Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alphabet Ethnicity
    Posted: 19 June 2014 at 5:47am
Yer it not a comfortable rap INK. kia ora ki a koe hoki tangata, or be well to you also brother, it was a mistake to have written and a powerful learning curve, a learnt lesson in the power of the symbolism of words, moving forwards will use appropriate English
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 11-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 7:10am
Kia Ora my nigga, kia ora.

yeah not a good look bro, bro. I think you needed to apologize & keep it moving here. Im not sure i feel comfortable feeding this tbh.
#BARS

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2014 at 7:04am
The language of hip-hop or more specially its sub genre rap has also proved to be controversial. In particular, the word nigga used frequently by rappers is widely considered to be an offensive term but is commonly used in the rap genre.

Alphabet ethnicities slurs were wrong y'all, I'll move on by
I'm sorry for mistakenly cursin' sulting, ur bang on correct it's true I'm not T.I.
Maybe SS right and I am just an ignorant, ill-informed child
I get called all the above in this 3rd world country, significant? I was born to die
For spume corrupt, I'mma step up n admit it, I acted wrong
Cos no matter what slur a person is, it hurts to serve a cursive word in rap song
Like you said, it seems like we're a bit behind entire nations
Tho I know actual laws makin' these words illegal would be constitution violation,
Disorderly conduct, afray, inciting riots are criminal charges
When done using racial slurs, and writin' a rap rappin' it's steppin' over a margin
In rap forum, this was a peaceful call to arms bro bring it on
Are you able to put together a more offensive rap with better flow to sing along?

Fact:
Disorderly conduct, afray, incitement to riot, are all criminal charges that can be brought for offensive language even racial slurs, but actual laws making the words illegal would be a violation of the constitution, in the latest supreme court rulings they ruled that even offensive speech is protected but so far charges for the type of activity mentioned above have not been challenged as a violation of free speech.

Thanks again for the feed y'all, it's all appreciated. This rap affected me writing it and it was hurtful to read, it felt like reading through a brutal battle verse writing it, it don't represent any of my own ideologies, we all have belly buttons right. It was just putting together some words creatively that mankind has left in encyclopedias to stir opinion for reals, I ain't mean to offend and if it offended you, I'm legit sorry, it was just a trip on the elevating, thanks for reading and your criticisms, I do appreciate what y'all think about this shit whether you believe dat or not, stay up, keep elevated.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 6:27pm
Never saw the thing about the battle Stylez; but yeah kinda makes him a double idiot don't it!
Always had a soft spot for aussies and kiwi on account of friendships and travels.
Always found them to be more racist than people from the UK in general
Like I said they do seem to be a bit behind....like shitt ya friends grandfather might say,......
So for me he needs to just admit he was wrong and if he don't I'll keep working on him

SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 6:10pm
Spume, I'm with you 100% there. The problem is that he was warned that his battle might have appeared racist, then made a really bad call in judgement with this thing. The best thing is to admit the mistake and move on, not defend it when it's such a bad decision.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 6:07pm
For what it's worth T I don't you are actually a racist
This was just a very bad call mate
There is a way out of this...get back on ya game keep active with feedback and mostly admit it/you was wrong and apologize.....Best advice

I spent 6 months in Zealand with my Kiwi Bogan buddies a few years back..South island them boys was like 30 years behind the times in many ways ..it's a changing world fam...you'll get there!
Keep up Rapper and don't drop no more nonsense

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 4:42pm
I suggest you don't argue with SS^ dude has taught me a lot in the past 2 DAYS, he's the truth and knows what the fuck he's talking about.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 1:36pm
You can pout out about the etymology of the term rap as much as you want kid. Fact of the matter, is hip hop culture is NOT racist. Hip hop culture is not "oppressive."  The entire fucking thing is built on FREEDOM. Not freedom of speech, freedom of SOUL.  This entire fucking culture is aimed at giving a voice to the downtrodden, whether black, white, purple, green or fucking tartan coloured, you NEVER represent this culture from a place of oppression.  Basically creating a list of all of the words used to oppress people and throwing a couple of rhymes in there does not make you a hip hop revolutionary who's making a dent. It makes you an ignorant, ill-informed child who 100% the entire point of the culture that "emceeing" grew out of. When people talk rap music, they're talking about the music that grew out of the "emceeing" element of hip hop culture, you etymology on the word "Rap" means fuck all, it's a diversion tactic, the term was borrowed from the slang for "to converse" as you put it (although that's a very simplified usage, look at Mr James Marshall Hendrix, his "rap" wasn't just talking, it was is "creed" it was the "serious" things he talked about, whether or not they made any sense ;) ) but it does not mean the same thing. Rap in hip hop is essentially the spoken words used by an emcee when expressing themselves within the culture, disrespect the culture, and it'll disrespect you back, real talk.
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 11:17am
Rapping is spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics. The components of rapping include content, flow and delivery. Rapping is distinct from spoken word poetry in that it is performed in time to a beat. Rapping is often associated with and a primary ingredient of hip hop music, but the origins of the phenomenon can be said to predate hip hop culture by centuries. Since the early 21st century, it has been possible to hear rap in every major language of the world.

1. Rapping can be delivered over a beat or without accompaniment. Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area between speech, prose, poetry, and singing. The word (meaning originally to hit) as used to describe quick speech or repartee predates the musical form. The word had been used in British English since the 16th century, and specifically meaning "to say" since the 18th. It was part of the African American dialect of English in the 1960s meaning "to converse", and very soon after that in its present usage as a term denoting the musical style. Today, the terms "rap" and "rapping" are so closely associated with hip hop music that many use the terms interchangeably.

2. According to the U.S. Department of State, hip hop is "now the center of a mega music and fashion industry around the world" that crosses social barriers and cuts across racial lines.

If we give these words life they become nothing more than words used in a verse, I was being creative, not offensive and if you're offended you're not forced to read the words

3. Hip hop texts are rich in imagery and metaphor and can be used to teach irony, tone, diction, and point of view. Hip hop texts can be analyzed for theme, motif, plot, and character development. Both Grand Master Flash and T.S. Eliot gazed out into their rapidly deteriorating societies and saw a "wasteland." Both poets were essentially apocalyptic in nature as they witnessed death, disease, and decay.

There is such thing as point of view and there is such thing as freedom of speech - , in rap we need not be accountable for all we say, from a fatalistic viewpoint the rhyme had to be said and is a representation of what the culture we live in helps me paint 'cause of the reality we live in

"everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice. The exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "for respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "for the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".

This was a rap verse, I'm not disrespecting any rights or reputations other than our English languages reputation for being what it is harbouring these terms. Public health and morals aren't at stake, we have these terms in our online encyclopedia with definitions, I'm only being bitten for writing this if someone copies it to another thread. Thanks for the feed Chain, I'll take it from your reaction that it stirred something enough in you to respond and that's all good as feedback mayne
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Rapper T Rapper T wrote:

I'm offended reading this and that's what rap should be doing, making an impact and leaving a dent, just cos I type get a gun n shoot a cop doesn't mean I do, ya dig

Nah,  

Hell no. 

1. Rap/Hip Hop shouldn’t be offensive to the have-nots, it’s a culture for THE PEOPLE. 
It’s a rebellious culture that naturally goes against the grain of the status quo/ the elite. 

Being that hip hop is from the inner city/urban environment, its going to speak for ‘the people’, the lower classes. A large portion of the lower class are ethnic minorities, and the culture doesn’t advocate oppression/racism, even though white people are often targeted in songs and in everyday conversation. ‘Historically, white people’ have been at the top of the food chain in western society, so a lot of the minorities often go at their necks, it’s really a class thing. 
I have a lot of white friends and  I understand their pain, but the lower class/oppressed are always going to rebel against the elite, the man, the illuminati, which are all still synonymous with white people. 

I say that to say this. 

2. No,  being offensive for the sake of being offensive is nonsensical. When people talk about shooting a cop, it’s a statement that’s rooted in the sentiment of either oppression or racial profiling. We never speak from an oppressor’s point of view. 
We, and yes, I say ‘we’ , we don’t condone racism. 

It was actually SS who tried to put me on game awhile ago, but I was too young to digest that ‘jewel’ back then. 

This ain't 'making a dent', this is airing yourself out 

3. There’s no such thing as ‘freedom of speech’, as you should be held accountable for everything you say. A wise man is never a blabbermouth and never says shit just to get shit off his chest….just because it’s your ‘opinion’. And when you choose to express yourself in an offensive manner, please be aware of the consequences. Don’t pet a snake on its head and cry foul when you get bitten. 

[/rant]

Edited by CHAIN - 16 June 2014 at 10:57am
XpR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 5-1-0
Form: WWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XpR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 7:54am
Lol, straight flames my dude.

"I'm brownie buffie burrhead to buddhahead bule bizarre"

You're a brownie buffie burrhead my nigga? Word.

Dopest rhyme on the website, no question. Wink
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2014 at 6:19am
Spic was in there as spigotty, referenced from wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs that was all, no V one in there, read into it what you will, it's just words, a list of ethnic slurs assembled in rhyme, they impact every single individual on the planet, I'm offended reading this and that's what rap should be doing, making an impact and leaving a dent, just cos I type get a gun n shoot a cop doesn't mean I do, ya dig
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 10:40pm
I still don't know what the fuck this is. I think you incited an LA holocaust.

Way to go.
Pompus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pompus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 10:01pm
you motherfucker!!! you completely forgot spick! if you're gonna do something do it right goddammit! you completely left out all of south america, thats racist as FUCK! this is a horrible and poor attempt at confronting head on a "misconceived" notion that you are racist, just because you can google a fuckin list of the most hurtful and salty words ever to happen upon and stain this beautiful english language and list them (poorly) doesn't make this poetry, I'm not even so much as mad at what you wrote, you could have told me you loved the KKK for all i care, i'm more upset about how half-assed you did it. btw i noticed to you were too pussy to write NIGGER, there, now they're all up here
nigerchu View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nigerchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 8:34pm
soooooo.... you say you're not racist, and then use THAT MANY slurs in an open mic... 

lolwut? 
HUNGER GAMES
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 6:02pm
I fucking told you your battle came across racist and not to fuel the flames, you're an idiot for doing this after you'd already been told, you deserve the flaming you're going to catch for this, moron.  Proving you're not racist by using as many racist slurs as you could find with zero legitimacy as a rap is so off-base I'm wondering if you need your head testing. By the way, alot of those slurs directly insult me, nice job alienating a community dumbass.
Notez View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-3-2
Form: WWNWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Notez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 5:29pm
this was not good at all.......

You forgot the letter V.......

remember...... just cause you can doesn't always mean you should
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 5:17pm
What the hell
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 5:15pm

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 10:12am
Yo this a rap I put together as a statement to say I ain't a racist, I just appreciate language and it's ability to create sh in 2014 with the freedom of speech. It's called alphabet ethnicity:

Rapper Teaching ABCs American English and ABCD
I'm gettin' greenback dollars - Abbies, Abes and Abies
Arabush ape, you're apple ann to Aunt Jemima mate
Abo! Like an aboriginal child, you'll be alligator bait
I eat bananas in my beaney, caboche dure bluegum
Don't be a boerehater, or turn to a bog irish boong bohunk
I'm Boongan Bootlip! Don't confuse me for Bounty bar
I'm brownie buffie burrhead to buddhahead bule bizarre
I be Spinnin' camels on the table like a camel jockey
Ya Charlie Chi-Chi Cheesehead Cheese-eating surrender monkey
Listen! Ching Chong Chinaman, Chunky Chonky Chink
Offending Christ killer Cholos I'm Chugging Coconut drinks!
It's all Coolies n Coons, or Coonass and Crackers
Crows and Curry-munchers and Cushi asylym seeking slackers
There they go, the Dago, Darkies, Dinks n Dogans
Even Dotheads and Dune coons know Eight ball sinkin's no fun
Like Flip in verses in battlin', a Fritzed Frog Fuzzy-
Wuzzy Gable or Gaikokujin? Gin? He must've been something
I pity Gin jockey, Gin burglar Golliwog attacks
Turnin' out Gook-eye Gora, Groids ping on 'roids and crack
Goys and Greaseball Greasers are Gringos in here
Gubbas, Guizis, Guidos, Guidettes get smoked to thin air
Guineas and Ginzos, gweilos and gyppos and gyppies
With Hairybacks and Hajji Halfbreeds can get vasectomies
Haole Hebe Hillbilly like Hori Hymie Honky Huns
Ikey the car of it's injun n Ikey-mo 'til gotten Indun
Konnichiwa Fukushima Jap, I'm bringing full blown Japie
To these Jerrys n Jigaroonis jockin' these Jungle bunnies
From the Kaffir to the Kike, Kraut to Limey n Lubra
Lugans and Macacans, Macks, Malauns see the rhymin's super
Mau-Maus n Mulignans, Niglets and Nig-Nog Niggas
Hit Nips to this with me, we Nitchie Northern Monkey Nusayrs
I eat a pack of Oreos, acting Ocker at a Pancake
In the Paddywaggon with Pakehas, Maori clap go PakiPaki
Sellin' Peppered Pepsis to Peckerwood Pickaninnys
Plastic Paddy was a Piker like a Pocho Polack Grant Pommie
I'm more a cross of Porch monkey and prairie nigga
Quashie, Ragheads and Rastus bring razzamatazz to Razakars
Makin' bootlegs with Redlegs, Rednecks and Redskin,
Roundeye Sambos, Sand niggas, Sawneys and Scandihoovians
Don't get all Seppo at a Schvartse u Sheep Shagger
I seen Sheeny Sheltas Shinin' Racist cos they seen swagger'
I'm no Shiksa Shkutzim Sideways vagina pussy cooty
More a Skinny than a Skippy Slant Smoked Irish Slopey Sooty
The ace of Spades! Spearchucker! Spookin Spigotty!
Squareheads and Squintys ain't gettin' Squaws like Rapper T
T bring no Taffy with Teapots havin' Tar Babies
Taig and Teuchter jealous of my Thicklips get fast crazy
I'm yellin Timber nigga 'til a Tinker can't fix it
You a Twinkie to my Towel head Turks coated in tar bristles
Don't go Uncle Tom up in this motherfucker homie
Bring it Wetback Wigger Whitey Wogs n Wops, mature growing
I'm no racist Yellow Yankee, props if you speak Yid
But I'll put Zipperhead in rap if I want here in New Zealand

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
- Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic