Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making the Battlefields a Better Place
    Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:06pm

As many of you have probably noticed, us mods are lacking the time to go through the battlefields properly.

So I am making this post to ask that you all do your bit to help us get through them quicker.

Finished Battles

If your battle has finished then please do not keep posting in it 'uppin for closure'. Simply make one post (unless your opponent has) to indicate that the battle has finished and leave it to drift to the last page.

A mod will get to it when they can, spamming the battle will not help or make this process quicker.

Battles Needing Votes

Do not keep posting in your battle to push it to the top. I have seen battles with 4/5 "ups" in a row and all this does is cause clutter to fill up your battle making it harder to find votes and determine if its finished or not.

You would be better off spending this time to go vote on another battle that is in need of votes.

Problem With A Vote

If you have a problem with a vote do not start bitching about it in the battle, this again just causes clutter and makes the battle hard to mod. If someone didn't explain their vote properly, ask nicely if they could expand on it.

If you think someone posted a hate/dickride/uneducated/bias/unfair/etc vote against you, do not start bitching in the battle, simply hit "Post Options" and click "Report Post", this will send an email to the mods alerting them to the protential problem. If you really really have to get something off your chest, head to the Fuck Ya'll forum - that's what it's there at the end of the day!

And remember - you cannot moderate your own battles! Not even the mods can do that - so don't even think about trying it your self. All votes stand until discounted by a mod.

Battle Limit

Though we are usually relaxed about this, there is a limit on how many open battles you can have at once. This limit is 4. If you have 4 open battles, take a break and post an Open Mic or even better vote on the plethora of other open battles. Remember, if your battle has finished but not been closed, it does not count to your open battles.

No-Shows

The Battlefields are onto 5 pages, why not skim through the pages to check there isn't a battle you forgot to drop in. If you catch it quick enough you will cheat death and avoid tarnishing your record with a dreaded N.

Don't forget to check No Mans Land as well, if your time has run out but you beat us to it with a verse, will probably let you off the N.

TL;DR

Stop the bitching, spamming, upping and unnecessary posts clogging up battles and they'll be closed as soon as we get a chance.

End of the day, if you save the mods time by not making them death with the bullshit, your battle will close a lot quicker.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:10pm
Well said. Handshake
Go my Minions!

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:26pm
True. But scott, i guess that "report" tab under the options of posts is broken. It never worked for me. Can you recheck that?
Btw its working on this page. Im talking about the battle section.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:33pm
Titu, I fixed that last week - if it works here it'll work in the fields.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 2:40pm
Thanks Scotty.
Appreciate that.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 3:13pm
For battles that need votes, can we not just edit the title? On other forums they've either used '***' to show a battle is ready for votes. That way battles don't need upping, people can just go through and look for the stars.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Jay Homicide Jay Homicide wrote:

For battles that need votes, can we not just edit the title? On other forums they've either used '***' to show a battle is ready for votes. That way battles don't need upping, people can just go through and look for the stars.

That would take a mod that is a lot more active in the battlefield to do. At this point in time, it has been a very slow process as it is and that will just give them more work on top of what already is being held up. 
Go my Minions!

Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 9:17pm
I agree, the *** thing wouldnt work. The problem is more determining open and finsihed battles, not ones waitin for a verse, so it just puts us back at square one.

I've closed a load, but still got some to go. Pages 3-4 all need votes, and some even need verses.

Like I said, check thru and make sure you aint gunna get an N. If ya waitin on your opponent, send them a PM reminder.

And PLEASE for the love of god quit the bullshit. Rules, Verses and Votes - thats all a battle should contain!
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2013 at 9:20pm
Good work scotty. You closed a load of battles.
Really appreciated the effort.

FuckButter View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: LW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FuckButter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 12:31am
Is this the place to suggest a "sage" function?

An option you can add to your post so it won't bump a thread?
Crusade View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 3-7-2
Form: LLLLWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crusade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 3:58am
What about this bright idea:

-Hire more moderators to better moderate the message boards of Lyrical Assault.
-Add another forum within the Battlefield: Battles That Need Votes. It will better organize the Forums and allow the user to vote on the battle threads that need voting.

Or we can copy Rap-Royalty and disallow a user to enter a thread, in the Open Mic/Callout/Battlefield Forums, until he/she votes on three battles in the Battlefield and three verses in the Open Mic forum.
LyriKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-7-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LyriKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Scotty32 Scotty32 wrote:

I agree, the *** thing wouldnt work. The problem is more determining open and finsihed battles, not ones waitin for a verse, so it just puts us back at square one.

I've closed a load, but still got some to go. Pages 3-4 all need votes, and some even need verses.

Like I said, check thru and make sure you aint gunna get an N. If ya waitin on your opponent, send them a PM reminder.

And PLEASE for the love of god quit the bullshit. Rules, Verses and Votes - thats all a battle should contain!

I liked the part 'Quit the bullshit!!'
wreckless View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 14-2-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wreckless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2013 at 10:29pm
Real talk, if you want the battle grounds cleaned up and some of the battles finished start making it a rule to post links to one or two recent battles they voted on before they can post the verse. Even now there is multiple battles in need of votes and its like people are avoiding doing it like its the plague or something. 
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2013 at 10:44pm
I have 3 battles that are finished in the battlefiled, but there is nowhere to post the links since the thread for finished battles is locked.
wreckless View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 14-2-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wreckless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 5:20am

Originally posted by BIG GAME BIG GAME wrote:

I have 3 battles that are finished in the battlefiled, but there is nowhere to post the links since the thread for finished battles is locked.

What I meant was like when you set up a battle, during the check in with your opponent you must post two links to "active battles" that you voted on or you can't post your verse. It gets the battlers to have to vote if they want to battle.

BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 5:24am
I was talking to Scotty.

But I know what you are talking about and I myself, along with many others have presented this idea in the past.
Scotty is set in his ways, and I actually think that it has worked out better with him being that way overall.
hanGing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Not to be Fucked With.

Text Rank: #8
Stats: 30-10-6
Form: NNWLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hanGing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 10:32am
Reason it's locked is because it's getting ignored at the moment so we can go through the fields bit by bit. Working from the bottom up. I'm doing a few more - so i'll get to yours.

I think we touched on voting issues in our interview with O - my views on it don't change.
"Sicker Than Thou"

hanGing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Not to be Fucked With.

Text Rank: #8
Stats: 30-10-6
Form: NNWLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote hanGing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 11:32am
Right in one hour.

Locked 12 battles. Warned someone. Moved 2 battles across. Banned someone.

Getting there.
"Sicker Than Thou"

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 12:07pm
appreciate your effort, hang. you cleaned a lot of mess...

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2013 at 12:57pm
Hanging been doing work Handshake
Go my Minions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic