Author
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 7:04pm
^ Yeah, plus they will all go down as separate battle scores, so The Guy will come 4-1 out of this...not exactly empty handed

Anyway, will let Woods' lateness slide...waiting on UNLM
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 23-15-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 11:35pm

The thing is this, you swing and miss like a blind dog while I'm calm inside
When I knock you the fuck out to show you a written Homicide        
That'll harm his pride when I only need two lines to astound  
And like sales on high heels we'll see a 'bitch-made Mark-down'     
Fuck Pinocchio's story, I'ma take the life outta this talkin' wood   
He'll go home for good with my hold round the neck of woods abusing this queer               
Should be one and done, making worse OW sounds than your producing career 

- In the blind battle (X-Man vs. Y-Dogg), Woods didn't know Y-Dogg was Jay Homicide...I did (guessed in 2 lines)
-His name is Mark....Mark down/Markdown, as in a big price drop
- Dropped an audio where he actually was rapping...got bad reviews for poor delivery (no life in talkin' woods) and even removed his audio link
- Should know this, but Pinocchio is the wooden puppet who gets turned into a real boy (life in wood) 
- The phrase "round my neck of the woods" basically means your area/home...made a beat called "OW" that also was met with skepticism...one and done, his first battle royale battle.
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 12:39am
Well played...

Final round... winner is the #1 contender and faces the champ later this week...

So if you're not in XFade, VM or DTK, you know what to do...vOte
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 11:19am
This battle was tight, Woods dropped a clean and accessible verse with I style that deliver blows fast and directly. The concepts are not too complicated and reasonably flipped so in that regard all his punches hits with varying degree of impacts. Personally I think the "woods n chains" thing struck the hardest. On the whole a dope verse. UNLM did his his thing also, coming with a bit more intricate stuff, something that can swing both ways. The "Written homicide" bar was a straight up hardcore line, nice "wood" concepts also like Pinocchio\neck of the woods that add personal flavor to the mix. The recording and producing career dirt you dug up on him could perhaps have been taken more advantage of. Either way an overall slick verse here also. Deciding a winner isn't easy, generally both dropped high quality stuff so this will come down to personal preferences from the voters, and by that premise woods edges it for my taste. Though this battle is entirely open. So yeah, props to both.  

-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 4:13pm
Concrete...thanks...so five hours to go and...............one vote

Way to go everyone
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
wreckless View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 14-2-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wreckless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 5:04pm

Wood

You got no stomach for this, punches blastin' ya ribs..

Shots leavin' UNLM bloody red in the centre, like ya avatar is..

ok opener... not really all about avatar/avi punchs 6/10

I'll damage ya kid.. bitch flips leave you open to laughter..

So it's only in kardashian family pictures we could ever envisage Kris close to a rapper..

decent, feeling this 7/10

You gettin' this far is a joke.. it's a disgrace that ya could..

Cause you're like an Ax Cutter with parkinsons, struggled to handle chains n' now woods...

decent again 7/10

People expectin' less from you.. will stumble when facin' an idol..
Cause ya verses like ya votes.. can't help but lead me straight to the title..
decent closer 7/10

UNLM

ehh kinda blah opener...... 5/10

decent 7/10

Don't make me start now...expose you as a bitch more than recording could

ehh ok seemed missed potential 6/10

decent closer 7/10

wood - 27/40 unlm -25/40

multis - tie

punches - wood

personals - tie

flow - tie

Vote - Wood

U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 5:34pm
Props on the two votes guys. I know votes are hard to come by right now. I'ma try to get at any battles I've yet to vote on too. 
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 6:13pm
Ima drop my vote.Just give me 10 min guys..just leme reach home.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 6:22pm
Voting slowed right down......
Looks like a great battle lads, let me get back to you soon with a breakdown

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 6:57pm
Woods:

It was a decent opener with a decent hit. But honestly, I felt that it was too simple.plus, yo flow also stumbled a bit.

So it's only in kardashian family pictures  we could ever envisage Kris close to a rapper..

It was a good hit Imo.Really liked this bar. Shit felt creative jn a sense you related stuff. 

Cause you're like an Ax Cutter with parkinsons, struggled to handle chains n' now woods...

Lol. It was a solid one. N creative as well. 

That was again, a clever hit. It was a good closer.

UNLM: 

it was a good opener imo.. I liked the idea.flow was just aight. It wasnt banging but still, was good imo.

Clever concept with a decent execution. Flow was decent too.. It was a "hit" imo..

A decent concept was there but this bar lacked execution. It could be worded a lot better. But still it was a nice jab..

This was a good closer. A "good" personal was thr too n flow was hot. It was bit harder and perfectly did its job.

Overall: This battle was dead close but i think wood edged it out by a hair. Why woods? Because i felt his verse more direct and creative. UNLM also came up with a solid verse but as i said, it was dead close.

No hatred for nobody---respect for everyone.

MVGT WOOD
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 7:32pm

"Not too impressed with this opener.....I guess its a safe kinda play....Minimal damage at best though"

So it's only in kardashian family pictures we could ever envisage Kris close to a rapper..

"Nice transition....Was not a big fan of this play though.......The Kris thing been done already on UN in this event plus the Pictures/envisage felt forced in to make this solid but it just looked a bit messy to me"

"Its a nice idea you come up with here, Not seeing this as a heavy hitter though.... Sort of backfires a bit I think......Afterall he did handle CHAIN...n' now woods?"

"Nice work here.....got him on something he said/done and turned it to your advantage in a clever way"

No disrespect whatsoever Woods; if this sounded a bit harsh......I got to be honest I was expecting a stronger verse than that at this stage of the event...I think you tried some nice concepts here but executed them poorly....Plus I would have liked to have seen a little more emphasis on the actual punches

"Not sure if you really ever had a punch with this....I mean its a clever idea but I dont see how it translates into much of a hit...Will give you some credit though its creative how you crafted this..Plus..Really nice rhyming"

"This was ok man.......Nothing major but yeah I did prefer it to Woods' Kris nameplay"

"That stuff you dug up on him recording an shitt did seem a bit dated to be bringing up again must have been done before..........Plus with the pinocchio thing I really feel there was a lot of obvious stuff you could have worked into that concept to improve it"

"So its a revisit to a concept I was not feeling the first time round but this time its the punchline..........I wish you would have used that "neck of the woods idea and crafted something around that for the closer"

Same with you bro; I hope you know I mean no disrespect and am not claiming to be an expert with this shitt.......I just wanted to keep it real with you both...100%.. about how I see this.Just though this needed more thought to be working.......I was really impressed with your verse against CHAIN but feel you def slipped a bit here  when it came to the hitters..........

Was a really hard battle to vote on this one, both writers came at a similar level kind'a hit an miss shitt from both with nobody really landing a big hitter to finish the other one off
All said an done I felt Woods just edged this ..........A very close battle

Well played both

Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 7:32pm

Ok, firstly i can't stand punches that include the word avatar or avi. They are too obvious and played. By all means use the avatar as a personal but it needs to be more creative than saying "just like your avatar" or "like in your avi" they just don't hit hard for me, so i wasn't feeling the opening punchline. The kardashian bar was ok, i mean it was an ok punch but like it didn't make me jump out of my seat. This battle is for a title shot dude, i just feel it needs to be harder hitting. The ax cutter line i did like, it makes sense too as his battle with chain was very close, so that punch was pretty nice and creative, good hit. Last bar was ok, but again it just doesn't jump out to me as really hard hitting, it isn't the best personal because all you did was try to turn his vote for you back at him lol.

Overall: after your verse in the four way i did expect better, its not rubbish but i just feel if your looking to take the title from DTK, you need to up it a bit.

Opener was a bit tame for me, the personal wasn't the best, the fact he couldn't guess the rappers in a blind battle and you could, its meh and not really aggressive. Second bar was confusing, 'bitch made mark down' its weirdly worded which affects the flow of the bar and i think that hurt it. I think the diss could have been more direct. Oh snappppp yesss UN that third bar was fire! Loved that! This is what I'm talking about i didn't need expos for that punch, it hit hard, was on point and was original. Bar of the battle for me, even the personal in the first line made me go 'oh jeez!'. That's that aggression I'm talking about! I don't know how other voters said it was worded badly, i felt it was worded fine, had nice flow and multis. Last bar fell off a little. it was better than your first two imo, but still didn't reach the aggression you had in your 3rd bar.

Overall: one fire bar. The rest was only ok at best, you had ok concepts and ideas, but i felt only the 3rd bar brought them to life.

Verdict: i go with UNLM. I think he was a bit more direct, particularly in his 3rd bar. It was close though and i felt as though woods just needed slightly more aggression to take it.

Winner: U.N.L.M
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:07pm
And that's a wrap... Woods wins the Battle Royale and is the #1 contender for the text title. He'll battle DTK on Nov 7 in the main event of LA X. The virtues of coming in at #10 - a spot Woods won by edging Lucky, Spume and Blissful in the four-way - http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/la-x-4way-woods-vs-spume-vs-lucky-vs-blissful_topic27763.html

Woods was the only former champ in the BR by the way... You'll never guess who he beat on Nov 12 2008 to win the title . . . almost five years ago to the day, as it happens, so roughly around LA's fifth birthday, as opposed to its tenth . . . well yea, it was DTK, naturally. That was a tournament with the title fresh up for grabs. Shiet we got storylines and erythang

ROUND 1
(1) The Law 5-0 (KO) Dougy (2)

ROUND 2
(3) Zinaii 0-5 (KO) The Law (1)

ROUND 3
(4) The Guy 5-2 The Law (1)

ROUND 4
(5) Kiki 0-5 (KO) The Guy (4)

ROUND 5
(6) Levy 0-5 (KO) The Guy (4)

ROUND 6
(7) Nigma 0-5 (KO) The Guy (4)

ROUND 7
(8) UNLM 5-0 (KO) The Guy (4)

ROUND 8
(9) Chain 4-6 UNLM (8)

ROUND 9
(10) Woods 4-1 UNLM (8)

MODS -- Updated Battle Scores

The Law - 2 KO wins, 1 loss
Dougy - 1 KO loss
Zinaii - 1 KO loss
The Guy - 3 KO wins, 1 win, 1 KO loss
Kiki - 1 KO loss
Levy - 1 KO loss
Nigma - 1 KO loss
UNLM - 1 KO win, 1 win, 1 loss
Chain - 1 loss
Woods - 1 win

Congratulations Woods and well played everybody

Bang
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:18pm
Well done woods.

Hats off to The Guy for having a hell of a streak.

Props also to UNLM for his surge in the later half.

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:25pm
Well done woods... And pat for UNLM. Great battle Guys.
So this is how "tenth anniversary of LA " ends on the "tenth page" of the BR thread,

Vib.Klean View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 35-28-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vib.Klean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 10:26pm
Sorry for not voting this last battle,was at work. Didnt wanna give bs feed and its busy here

But good shit woods,good luck homie. Unlm you did well too
The_Guy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 16-12-0
Form: WLWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 11:25pm
ClapThumbs Up
mcwoods View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 42-51-0
Form: LLLLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mcwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 10:25am
Thanks everyone! Most people should have known what it was before this started, but there was a lot of great battles, congrats to all entrants. Thanks to all the voters as well. Props to O for running it smoothly. Props to UNLM for his verse, thought voting should have been a lot closer, told him his verse impressed, last bar was funny as hell! Good luck to DTK, great battler and worthy champ. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic