Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:51am
"At the end of the day one piece of negative feedback pointing out some holes, is worth a million 'Dope piece bro' bits of feedback".--- well said

XLNC View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-2-3
Form: WWLWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XLNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Exoduzt Exoduzt wrote:

"At the end of the day one piece of negative feedback pointing out some holes, is worth a million 'Dope piece bro' bits of feedback".--- well said

Sorry for thA free post....
Just to notify exo

I made u the sig.....Take A look in urbaN legends sig threaD....
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ransom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:55am
Well put Jay... but sometimes things go both ways.. Not everyone is going to be a great writer. Ppl get so caught up in word play that when someone takes the time to write a topical that they ignore what the entire post was about.. And yes everyone gets a great drop reply its just the nature around here... scriptz has a point but I still find fault in his criticism sometimes.. below average and this is garbage is a insult, in no way is that helpful... long as everyone keeps their intentions respectful then all is well.
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 3:31am
I like to keep brute, why? Cuz ppl see kindness as weakness. If I say, well it's okay, you could do this or this. No one would listen because they are never told that they may have some whack shit from time to time. Who doesn't? Including myself, I expect honest feed. If it's whack, deem it that way. Me saying something is whack or below average isn't disrespectful at all. It's brutally honest so maybe, the seed is planted to make you want to be better. That's what everyone is here for mostly right? Elevation? But I'm a nobody. Imagine if you delivered that shit to a label, market director, etc.   At least I somewhat tell it to you straight on here. And i do that out of respect for the craft. I get that it's harsh, but wouldn't you want harsh truth over fake lies?
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:27am
Everyone has their own opinion.

This all started cuz someone thought this was trash? lol

Everyone has their own opinion on what is hot and what isn't. EVERYONE.
So for anyone to say your opinion rules over all, is incorrect. So fucking what if one person likes it and then someone else says it's trash. It was a quick diss that some of us thought was decent.Know one said this was OM of the month or said it's top level writing. People thought it was decent. So fucking what.

Yea you all love the trolls hanging off your nuts in YOUR collabo feed, then try and discredit when their feed offered to others?? Why not bring this up when they drop generic shit in your piece? Oh sure then it's ok.

You'll give the generic "thanks for the feed bro" reply and keep shit moving.

For real it's fucking hypocritical BS.

Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:38am
I think there is a balance that needs to be had as far as feedback goes. I myself am too nice a lot of the time and I'll admit that, iLL made me really think about that with what he said. But if you go into someone's piece that they worked really hard on and you're like "this was complete shit" then you are honestly just an asshole. There are so many better ways to word constructive criticism than doing it in a way that may makes someone want to not write at all. If we are really a community then we should act like it and provide constructive criticism. That also goes for anyone who posts on a newbie's stuff and says "this is bad, go to the elevation centre". Okay, that does jack shit for the person who needs the help. Honestly, everyone needs to take a page from SS and Freed. They both offer constructive criticism in a way that MAKES you want to get better and they're not assholes about it. Is what iLL said right? Yeah people are too nice. But you can be nice and still offer constructive criticism and not be a straight-up dickhead and think you're really helping someone elevate by shitting on the work the person put in.

Edited by Ghul - 03 August 2014 at 4:52am
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 12:01pm
Everyone seems to think my opinion means something don't they. If I think it's trash I'm gonna say I think it's trash. And I just said everyone has their own opinion. And if someone says oh it's hot on one of my drops, I just say thanks and keep it movin. Clearly it's bullshit feedback. I agree on that. But bc I say something is whack everyone wanna catch feelings EVEN when it ISNT your drop. Crazy
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 12:23pm
This going to be quick tho, your spits blow, fuck your raps....nympho..
Bullets leave your cheeks pushed in like a dimple! /

This was weak, it's not really dissing Nigma is it. It's a generic gunplay bar and isn't great.

Quick diss, keep it simple - rip shit n' stay basic..
The way I *burn nig* got me feeling like a racists /

The whole nig/racist thing has been done before and this wasn't a very creative take on it.

Fuck it, make it public when I'm ripping on nigma..
Only way you see *I* is when you getting a *stigma* / (I=Eye)

I didn't get this at all

X'll even X your kiss bruh, fall back n you can live boy..
Xanex will make you chill, you ain't ready for the big boys! /

This wasn't a diss it was self hype

I have nothing against you Xanex, and I don't even know what triggered this diss. But you can't act like this was dope man. Only one of your 4 bars was an actual diss at nigma and even that was a weak nameplay. You can't drop 8 lines of this caliber and expect to make a big impact.

Having said that, it's good to see that you actually took to writing a verse to diss Nigma and stand up for yourself as others have said. But next time, if you're gonna make an effort to diss someone then you gotta put your all into it and show them who's boss and why they shouldn't fuck with you -  make the verse longer with more aggressive and relevant punches.
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ransom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:00pm
Point blank - look bro ill be dead honest.. if this was wrote by law or cube or scotty all you guys wouldn't say one word, ive seen some of the best cats on here have a off day and get the generic high five.. so like tre said none of the feed back on here is authentic. Any ways I could go on and on, but lets give this cat proper respect and let his post be replied to and not made out about something else.. 
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:11pm
Jay Hom dropped a few gems already and I co-sign him 500%.

@ my fellow sixshotta; you're really rocking the community lol
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 2:16pm
Honestly I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread. To me this was an okay diss with no real personals. Wasn't great and it wasn't bad it's in between. I was kind of lost at...

Someone, normally female, that eats, breathes, & lives for sex. She dreams about it, often playing it over so much in her mind that something she has never tried can be exceptional the first time done with another person. She is insatiable & always ready to play but that does not always make her a slut or whore, for she can be picky in her selection.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Ransom Ransom wrote:

ive seen some of the best cats on here have a off day and get the generic high five.. 

Exactly.

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:33pm
In fact I would go as far as to say some of the best/most popular cats on here are no more skilled than some of the less popular/average cats!!!!
That said still don't change the fact this was 4 bars with NO Hitters
Best advice....lets all try to be more honest

XanexBars View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 4-1-0
Form: WWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XanexBars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:39pm
Damn! I didn't mean to open up a war! But thanks for all the positive and negative feed. It was a quick write so it's not going to get a thumbs up up everyone.
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:41pm

Spume is right, we just all have to be more honest at this point.

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by XanexBars XanexBars wrote:

Damn! I didn't mean to open up a war! But thanks for all the positive and negative feed. It was a quick write so it's not going to get a thumbs up up everyone.

Great attitude here XB, Trust I am never an intentional cunt, neither is most of this community, stick around fam I can see you finding a home here
Good luck

@ Ghul good looks bro

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

In fact I would go as far as to say some of the best/most popular cats on here are no more skilled than some of the less popular/average cats!!!!

Well said Spume.

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 5:21pm
This going to be quick tho, your spits blow, fuck your raps....nympho..
Bullets leave your cheeks pushed in like a dimple! /
Quick diss, keep it simple - rip shit n' stay basic..
The way I *burn nig* got me feeling like a racists /
Fuck it, make it public when I'm ripping on nigma..
Only way you see *I* is when you getting a *stigma* / (I=Eye)
X'll even X your kiss bruh, fall back n you can live boy..
Xanex will make you chill, you ain't ready for the big boys! /

To be honest, there are many mistakes in this. The whole argument is ridiculous, but the people giving feedback should be more honest. I see this shit everywhere recently. Apparently no one needs work anymore and every open mic is good. Even the people that use the rating system. Whens the last time you seen an OM that was rated, rated under 4 stars. People are scared to give a true rating, so if it's not a 4 or 5 star drop they don't rate it at all. 

But first things first, if you want to have harder hitting bars and I've seen this with your battles too. You have to be more personal and leave no filler in your bars. Bars like your opener and closer in this are borderline filler, they are generic, and indirect. Be aggressive, find personals. It's okay to do a few minutes of research, find something they posted or something that happened that you can use against them and just link it in your bar, or leave a short expo below the verse. 

The way i burn nig got me feeling like a racists. 

^ Polish it. Feelign like a racists, is not polished. It takes a a second just to read it and clip the S off. It's small but that's how the readers will read it and trust me someone that is half decent will catch the small mistake. Also on the subject on that line, if you want to take it the next level up add a little bit of complexity to it or just drop the simple name play and think more outside the box. You have to realize that using racism on his name "nig" is obviously one of the first things people see when they look at his name. 

Also explain the stigma line to me please. I want to know what an eye reference has to do with a stigma. Unless you were trying to make a line with astigmatism, but even in that case the line wasn't worded up to par. 

^^ So that's real feedback. But all in all you obviously, now how to rhyme and construct a line. It's the concepts and punches that everyone is referring to that are not very strong at all. You need to be more aggressive and like I said, if you really want to stand out, make it personal. 
Go my Minions!

XLNC View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-2-3
Form: WWLWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote XLNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 5:35pm
I personally think we have politicians out here.....
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 1:57am
damn some people need to practice what they preach... lmao

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic