.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 2:37am

It's like you enjoy the fact that there are a ridiculous amount of murders, police shootings, mass shootings.

You deal in hypertheticals too much when in reality a lot of people die who wouldn't otherwise.

All I seem to hear is reasons not to take away or make it harder to get guns, I never here or see anything done to try and fix anything but that how ya'll roll each man for themselves.

so, just curious. Do you know anything about the current process of purchasing a firearm in the US?

Edited by Rutter knows best - 26 February 2017 at 11:06am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

We used to have guns in the UK then we heavily licenced them and restricted/controlled them and shootings have gone down significantly. We also have superbly trained armed response units who can react literally within minutes in most urban populations. There is a gang related gun problem but in relative context it's not a big issue. In part that's in response to the removal of the "education" type programs they used to do in the 90s/00s in areas/communities where there were gun related issues.

In other words, in this country we have demonstrated that you can tackle gun crime through a concerted effort.

your country never had close to 3.5 billion guns in circulation. I think outsiders really underestimate just how many guns that actually is. You can ban them, but you will never take them all.

Quote 1) "the right to bear arms" has been politicised and is interpreted almost as part of a universal human right. It isn't. Clearly, politically, I don't agree with owning weapons but I do understand that it's an important part of American history with the militias in the civil war.

spot on. I can say if you ask most Americans, we wont really care about anyone's opinion on us owning weapons because its Constitutionally protected. Its peoples right to own them, or not own them. 

Quote At the same time, I don't think that gives citizens the right to own military grade assault rifles and stockpile as much ammunition as you like. Which is clearly one half of the issue when it comes to these horrific acts of mass murder that routinely occur.

see, these are the misconceptions, and im sorry Cuba, but this is where the left has gotten into your ear. 

A) they are not assault rifles. This is a term the left coined to demonize semi automatic rifles. Assault rifles are not available to the public in the US. Well, they are, but they require heavy background checks, approval from local and state law enforcement officials, and quite expensive tax stamps.

B) guns dont work without Ammo. Why is it a problem for me to have 1,0000 rounds of ammunition for recreational shooting at the range when i can only fill up one magazine at a time? 

C) Mass murders do not happen routinely. They are far and few in between and not even always carried out with "assault rifles". Hand guns are used in most gun related homicides. Yet, for whatever reason, its the AR-15 that gets attacked by the media and the left 

Quote 2) there seems to be a subculture of mass murder/suicide that you rarely see at all in other countries, and even when you do see it there is of significantly less regularity...even when you normalize for the size of population. In one regard Rhet is right, you take away the guns you don't necessarily take away this half of the equation. But equally, if access to high powered, battlefield weaponry and ammunition was significantly more controlled then you would at the very least restrict fatalities and my personal belief is you would also reduce the instances of the acts in the longer term as I do think the two things are interlinked.

people dont commit suicide with high powered weapons. 

Quote Bottom line, it's a completely solvable issue for me...lots of countries in the world have mental health issues. In no other country in the world does that mental health issue manifest itself in anywhere as nearly as many acts of murder suicide or anywhere near as many fatalities per person. Therefore it's both a policy issue and a political attitude issue.

taking the guns is not a solution. It cannot be a solution. 

If the left want to reduce mass shootings and suicide, they are going to have to find another way outside of taking guns. 

Its like i keep saying, if the government ever comes to take guns from citizens, it will no longer be a country. And it will be the bloodiest civil war the earth would have witnessed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic