Author
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2013 at 2:17am
If certain people felt gut shots with these punchlines then it was probably directed in that way....lol

But this drop was deading this picture epidemic....but ki what kinda answer to your question are you looking for regarding names? I think its all pretty clear my dude...
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 2:30am
This whole thing was definitely santhin to put into a weapon and go for the kill. The concept was carried all the way thru flawlessly. It kept its entertaining factor and its smug brutality. Straight up Top shit yall great job.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 1:07pm
Thanks Que, props on the feed bruh...

I'm glad people took this for what it is and felt this.

Shit this drop turned controversial lol
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 3:28pm
dope fucking drop...all 3 came with crazy lines....I can see why people might think it was repetitive with 3 writers on this topic but in my opinion I thought yall pulled it off very nicely...PB I thought was stand out on this collab...Fuck came with it with that attitude which he displays in his lines and I'm a huge fan of and I thought this might be Triz's best drop I've seen yet from him...Now about using pictures I think it's cool if they are used properly in the OM...for example CHAIN's last drop, the way he used the pic in the story I thought was really creative and didn't take away from his lyrics at all...but pics should stay in the OM and I think using more then one pic in a single drop is excessive and does take away from the lyrics itself...on another note lol this shit got 42 replies so you guys hit a nerve and those are the drops that draw attention obviously...Good shit by all three this was a dope collab...CHEERS

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 6:44pm
Some people are not keeping it a rack.

I started the usage of pictures in the O.M in its current form.
Y‘all can ask Nepenthenz. He was the first one I pitched the idea to and he was like ‘go for it‘.

The picture is supposed to represent an Album cover; the cover of your Open Mic.
It was directly influenced by hip hop sites like Nah Right and 2DopeBoyz.
It was around the time Kanye was doing his G.O.O.D friday thing and he was dropping covers with crazy artwork. I liked what he was trying to do. Cause hip hop aint as visual as it used to be.
An album‘s artwork could influence your whole listening experience.
I remember looking at Ol‘Dirty‘s first album like ‘wow, I just know this is going to be dope‘

My first drops using pictures were all chick-related verses, that was what the pictures were for.
To make that shit even more exciting. I wanted yall to feel and see what the fuck I was talking about. I even used a real girl‘s picture once (One I knew in real life)
Thats why I removed my name, date of birth everything from my profile.
If she finds out she‘ll fucking body me, but im gonna save that for my Lyrical Assault Interview lol

Long story short. J504 took it to another level and some dudes try to bite what he did.
If ur gonna use a pic for a regular ass topic that shit better be artistic!

And some dudes just dont get it, lol

No, Im not going to stop using pictures. Thats like dropping an album with no cover art, and thats ass backwards. The irony of Kanye dropping Yeezus like that...lol

Dont be demonic and keep it a buck, ppl.

Peace.

Edited by CHAIN - 17 July 2013 at 6:49pm
+Sick-Witted+
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 8:17pm
Yall gotta agree....No one does it bettah than CHAIN and J5.......they be killin those pics. Still nice OM.
CHAIN......No worries bro....the artform is still flames.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2013 at 2:13pm
Like PB and fuckoff have said before everyone has their own opinion regarding this picture issue.

Chains you undoubtedly have barz and I can respect that 100% bruh....

But I don't agree that comparing an album cover and dropping multiple pictures in an 8 bar drop is the same. The fact that the pictures most of the time tell the whole story without even needing to read the actual verse. Not saying you do that but that's when things start to be a problem in my opinion man..

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 2:53pm
R.I.P.

Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 4:58pm
I like the idea behind this - however, I think it coulda worked better. I don't wanna take anything away from this ere though cuz it was decent.

Right - PB
The Chain reaction play has been abused and murdered. It was buried somewhere secret, but you managed to sniff it out and exhume it. Having said that though, you used it in a way which made it more effective than the Chain reaction plays Ive seen before. Not all of them - but yano what I mean. 
The Google images bar flow was flawless - like that one. 
I won the topical title from Cuba - it didn't contain a picture - I tehn re-matched him and won again - again, it didn't contain a picture. So dunno what that was about. Maybe it was my latest title defense against Exo, which I know rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. In all honesty, when everyone started going on about it I thought 'fuck!, I over-used the pic thing there'. And I see that now - but didnt at the time cuz I thought it would be a good way of painting the pic. Aint like I can't do that without a pic so yea - bug mistake there that I made, and I wunt be doin it again.
Lastly - as far as I remember - I'm the only one who usually uses THE LATEST material from the news, in OMs, and theyre generally good - so dunno if that was a pop at me - but anyways. 
JPeg line was dope.
And loved the play in the closer. 

Trizz 
Liked the opener, the punch in the second line - but one thing that you do a lot of is say stuff in your set-up line that dunt really come across as proper English. Not that I'm expecting the Queens English - but ya set-ups can be a lot of filler sometimes. Not all the times - but it did that here. 
Forced to stop and PhotoShop didn't rhyme for me. Can't pin-point an accent where it would rhyme.
I liked the beast/Pony connection in the next part. Ya coulda threw some magic play in there somewhere to connect the one trick thing - coulda made it better I reckon, but still, this was a decent line.
Liked the x-ray posts/body of work play. You did that thing again with not making sense in the set-up. Like, where does 'sloppy you jerks' ever get said in that way where itll make sense? Ja know what I mean?
Closer was ok.

Fuck
Wasnt really keen on your opening bars - not that they were bad or nuttin, but just a bit neutral in comparison to how Point and Trizz started off. It started to get decent at your dream shit line. 
Loved the no pic/O shit line LOL - that was cool man and the best in your verse.
Clever too the way you posted a link of a pic of your verse LOL. Nice way to finish off and that was IMO the most creative bar ou of the whole 3 verses.

I think with PB opening this - it left you 2 with big boots to fill though you both have small feet. Ya get me? Its no use having a collab where one outshines the rest far more than he should have. It made a lot of the stuff you's picked on repetitive too - cuz PB had already covered the majority of it in his verse. Even still - I liked the concept behind this. It was very creative and a good way to poke fun at PIC verses. Good shit lads 
fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 6:47pm
yeah cheers for feed, on me not going in as hard, i took more of a open mic view rather than a full on diss. and i think i actually wrote my verse first the way it was ordered was jus random as far as i know. but yeah it is what it is pz
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Manc Manc wrote:

I like the idea behind this - however, I think it coulda worked better. I don't wanna take anything away from this ere though cuz it was decent.

Right - PB
The Chain reaction play has been abused and murdered. It was buried somewhere secret, but you managed to sniff it out and exhume it. Having said that though, you used it in a way which made it more effective than the Chain reaction plays Ive seen before. Not all of them - but yano what I mean. 
The Google images bar flow was flawless - like that one. 
I won the topical title from Cuba - it didn't contain a picture - I tehn re-matched him and won again - again, it didn't contain a picture. So dunno what that was about. Maybe it was my latest title defense against Exo, which I know rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way. In all honesty, when everyone started going on about it I thought 'fuck!, I over-used the pic thing there'. And I see that now - but didnt at the time cuz I thought it would be a good way of painting the pic. Aint like I can't do that without a pic so yea - bug mistake there that I made, and I wunt be doin it again.
Lastly - as far as I remember - I'm the only one who usually uses THE LATEST material from the news, in OMs, and theyre generally good - so dunno if that was a pop at me - but anyways. 
JPeg line was dope.
And loved the play in the closer. 

Trizz 
Liked the opener, the punch in the second line - but one thing that you do a lot of is say stuff in your set-up line that dunt really come across as proper English. Not that I'm expecting the Queens English - but ya set-ups can be a lot of filler sometimes. Not all the times - but it did that here. 
Forced to stop and PhotoShop didn't rhyme for me. Can't pin-point an accent where it would rhyme.
I liked the beast/Pony connection in the next part. Ya coulda threw some magic play in there somewhere to connect the one trick thing - coulda made it better I reckon, but still, this was a decent line.
Liked the x-ray posts/body of work play. You did that thing again with not making sense in the set-up. Like, where does 'sloppy you jerks' ever get said in that way where itll make sense? Ja know what I mean?
Closer was ok.

Fuck
Wasnt really keen on your opening bars - not that they were bad or nuttin, but just a bit neutral in comparison to how Point and Trizz started off. It started to get decent at your dream shit line. 
Loved the no pic/O shit line LOL - that was cool man and the best in your verse.
Clever too the way you posted a link of a pic of your verse LOL. Nice way to finish off and that was IMO the most creative bar ou of the whole 3 verses.

I think with PB opening this - it left you 2 with big boots to fill though you both have small feet. Ya get me? Its no use having a collab where one outshines the rest far more than he should have. It made a lot of the stuff you's picked on repetitive too - cuz PB had already covered the majority of it in his verse. Even still - I liked the concept behind this. It was very creative and a good way to poke fun at PIC verses. Good shit lads 

The exact response I was looking. lol

Glad this drop did its job.
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 7:07pm
Tre - I don't know what is more strange - the fact that you pulled 2 dudes into this ALL FOR ME, as you just said this was the reason you did it (the exact response you were looking for) - or that this was your idea and you posted the thread, yet you chose to put PB verse first, yours second and FO last. In psychology terms - that actually says a lot more than you probably even understand. Having said that - the fact that 99.9% of your posts in this thread mentioned 'getting a response' - yet PBs and FOs replies were more focused on the opinions people had on there actual work - is the exact reason we rejected your request to join us. You're in this whole thing to TRY and cause trouble. It's a million miles away from being a 'good trait' - but it looks like you seem to think its a good thing LOL.
You're like a more tolerable BG lol. 

FO - dude, I know you are much better than what you posted, but thats not me saying your verse was shit or anything - I just feel like you got the short straw being last in the order the verses were posted. By the time me/others had read PB and Trizz verses, it was kinda like going over old stuff and it's unfair that you were posted third cuz it has a big impact on the way yours was viewed. But...... like I say - I liked your verse, and I KNOW you took a more neutral response to this, which shows in what you posted

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 7:18pm
When I said that's the response I was looking for I mean I knew you would feed it that way. I can tell just from your feed it bothered you. Even chains and cuba who use pictures siad this was one of the best collabos he had seen on a long time on this site. There is slight hate feed from you.
My idea for this was basically to murk the "picture idea" shit. I never even said a persons name or anything i just went at the picture idea shit.

And you keep you thinking I am talking shit which never once in our convo's did I say fuck manc or ki or anyone in your crew.

Funny how if someone goes against you or your crew you always view it as "that person is wrong". But of you go against someone you are just stating your opinion....so why is it so different?

Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 7:29pm
You love arguing don't you? 

Originally posted by Trizzy Tre Trizzy Tre wrote:

The exact response I was looking. lol

Glad this drop did its job.

You just said that was the EXACT response you were looking for - and that you are GLAD this drop did its job.

In other words - you did this to get the response you got. And that the job of this drop was to get the response you got.
You just said that yourself. You're not very good at hiding your intentions. 

Basically - we didnt want you in our crew, and since youve made it clear that yu're butt-hurt from it by doing all you've done in the way of calling my crew out. Throwing in sharky comments - and now going as far as pulling in 2 guys to join you in an OM where you have a hidden agenda. Isn't looking good for you Trizz - which is a shame, cuz you can write good stuff. Oh well
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 7:45pm
This was a solid drop from all three of you.

Tbh I always though the shit went OTT, I was cool with J5 and Chain doing it because to them it was just cover art, which didn't take away from the piece. But some are dropping shit that aren't as good as the pic, which is crazy.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 3:53pm
Thanks Jay, glad you was feelin this piece fam....

And I agree wit what you said about people dropping pics wit verses that be better then the verse lol

now thats some funny shit. Props on you seein what we was tryin to do here.
King Canarsie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Canarsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 4:28pm
That was absolutely dope. Much respect to fuckoff for coming in with heat after two ill verses. I loved seeing how angry and descriptive Trizzy was also.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 2:40am
Thanks for dropping feed king....

Glad you was feeling my barz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic