Sports, Media and Entertainment: Oil Conspiracy (?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Conspiracy (?)
    Posted: 07 September 2004 at 12:46pm

Postin this on a diff site, but I thought y'all mite find it interestin :D

Rising oil prices...Fact or Fiction?

As uno basically our whole society is built upon Oil...we cant function without it, we will go to war over it...But is the shortage really as severe as the government and Oil tycoons would have you believe? I forgot the figures for how much oil was being used per day with the war in Iraq (maybe some1 can go find some figures) but as I said in the other thread, the USA alone uses mass amounts of Oil in its fighter jets doing manoeveres (spell check) which they dont even need anymore really since warfare has evolved...I duno how many people know this but recently America launched plans to start drilling for oil in either America, Canada or Alaska or sum shit because of the supposed oil shortage - Really they just want to make more money for themselves because most politicians have links with these kinds of companies (though they will say they dont want to rely on "Rouge" governments that support terrorism *raises eyebrow* - Britain has terrorist supposedly livin in its borders, does America attack us? But anyway....) ...All of this got me thinking, How does the Western World actually run?

Capitalism - and what are the basic principles of Capitalism? To exploit the masses to make as much money for yourself as possible...
(For the Economics heads) How are prices set in our great charade of Democracy? Supply and Demand (you see where Im going with this?) Now they estimate there is only 50years supply of oil left (like how wud they no :S) But anyway, that is beside the point...the point is how can the American military seemingly afford to waste all of that oil when there are limited supplies of it left? Or r there? What would be the best way for you to exploit the masses if you were an Oil tycoon? To get your prices up, right? How can you go about this when prices are controlled by supply and demand? .....Exaggerate how much oil is actually left....Gives the US government the perfect excuse to spread Capitalism through the Arab world as well....

Wah y'all think?

PEace

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 5:09pm

I agree. Also, Bush is saying he'll lower gas prices if he's reelected. How does he plan to do that if there's a shortage? He's a multi-millionare. Why? Oil...

There are other conspiracies. One I believe to be more easily proven than this. The pentagon wasn't hit by a boeing 757. It was hit by a US military missile. There were no airplane remains at the crash site... pictures would clearly show... and in the World Trade Center attacks, there were remains, and that was a bigger explosion. At the pentagon, no wings or tail remained, and the wings would've broken off on impact and left outside the pentagon. The Lawn still looked perfect after the crash. There were neat holes in steel reinforced walls, something a plane can't get through. Whatever hit the pentagon was traveling at 530 miles per hour 3 feet above ground. There was a security camera that showed the approaching object (although it was very blurry and out of focus), and the object was too small to be a 757 plane. All other security cameras within a mile radius were searched and the evidence was taken by the FBI within minutes of the attack... There's a video to this... I'll send a link on msn to those interested. It's 5 MB though, so Dial-Up net users might not like that much.

Insert something rappy here
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 7:58pm

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en. htm
^ Non video...gotta read

http://pixla.px.cz/pentagon.swf

^ Video, worth the wait

I got ya back Jehu

Thickest crap View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 5-17-0
Form: Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Thickest crap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2004 at 9:57pm
good video
DPD.386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DPD.386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 1:12am

Originally posted by IceC IceC wrote:

As uno basically our whole society is built upon Oil...we cant function without it

Sure we could function without oil, it's just the convenience issue that we tend to get hung up on.  Plenty of people in the world function without using oil on a daily basis.  Sorry to nitpick there, but for the most part, I'm with you.  There was something about the US severing ties or something like that with a Sount American country that supplies us with about 20% of our oil and that pissed them off, which in part is giving rise to gas prices here in the states, and may be helping to perpetuate the war.  Maybe some people outside of the country have heard more about this, as it wouldn't really be broadcast on any stations I'd watch here.  As for there only being 50 years of oil left, they said there were only 30 years worth of oil left in the 1970s, but who really knows how accurate those statistics were.  Also, I don't really think the US has any right to go in imposing capitalist or democratic governments where it sees fit.  Democracy and capitalism don't work for every nation in the world, but then again, there may be no right answer for the situation at hand.  I don't have an answer, but I know war isn't the right answer.  About the pentagon thing, the missile thing might be plausible, but what about the people who were aboard that plane, how could their loss be explained?

The fuck if I know how the western world is run...I guess we're just so busy trying to keep up with our daily lives that it's assumed we won't have time to care about what else is going on outside of our own little worlds.  Good discussion here.

zeroeyecue View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-7-0
Form: Unknown
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zeroeyecue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 9:26pm
i'd just like to say oil or not I'm damn depressed over 1000 souljaz have been killed in this unjust war, 27 from suicide, so it's a clue they don't wanna be their either. and bush nor john kerry can say anything because both voted for the war, so I must say FUCK EM BOTH
chill,
zero
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 8:27am

Actually in a society of Globilisation how do you think we could manage? Oil provides the lifeblood for the emergency services...how could the law be upheld if the police couldnt get there immediately? That is what stops people from committing crime essentially, they think the police will be there within minutes (true enough it is an illusion but never the less it exists)
How could American companies survive if they didnt have Oil to fuel the planes that they use to transport there goods? Couldnt use cheap labour and import their produce, people would lose jobs...

People couldnt get to work, or working hours would have to be less...crippling the economy...Farming machinery wouldnt work, and you couldn't import foreign produce to deal with the demand either...

True enough, some societies can function without oil but the reality is that these socities are backward and not dependant on oil to uphold their social structure (whether you like it or not the Western world, especially American business and therefore American jobs are massively dependant upon oil...thats why you see your gas prices rising and you cant do shit about it)

Loads of other examples of why ya need oil but I aint gona go thru it, but basically it is the key ingrediant that upholds all of American and the Western World's infrastructure....

PEace

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 8:53am

If Bush is reelected, there will be a draft. 54% of the 1000 soldiers killed in Iraq (about 850 AFTER Bush said we 'won'), were aged 18-24. I'm in that group. I most likely will get drafted if it happens. If I do, I will never step foot insode this country again... Off to canada or the UK...

There is already a motion to move forward with a draft in the U.S. Congress. Kerry is more likely to oppose the draft than bush. That's one reason why I'm voting for Kerry.

DPD.386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DPD.386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 11:07am
Originally posted by King Jehu King Jehu wrote:

If Bush is reelected, there will be a draft. 54% of the 1000 soldiers killed in Iraq (about 850 AFTER Bush said we 'won'), were aged 18-24. I'm in that group. I most likely will get drafted if it happens. If I do, I will never step foot insode this country again... Off to canada or the UK...

I'm thinking of Brazil, Argentina, Australia, or Fiji

BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BiggStankDogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 1:25pm
That's what my friends all say, but I'll stay and fight. I would have been a Marine had I not gotten into legal trouble before my ship date. The US may be fucked up in it's policies, and we may not be the shining beacon of righteousness, but I love my freedom and my quality of living, and I'm willing to die for it. If we're not willing to fight for our country, and we're so ready to abandon it when duty calls, then maybe that's the reason it's in the shape it's in in the first place...

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:35pm

I see your point. But this is no longer sbout freedom. Yes, they threaten our security, but we still have our 'freedon.' Psychologically speaking, every human is born free, and to be free is natural to a human being. In america, we are 'free,' but how free are we when the media bombards us with images, words and subliminal messages every day? Contrary to popular belief, real freedon is in the mind, and America doesn't have its people physically enslaved, but they have most of us by the mind.

John Kerry wears blue ties a lot... Bush wears red ties a lot.
Doesn't mean anything when you think of it, but Bush comes across as the stronger leader when he is on TV, and it's not just because of what he says. Believe it or not, a public speaker comes across as more gentle and compassionate when his tie is blue, and stronger when he wears red.

This is only a small example of how people in America see things they don't know the meaning of and don't know they are being affected by it most of the time.

Now Bush vs Kerry in a nutshell:

You're in Brooklyn and your tire is flat. You can call two people for aid. One of them has a red tie and will let the air out of all your tires and charge you for it, and his partner will tell you that if you ever call the guy with the Blue tie, worse things are going to happen.

You can call the Blue tie guy, and he will sit in the car with you and wil be friendly, as he talks for an hour about how no one in America should have a flat tire, but not do anything.

Bush claims that Kerry flip flops on certain issues. Bush thinks everything is Black and White: 'Vote for me or you're unamerican, support the war or you're unpatriotic. Kerry speaks too soon about thinking, therefore, his opinion changes over time about a certain thing. It shows he's normal, not unstable. Show me someone who doesn't change their mind and I'll show you where his CPU is.`

I love the fact that I have real freedom. I have an education, I have a job, I have opportunity for great things. However, I am also aware of how quickly that can be lost. I'm not going to type my whole thought process, but I spend so much time thinking about shit that my reasons for saying what I said in these threads are more complex than you might think. I do resect your opinion, and you are a brave soul, but realize you lose your individuality in the Armed Forces. Boot Camp is meant to break away your individuality and make you part of a group. It makes for better battle strategy, but it also makes for a potentially psychologically fucked up person once they get back. Not to mention that there's no such thing as "free" in the Army, Marines, Navy, Coast guard or Air Force...

Why would I realy leave if there's a draft? Too much fine print. The U.S. is the greatest country in theworld at offering something with a catch. "You have freedom of speech, but..." "You can move out of NYC and live in a safer, more affordable area, but..." Maybe I'll just move to Idaho. They get more anti-terrorism money than we do in New York...
To anyone who read my essay all the way through, Thank You.

-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:41pm
You're welcome. I like the way you approached the whole thing, it was well-put, I can see BSD's opinion too, but in general tend to lean toward more your interpretation on the matter.
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
LaWleSs View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 2-5-0
Form: LWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LaWleSs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:41pm
agrees with jehu
www.soundclick.com/lawlessmc
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:00pm

Lol @ analogy...so tru tho, people like to be told what they want to here rather than the truth, thats why you get a bunch of corrupt men in power because nobody wants to hear that their society has major problems and THEY might actually have to do something about it (does not refer to going into someone elses backyard and getting your head blown off...think bout it, you go into your neighbours house without they permission, you go 2 jail for a couple of years, trespass in Islam's house, its a life sentence....think bout that)

If you want to give your life for your country, I support you...but you gotta think bout what you stand for and does your country stand for the same principles? If so, why do you think like that? Because someone told you so or did you look at everything and say "Yeah, ino there are version of the truth but ino this is right in my heart and I will die for my beliefs"...I honestly dont think there is a person in America that could say that right now, tho I duno, I could be wrong...

Problem with Kerry is that he tried to portray himself as decisive and then does U-turns, nothing wrong with U-turns whatsoever, just dont say you are the most decisive person in the World just because people want to hear it...

Yeh, i bin interupted so I 4gah wah i was gona say...so fuk it

PEace

BiggStankDogg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #7
Stats: 35-8-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BiggStankDogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:16pm

Well, I can see your point of view, and I realize that the decision I would make is not for everyone. My friends are planning to dodge for more selfish, chicken-shit reasons...

The biggest problem I see is that many of the more vocal anti-war advocates in America make scenes for publicity and trendiness more than moral-minded conciousness. Yeah, Jadakiss put out his thought-provoking song "Why?", but what else is he doing other than getting airtime and collecting a check?How many times do we see people with the greatest power to change things make flippant comments to raise controversy, only to go home and count cash?

Christopher Reeve is one such example. I know this is off the beaten path, but follow my logic. Would he be as concerned over stem-cell research had he not been paralyzed? He's touted as a champion for the spirit of the disabled, but I can say with great certainty that he wouldn't give two shits about wheelchair-bound individuals if he was not one himself. He's not brave, he's desperate. Desperate to be what he was, because he loathes what he is. Same goes for people like Michael J. Fox and his crusade for a Parkinson's cure. These are people that champion noble causes because they are in need of a champion themselves, not because they cared for anyone else to begin with.

I will say that love him or hate him, P.Diddy - the most material man every born - is doing something about the problems he sees. In his efforts to get people to vote, in raising money for charities. He's become socially conscious, and using the resources he was blessed with to at least do SOMETHING. I can't say that I know everything about Jada and his efforts, but everytime I hear soundbytes on him about the song, he's big-upping his bravery to put that song to wax, and nothing more. It's apathy like this that puts America where it is today in global opinion.

Having said that, countries like America rally around war efforts and the heroes that come along with that effort. Wars bring social commentary that would have remained dormant if there was nothing happening. It gives the civilian population something to guage their moral standing. If me being apart of something like that for the country I love brings a little change, than I feel like I'm doing more with the meager offerings I have, than a hip-hop artist covered in ice who drives to radio stations in his Lamborghini to make a fashionable political comment with no action...

Edited by BiggStankDogg

Fear the Bow of the Silent Archer
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:23pm

And this...

is a legend in his own time. A hero. A champion of sorts. Much respect to BSD.

-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:24pm
You basically raised a whole load of new points as opposed to opposing Jehu's argument there... the crux of it makes sense, and you have good examples there. Comes down to personal preference at the end of the day, I guess.
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:50pm

Well said my man

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic