Forum LockedText Battle Archive: [Text] AshleyKaos Vs. The Poet (1-5)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Text] AshleyKaos Vs. The Poet (1-5)
    Posted: 14 January 2015 at 2:57am
5 bars 10 lines 48 hours house rules. Leggggo
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2015 at 7:21am
LA's rules must need some adjustments cause looking at this bitch imDISGUSTED
So imma slaughter this fag just so I can serve some "Poetic" Justice
Like my fist was a dick I would shove it down your throat and stuff it......
But that would be Counter productive since this trick would love it
Look..... a "Poet" is not an "MC"...What? "You didnt know ?"
This pussy has no flow, "T P"'s a walking dead man,call him "Edgar Allen Poe"
I Got a my 38 calibrate pointed at his fucking dome!
Go home! I said as I cocked back and sent his ass running....
Then i just had to "blast"..a kill in poetic beauty, a sight so stunning.
Then after I tossed the body into a coffin next to fucking " E.E Cummings"

EXPO
Edgar Allen Poe &.e.e Cummings are two extremley famous poets
In the poet..ya didn't know line I'm referencing to the saying "km a poet and didn't even know it "
p.s mods can u get this fucking clowns post out of our battle please? Lol
The Poet View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 8-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 11:05am
Her 4th bar.. Nay rhymes, she's dropping crap like she play dice
So Ima beat this bitch through elevation-center like I'm Ray Rice
U don't stay nice, with a score like -30 proves ya so trifle
So if I'm feeling AK shots... It's definitely from an Assault rifle
Ur crew's the worst, how's TP losing to The Alliance forces...
when DTK's the only 1 in the crew with more wins than losses
U pussies are worthless, I got this beef working out like a Plow boy
U aint shit nah, u couldn't bring heat to TP if you was a cow boy!(Tipi)
See I could raise tornadoes inside volcanoes in a deadly flash
Blaze ur Ass with a ball of flame but.... Bitch u're already Ash!

Too Easy Hoe (easy hoe)
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2015 at 3:18am
Bump
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2015 at 12:03pm
Could've been been better....

Ashley - Some powerful punchlines & some more like jabs. Decent flow and bit sign of creativity along with some nice references and wordings.

Poet - Opener was pretty flat and what I feel is, its no use dissing her crew. You have to diss your opponent. Yet decent flow but too generic verse comparatively. Should have researched more on her.

MVGT - Ashley cuz she was obviously overall better
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2015 at 2:46pm
Ash- The opener was okay, punch was a bit flat though. You incorporated "poetic justice" it always gonna be a slanted rhyme bit your set up wasn't the best choice of words to make it hit better. Okay idea though.
Second bar was okay bit generic this time but okay. Third bar okay setup, but wasn't executed well again, he's dead not a zombie so angle you took wasn't the best. 4rth bar was waisted i'm assuming its part of the setup to the 5th which was okay. It Incorporatedthe dead poet theme and was how your 3rd should of been. Probly your best bar there. I think you should make use of the deadline, this was more like a rough draft that you could of came back to , made a few alteration and it would've been alot stronger.

Poet - I'm sure no flipping is a house rule but your not the only person to do it so moving on. 1st bar was okay nice set up, and decent punch. Wouldn't of threw in center and ray rice lines have been done better. But was still alright. Decent second bar, nicely done. I liked your third as well, u put the time in to get the personal ans relevent. 4rth bar was a bit meh, nice wording but was mostly w/p more than heavy diss. Last bar was a bit light too, incoperated the ash theme but its been done better a lot of times.  I've seen you drop better, all i would say is always try to write a strong verse no matter what you think of your opponent. Wasn't alot between you two in this.

Mvgt the poet - Ash had some okay ideas and it was fairly direct it just coud of been executed better. The poets wording was better and punches were stronger. Both had a couple misses but the poets hits were more potent
#bananas
Ricaul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 5-7-0
Form: WLLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 9:56am
Good battle.. With all that researched infomation Ashley, The Poet done beat you... He came more fierce with a better flow.. But yo dude, that -30 line was kinda off tbh, and Ash ya good but sometime good isn't enough..
Mvgt The Poet

It's NOT REAL!!!! it's A SITE!!!!
The only place faggots can talk Shiite without get'n their asses kicked...
so bro..... just be cool like Ric.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 12:45pm
Battle remains 1-1. Ricaul you need to do a better job explaining your vote. The only thing you really said in that is that Ashley researched and poet had good flow the rest didn't pertain.
Go my Minions!

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 5:53pm
Ok battle...

Ash - I liked that you were clearly trying to be aggressive but It didn't really that authentic at times, like with the gun talk. Your punches were often pretty basic, the Poet jibes didn't feel that creative & the others were generic...I didn't really like that 3 line rhyme/transition you tried to work, didn't really seem to be much behind it...threw it off a bit. Poetic justice was a cool idea, but didn't really land it solidly.

So yeah, overall there were flashes in there but still a lot to work on...flow/rhythm could've been more cohesive (you want it to be smooth and to accentuate your punches). Need to cut out that generic stuff, particularly in a short battle, and you need to be more creative with your personalised ones, the Poe/Cummings ones were pretty bland conceptually.

Poet - Showed some good potential in there...I liked the opening salvo (although her 4th bad did rhyme it was just awkwardly done!), I liked the dropping crap idea...elevation centre was a cool idea but doesn't quite work for me. Type of one that you can take a generic punch and make it more personal with the setup though, so that was good. Next punch was solid, can imagine she's seen that many a time before but I thought it was cleanly done...one of those that's good not great. I also liked the follow up, cool crew punch, next one I liked as well...obviously it's a name flip on yourself but i think you can get away with one now and again...ideally you'd like to link the setup to your opponent though. Closer I really liked, cool metaphor in the setup and liked the rhyme too.

So yeah, overall you had more advanced issues to work on & I think you had a cleaner and harder hitting verse.

^^^ which is why I'm voting for Poet...landed more, landed harder, landed with better quality.

Vote = Poet
nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 5:53am
Ashley

your opener was basic but pretty decent
2nd bar was not effective at all imo
3rd bar had a nice punch but I felt you could've tied the concepts abit better
4th bat didn't rhyme on the end schemes
closer was not the best

poet

opener was fire haha classic
the ak/rifle play is played bro but I liked you fresh spin on it
3rd bar was okay but I felt the attack wasn't really that strong
4th bar was worded well that's the only positive I felt you could've came more directly
fifth bar was definitely hot and humorous too

over all I felt this supposed to be a ko for my poet he had better attacks in his verse

mvgt TP

Name of Fear View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 2:41am
Good battle..
AK - your verse had some good concepts, they were quite creative and fresh so it's good to see. I was dissapointed in the execution. I thought they could have been worded better thus leading to a harder punch. You were also quite inconsitent w/ the multies, didn't know if you were tryin to connect them in the scheme or not. Overall, not bad though
Poet - diggin your verse. Flow & multies were on point, and importantly punches were consistent. That TP bar had me buzzin, probably the stand out of the battle. Also AK shots was nicely constructed. Overall good verse..

MVGT - The Poet, execution and punches were overall better. Stay up!
Fear what you don't know. Fear what you can't comprehend.
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 10:21pm
Ash - You were on the right track at being direct and punching every bar in this one. I felt it was the creativity or lack of expanding on concepts that really didn't bring out each punches potential. EE. Cummings bar was too long of a build up, you basically used 2 lines to build up the final third one for the punch which caused it to lack some of the sting. including that one, the edgar allen poe is another example of expanding on the concepts. There is so much you could have done with that one from using one of his paintings to diss him "he's gonna have a starry night" to the fact poe cut his ear off  or just delve deeper into poe's death. Be creative and deeper with it, besides just saying he's dead like poe. Opener was alright and I thought the second bar was a bit basic and generic. Flow was okay though it.

Poet - You were direct as well, a bunch of simple plays imo, but they were all written well and read off very smooth. The Tipi line was more of a generic bar imo, the play was nice, but could have been used against anybody. Same with the elevation centre but I gave you more credit to that one with the fact AK is a woman. The crew personal was alright and I liked the closer. Overall it was consistent and you know how to write and word the verse smoothly. But you are going to have to be more aggressive, and step it up in the "personal concept" department if you are looking to take it to the next level.

MVGT: Poet - this was a good battle IMO. Poet just had a more well rounded, complete verse for me. I thought ash had the right ideas but didn't execute them. 
Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 10:21pm
5-1 Poet Wins

Go my Minions!