Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lebron/FA discussion
    Posted: 24 June 2014 at 6:55pm
So, Lebron's opted out of his contract, any thoughts? I'm inclined to think he's headed to FA as a bargaining tool for cash more than a desire to leave the Heat, but I need to do some research on what teams could even afford him.  I do however think that his entering FA is going to take some of the interest away from Melo, which could push Melo's price down (his lack of D makes him a far less attractive signing now the best player in the league at his position is available.)  As a Rockets fan I hope the Melo rumours aren't true as we don't really need another top scorer with paper thin D but I expect that Houston will make a push for Melo now that he's no longer the "big deal" to make in FA. We had gone for him before I believe when we pursued Bosh in 2010....Not sold on Melo.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 7:19pm
Ive read the rockets are going to make an all out push for lebron. Itd be better if lebron went to the west as that would balance the east out and make it more competitive. Melo Ive read may go to the bulls but im not to sold on that. Lebron to houston is very believable imo
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 7:25pm
Please, please please link me to your source if you still have it.  I've been through years of a broken McGrady, then a broken Yao, then praying for Howard for years until he landed....if we had Lebron I think I might have a heart attack in excitement. I'm serious. 

edit - nevermind, have now seen and absorbed the ramifications. Damn, I know it'll attract mad hate for me as a Rockets fan, but if we landed Lebron.....

Edited by SwordedStylez - 24 June 2014 at 7:30pm
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 7:39pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24593226/report-rockets-to-make-all-out-push-for-lebron-james
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 8:09pm
I've done a lot more reading and I'm not sure how successful an "all out push" will be tbh.  As much as I'd love to see Lebron in a Rockets jersey it seems that it is still a "long shot."  If we don't get him, I'd rather we dealt Lin and tried to bring Lowry back (I love that guy - D, Motor, pushes the break) than pursued Melo.  I just don't see how another scorer is going to help the team with one of the worst defenses last year (and how that's even possible with D12 in the paint I have NO IDEA.) 
Music

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 9:38pm
It was too be expected that he opt out of his contract. He is going to stay with Miami. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 9:45pm
Yeah that's my outlook as well to be honest. The only team that might sell him based on market alone (and arguably a larger fan-base even though they're about the dullest fans in teh NBA i've sat with) would be the Lakers.  History+huge market could well tempt him, but it'd also require Kobe to finally realise he's second fiddle and the Lakers to add a few more pieces to back up "King James."  I can't see anyone else holding any appeal (outside of the obviosu Houston new big 3 idea.)  I'm expecting a stay in Miami, and I just hope the Rockets don't go for Melo lol. 
Music

Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 9:48pm
Well Lebrons wife tweeted a picture of Akron, Ohio and said something to the effect of the countdown begins.....a lot of ppl were speculating about that and what it meant
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 9:51pm
Would Cleveland want him back? (I'm sure they can afford him) I never even considered that a possibility tbh, would definitely be a weird one if he came back and the fans didn't rage at him after the whole Decision circus lol. I guess anybody would want him though saying that, fans be fucked he's the best addition any team can make if they're after rings...
Music

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 9:52pm
It doesn't mean anything. The media is just stirring shit up like they do with everything. They talk about him going back to the cav's every year. It's nothing new. 
Go my Minions!

Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 8:14pm
It's funny to read all this now after what happened haha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic