Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I got you stuck off the realness
    Posted: 31 August 2012 at 2:10pm
300 pound is a bit generous
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:43pm
Neek is like a 300 pound Flav.

Everybody needs a hype man.

#yeaboy
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:38pm
Is it lame to enjoy the structure more than the content and rhyming? 

Cos not taking away any of the sick lines or flow you had, but it was the different structure in this that was a big breath of fresh air to me. 

Keep around.
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 9:03pm
Thanks Jamal. I think 'cats' have had their fill for now, but thanks.
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 4:53am

intro's nice... it's like ladies and gentlemen.. you bout to witness some stuff...
and if you're already confused.. the exit is that way...
you got your goggles and lab coats? sons about to kick science.

from this moment here -> Check the track record

I knew it was gonna get serious. the multiple references... the overall nature of it.

personally, I think with turning the scheme of your verse into the theme of your verse, was dope.

with that said.. I think this section is my favorite:

Resistance
Persistence
Insistence:
Hear what I say next
I will not be anything short of the greatest

Technical perfection
World leader
Still on track as the best ever
Call me Rudisha

this is when I was like.. look at this little guy.

honorable mention:

Last leg to go and I've made more motherfuckin' history than Jesse Owens
Haile Selassie won't try to surpass me

its dope. I told you as much, but I figured i'd let it breathe and maybe cats would check it out one more time.

#Bananas
Rameez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 22-40-4
Form: NWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rameez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 4:39pm
good to see this place is getting bit active again.. never seen a layout like this before but when I read it, it flows well all the way.. gud stuff champion
J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-7-3
Form: WWWNNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J Sass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 3:16am
yea that shyt was nice...i aint really like tha format either...but shyt was still goin in my nigga

good shyt

HG)Sass
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 5:04am
my man, nice shit.. honestly I aint likin that layout u got, but thats just visual

Oh so many Vs
Every vet you've seen got heavy beats in record speed

And when it's effort-free YOU demandin' better heat?
Now you say he's arrogant
You even said he cheats

that was killer

-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 1:00am
Well well well....who awoke the sleeping giant. Really is good to see you flexin across the board again. The structure was wild. I like wild. I use to go back and take a glimpse of your past work. Your aptitude is crazy high. Concepts that make the average have to google some of the references. I can dig it bruh. Anyways .....good tah see ya back.

Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 4:46pm
BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BiggStankDogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 3:46pm
LOL, just playin'. Would be a good audio, I reckon...

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BiggStankDogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 3:46pm

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 3:19pm
I quite enjoyed it really, felt the flow was decemt and liked the concept of it all.
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 2:54pm
this is probably the first of the things i've actually read from you O.. since you were here before i joined and was in that On-Off-On period when my activity was at a high before i sunk off then returned..

Gotta say this was nice... the concepts were all there and this worked amazingly well

Keep up dude
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 11:34pm
Oh I seen all that

n when I say 'filler' - I dont wanna take nuttin away from you on this cuz it was decent. but if parts go over the readers head - it needs explaining so that your efforts can be appreciated

Im trying ere Orion. I really am

and yea - its annoying when you put in the effort and it gets a smidgen of feed in comparison to the views
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 11:19pm
It's the new world man, people peep the comments before the drops...

Opening set, I loved it...but yeah, if you don't know about the Zah drop then you aren't going to appreciate the relevance (as opposed to me, who has it on my phone playing right now)...comes across with that same attitude/flavour, also a bit like Jay when he was on top of his game (oooo, subjective)...the bonkers line was just too raw, I see you Winston!!

Acropolis/hot as this...nahhhh, rest was styling...
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 10:47pm
Thanks.

There wasn't any filler really, but yeah the piece has quite a lot of personal references and is a bit up its own arse so I can see why it might come across that way. The whole thing is a four-stage relay -- I did contemplate just calling it The Relay but wanted to avoid any cheesy Olympics/athletics reference -- based on 'track record', starting with the fastest, then increasing the track distances with each of the first three sets as a metaphor for the longevity; what I've been done on LA and also other shit -- and drawing all the parallels/comparisons between myself and the three gold medallists -- then the last bit does the GOAT shit to finish off.

And yeah it's definitely one of those written to a beat that doesn't transmit so universally when standing alone, I appreciate that. Goes down as one of my best for me, knowing every intricacy of it, but to a reader I can see why it doesn't register nearly as much.

Three replies from 70 views, now that is something.
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
I-kontinue View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Crew: The Dynasty

Text Rank: #3
Stats: 46-9-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 3:19pm
It was different. The flow was dope. No crazy concepts, but was a solid piece. I liked the slick wordplay throughout. Really seems like one of those pieces that would be even better via audio, depending on how it's delivered.
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 9:42pm
Yea it'd be nice to see some feed from you

anyway - this was nice. I dont reckon it was suttin you took a lot of time with - but the choppy flow would do good on audio. Loved the Olympic refs - some of the lines were a bit weak IMO, sorta fillerish - but for the most part - you did a decent job with this

its DEFO good to see you droppin again. maybe we can get that battle goin, just for fun eh
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 7:50pm
I can't lie, this shit was nice. Layout was dope, lines were simple and effective.

Like I said before, Renegades (minus Neek) still got it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic