Forum LockedText Battle Archive: [Text] DressToKill Vs Ibesick (5-1)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Text] DressToKill Vs Ibesick (5-1)
    Posted: 04 January 2015 at 6:39pm

Due 48 hours
No flips
All votes allowed
The original comeback kid
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 6:52pm
As per the rules, names should be exact in the title, not shortened or altered.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 7:01pm
Yo..
Watch DressToKill eclipse this noob and bring the dark age
Cuz when I [Slice the page/I] I'm dealin a Sic-L like a sharp blade! (Sickle)
His bars fade, try to hit and your arms break on impact!
Your initials are IBS cuz I'm leaving your ass running with those shit raps!
My spits crack, leaving this dude bleeding knockin all of this noobs teeth in
Dress is immune to sic shots..I got mine during flu season!
The original comeback kid
Ibesick View Drop Down

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: WLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ibesick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:10am
leader of The Alliance?, this Dress is worn out n a bit too thready
Got a crew but u still reppin' Lyricist Inc like they aint kick u already!
This wild style's too witty, I'll serve him cos I aint too Greedy
Over my power lines, it's easy for me to hang J's like it's shoefiti
This kiddie aint tough, those steroids configured the twat
n this Dress is coming up short it should be considered a Skirt!

*His sig has 'lyricist inc' on it

*shoefiti is the act of tossing a pair of shoes overhead lines (his profile name's Josh) hence 'J'... Aka Jordan
Jkuz View Drop Down

Stats: 0-2-0
Form: LL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jkuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:27am
Wow. Good battle guys. I really like the word play from both of you . This is my first time voting on a battle so yes I'm a NOOB, but after reading both verses a number of times I gotta give this one to ibesick. The shoefiti line really did it for me , I thought that little scheme with the Jordan's was nice don't want to take anything away from dressed, his sick L line was sick no pun intended. But I think ibesick just had more name flips and, had a real solid verse.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 12:49am
Decent little battle here
Dtk- The first bar was clever, wasn't really aggressive but a nicely formed concept. The second bar i thought was better. Another well formed concept off his name that i thought was more direct and well exacuted. The third again, well executed and the humour hit. Very clean and clever verse if i had to be uber critical your set up could of tied into your punches more, but then again the punches were strong enough anyway.  Very consistent

Ibesick - Again more progress from you. I think you've improved with each drop. Your first bar was a nice personal. Not a haymaker but direct. Second bar,Thought it was a clever punch but felt the set up let it down a bit. Still a decent enough bar though. The last bar again would have been solid if worded better. So was just okay. Why twat? i personally think the bar has to be amazing if there isn't even an end rhyme for it to really have the desired effect. Like jerk or nerd would of carried a more similar sound. Just my opinion.
Decent showing, speaking from someone who need to as well, work on your wording.

My vote for the better executed verse.
Dressedtokill
#bananas
Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 1:05am
DTK: Your opener was clever a decent NP to get things cracking, your 2nd bar was funny as tuck I loved the IBS play I thought that was slick your closer was a bit of a step back but still a decent play. I felt the rhyme was slightly forced but the NP was clever enough to carry it through.

Ibe: Your opener was an okay shot but he didn't get kicked from LI so that kinda takes away from the punch, your 2nd bar was the multi is the set up was a tad forced to make it rhyme with "shoefiti" which again takes away from the effectiveness of the punch the "powerlines" was nice but the set up let this one down for me. Your closer was like IT's verse a step back from what went before but which hurt you more than him. The punch was a decent shot but again the set up was a real let down and "twat" & "skirt" do not rhyme no matter the pronunciation which throws you a little.

Overall not a bad little battle but I gotta go on consistency and punches and for them reasons MVGT DressToKill
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 6:58am
This was an OK battle here.. a little short though?

DTK - I. Liked your ins metaphor was a decent punch and it made sense. I thought you got a little to wordy earlier when you had tried the wordplay it messed it up a little bit but other then that good strong verse that packed a punch for only having minimum lines to use
I -   think you had the right idea in mind here Butan you tried to use the same concept to open and close which both didn't hit your last bar you screwed up the rhyming all the way through from the punchline of bar one to the end of bar 3 wording and rhyming was fucked witch threw everything off.

For an over all better verse MVGT-DTK
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 7:11am
DTK - Fine flow and good wordplay. You really didn't try much but on the other hand you weren't needing to. 

Ibe - Concept was dope but punches didn't hit well and you should probably work on personals. Overall structured well.

MVGT - DTK for better wordplay and punches
E.V.P. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 7-4-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote E.V.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2015 at 5:03pm
DressToKill:

Overall you kept a decent flow and structure to your verse, the opener was a quick jab with some nice wordplay but it wasn't the heaviest of personals. I felt as though your second bar's concept wasn't that strong but you still connected with a punch. Your closer could've been harder too but it was a decent personal.. You had a stronger verse and connected on every bar with some decent personals, for those reasons I gave you the win.

------

Ibesick:

You started this verse with a decent setup but the facts you used for the second half of it simply didn't work with facts, so ultimately this didn't have the desired effect. As for your second bar, I thought you did a decent job and came across with a nice personal punch. Sadly your final bar fell off, it didn't rhyme and the setup didn't really go with it but had you taken the time it could've been a decent closer.

MY VOTE GOES TO: DressToKill
E.V.P. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 7-4-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote E.V.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2015 at 5:04pm
*** decent setup but the CONCEPTS you used for the second half of it simply didn't work with facts,
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2015 at 5:17pm
Dtk wins 5/1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic