Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-15-1
Form: WWLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beef for real
    Posted: 13 September 2010 at 6:20pm

raw.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1103388

You cant fathom a battle

animal mammal

You mishandle ya ammo

And im  ducked off in some cammo

gamble with the nimble knife commando

Spread the light just like a candle

On the mic I just dismantle

Don’t want a fight

cuz I out-hand you

man to man I just cant stand you

angels vs devils

you’ve forsaken you levels

ash? I’m freebasing these rebels

this faggots shook

his whole soul trembles

bitch why ya hiding

bet when I find him ima blind him

I’m hard as a diamond

And simon says why ya smiling?

I beat your stupid black ass like a slave master

Is that racist?

My case is you’ve always had two faces

Thinking your different colors like your shoe laces

Sober bitches wont fuck you

And when you got in my face

I sure as hell didn’t duck you

And since you my boy and I love you

I got no choice but to snub you

Real talk  im above you

So keep talking shit on the internet

But I beat your ass again and that aint a threat.

Receiving backhanded compliments from Orion since 11-28-13.

rapdisup View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 10-20-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rapdisup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2010 at 10:28pm
ill be real now the flow was awfull cudnt catch a flow if ya were tryna surf tha ocean type flow wasnt on point at all an it sounded like ya played a beat in the background rather than with the mic on record? the best advice is hard advice like this try stayin on the beat more the lyrics werent hard hitting enuf for a serious diss either tbh jus honest feed bro maybe stick too text? 
The Dr said it can't be beaten,I replied it 'can-sir'!

It aint over till I Rapdisup
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:28am
Yeah I wasn't feelin this despite it being better than your other "track."  I think the problem is that you don't seem to put much effort into it.  The flow was irregular, sometimes you were on beat, sometimes you were rushing words. I think you need to sit down and play a track out, find a nice beat and actually take the time to practise spitting your lyrics over the beat to get them smooth and then record properly in a DAW. No hate, I just see very little of worth in this effort.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:02am
i got a mic built in to my laptop...thats what i got, thats what i use...sorry about the quality....it took five minutes literally, but it served its purpose, it is what it is...thanks for you feed.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:21am
It's not about the quality so much as the approach. The mic you use is irrelevant. A DAW isn't a mic it's the software you record music in a Digital Audio Workstation. What I'm saying is I think you should spend more time when making a track otherwise i can't see you getting many positive comments about your work.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:27am
yea man, like i said it was a rush of emotion...thanks though...can i get a daw for free?

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:35am
Yeah you can download Reaper for free on an unlimited trial (the idea is you're supposed to pay if you life it)
Music

Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 1:37am
ok thanks....and by the way there is more then 1 way to skin a cat ya know?

rapdisup View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rapdisup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 9:15am
totally agree wit SS i jus re-read my post difnt mean it to sound as hate but hard advice is how i got taught its the best way for a basic id say listen out for the snare an flow wllith it i think sum plp can naturally flow on beat some cant ive never understood it so i cant realy say wats wrong but watch tuts an stuff then jus get reaper or audacity as its simple as fuck an record like dat add a leveller to ya voice an ya get standard mixing i guess cnt remember exactly how i used to do it but it did tha job
try agen bro

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:36pm
More than 1 way to skin a cat, but if people are producing audio in a more sophisticated way than you they probably aren't going to be impressed...

For me, I think you've got flow and can spit but your setup isn't helping you at all...happened to me when I first started doing audio, you can write a verse with rhythm & that's one thing you can even write it when the beat you are using is playing, but the more you spit it & listen the more you adapt to the beat and that's when you get more 'onto the beat'

I could show you a couple of my audios to show you what I mean by that...because at the time people said that to me and I didn't really know what they meant, but going back & listening I can tell what they mean now.

Using the proper software will help, I used to have Cool Edit and although it isn't the greatest bit of kit it's pretty straight forward to use...and having that kind of software really helps you understand what's going on a bit more. Not that I advocate using CE, because I'm sure more experienced people (like SS) will be able to give you better pointers as to what to use...

But really, you know the writing aspect, and your time here on LA has shown you are very adaptable in the styles you can write in. So that shouldn't be a problem for you...it's just learning how to use the software & refining it...right now it seems like you write it quickfast, jump into it, get it recorded and that's that. It's cool for what it is, but at the same time different people on here will have different expectations...someone like me who recorded with CE & a crappy mic for maybe like 20tracks will be different to someone who really knows their shit.

So as long as you take the comments in context, it's all gravy...for me, delivery-wise it isn't bad, production-wise it's sloppy...but you know yourself you haven't put that much effort into that side of things.

Edited by Cuba - 14 September 2010 at 5:37pm
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:41pm
well said....cheers.

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:48pm
pure garbage. 
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 6:08pm

in reference to your caloric intake?

rapdisup View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rapdisup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 6:34pm
wow Neek thats sum advice to help people you learn to spit tight from ya own knowledge i take it?

not a cool comment Thumbs Down

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Kosmosis Kosmosis wrote:

in reference to your caloric intake?

in reference to your song making abilities. not sure how you got confused.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by rapdisup rapdisup wrote:

wow Neek thats sum advice to help people you learn to spit tight from ya own knowledge i take it?

not a cool comment Thumbs Down

that is correct, I didn't have some 'rap coach'. I don't know why you guys think you are owed anything. everybody here (myself included) are fucking lucky to even have people listen to this shit, nobody owes anybody anything. this fucking attitude that it's mandatory to help people elevate is pure bullshit.

so I say unto you...stop acting like I owe this piece of shit anything more than the initial comment I gave him.
stuckinthepost View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-7-1
Form: WLLWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stuckinthepost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:30pm
No you don't owe him anything Neek, its just manners.
You been in the game for ages, some kid calling your drops garbage would mean fuck all to you cos you KNOW how good you are.
I dunno about Kos, but if I dropped an audio for the 1st or 2nd and I had someone (especially whos held in such high regard as you) calling it garbage, well... it wouldn't piss me off but it'd actually fucking hurt. Sure, I'm a pussy and whatnot, but yeah. Its not your duty to help him elevate but no need to be a prick about it.
you come at the king, you best not miss.
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:39pm
ok thanks neek.

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by stuckinthepost stuckinthepost wrote:

No you don't owe him anything Neek, its just manners.
You been in the game for ages, some kid calling your drops garbage would mean fuck all to you cos you KNOW how good you are.
I dunno about Kos, but if I dropped an audio for the 1st or 2nd and I had someone (especially whos held in such high regard as you) calling it garbage, well... it wouldn't piss me off but it'd actually fucking hurt. Sure, I'm a pussy and whatnot, but yeah. Its not your duty to help him elevate but no need to be a prick about it.

I wouldn't do you dirty thou stuck. have you seen me not give proper feedback to proper members? this guy lost a loser hits the bricks battle.. and here he is..posting his garbage. I don't know why everyone is always so emotional about this shit. If someone was seriously struggling, i'd help out. I think it's cool you guys think i'm good, I personally don't think i'm that good at all. I don't ask for some special treatment and I certainly don't give it out. Kos is garbage, if you disagree, thats the beauty of opinion.. I find nothing of value in his recordings. I guess i'm too blunt, even thou Orion tried to warn ya'll. I've always been this blunt.. it's just how I operate.
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 8:49pm
ok well neek for once we agree.   i dont think your that good either....and to be blunt is to be without well defined edges...so yes you are that too...here is the point.

you dont have to be a douchebag...and it was not as bad as you said it was...and if you want people to think it is bad, you shouldnt be such a douche saying it is sooooo bad, becuase then folks will flip on you and starting realizing how tight it is.....copy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic