Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Focus- DjFlame
    Posted: 08 August 2018 at 9:34pm
this was cool. first joint ive peeped. beat is laid down pretty solid considering the soundfonts.

one thing id recommend off top - when you go rapid fire.. then flow switch to a slower pace.. dont be afraid to pause more. you get this gaps where it feels like your mind says "OH FUCK..I GOTTA RAP NOW" and it comes out "rushed/offbeat".. dont focus mentally too much on "enunciation" either.. just focus on maintaining control of the track.. youll find out when to cut words.. same as "text" eventually you learned when to scale back or add.. right now just focus on control. e everything else will fall into place.

good shit tho man. way better than my early recordings.

side note.. you dont want it whatever cab that is.. looks like x-men vs street fighter?
#Bananas
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 10:46pm
that aint third strike tho... new generation? first impact?

(off topic as fuck and I apologize lol)
#Bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 10:54pm
1000x better than before. Good job.

I would add 3-4 layers on the hook, I think it will sound better IMO.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 2:58am
yo this is ill bro. honestly, i never knew u did audio. i like how you played with the flow. good stuff

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:16am
This is pretty dope bro, I like the bounce in the beat. Your flow was pretty consistent throughout. It had a more 80s simplicity to the lyrics besides that really upbeat part, the mixing sounded good to me, crisp vocals and the bass line was nice. I liked the laid back approach and content, made for an easy listen. I think the hook could have used something more, maybe some ad libs just for fun? All in all, this was an enjoyable track bro. Never heard you spit before, but this is nice.
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 11:21am
This is pretty solid, the switch up in the flow is a nice touch. Content is definitely there, nice switch ups in rhyme schemes ...but with that, you gotta be careful not be too complex with your scheme, cause it won't give you enough room to play around with delivery. I also agree, maybe a few pauses and adlibs will add more personality.
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 1:08pm
This was ehh for me. I see you playing with flow switches and all and Neek is right about letting the beat breathe a little bit. One thing that I was told is the confidence level on the mic presence has to be there. You can say garbage, (literally look at mumble rappers) but as long as you are giving off that "i believe this shit, it's in my being", the other shit will fall in line. You sound very robotic and uncomfortable. Some people have this naturally and others don't. For me, it was an in-between situation. Just keep grinding, and believe what you're saying with the utmost confidence.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 5:58pm
Well as feedback goes i believe the others pretty much stated what i would
say/type,but i will say this though,i really liked it,the beat started off kind of
moody and sombre,then the vocals came in nice and steady too,i liked how
they started in a mild fashion, but as the track progressed they became more
energetic,enjoyed this one dude,ripe work, well worth the 31/2 minutes or so
to listen...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2018 at 12:18am
I hear you. I’ve been in this exact situation. What we hear as the creator is different then what the listeners do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic