Author
The VersaFire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Hunger Games

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LWLLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Book Of Psalms
    Posted: 23 April 2015 at 3:43pm

https://soundcloud.com/the-versafire/the-book-of-psalms

Been gone for a while Had to get things done but i'm back hit my email if you need me and I hope yall enjoy this track

Edited by Scotty32 - 15 May 2015 at 5:57pm
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 5:19pm
Says the track isnt availble maybe you set it to private? But anyway whats good bro it's been a minute since you been here where you been at
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 5:44pm
shit just sports and school we won a championship in basketball and that's what I was mainly focusing on so when that was over I had to get caught back up in all my school work 
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 5:46pm
Bro thats awesome and i can imagine that was quite a bit of work. yo email me that track cuz it's not showing up on soundcloud and we need to discuss a collab 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 5:53pm
aight I gotchu cuz this shit actin crazy and we gotta make another banger 
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:05pm
Bro that Serena line tho and the dragonballz reference lol i still remember our battle neither of us even tried lol. You killed this track straight up. Dopeass flow, metas and wordplay, aggression. beat is dope af im guessing you made it? And we should def do another banger i have a track i think would be perfect ima send it to you right now lemme know if you feelin it. Great comeback drop
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:14pm
Yeah I made the beat and imma hit you up when I get the beat
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:26pm
You have a nice mic presence. Diggin' the confidence. The delivery is pretty good & the flow was consistent as fuck for 98% of this. Some parts I think a word could've been removed but other than knit picking that shit it was pretty good man. The punch in couldve been mixed a little cleaner. You could tell it was a punch in. I had problems with that too when I was recording bc I mean, in the moment that take may sound differently. Emotion changes from take to take etc. Sometimes its hard to keep it consistent. Other than that man, you did extremely well.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:31pm
good looks yo it's one of the songs on my next tape I recorded it in my dorm but when I get home I'm going to a real studio to do every song over 
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:32pm
...word who you play for?
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:33pm
Just sent it
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by iLL ScriptureZ iLL ScriptureZ wrote:

...word who you play for?

Glenville state it's a D2 school in West Virginia 
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 9:03pm
This was fresh man, not just for a song on this site but for a song in general. My fav part was the nerdy reference section, something like dark as Sephiroth, and balls the size of dragonballs or someshit haha, lots of dopeness in this, well cone man.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2015 at 9:20pm
Good looks Nig I appreciate it forreal nerd stuff is the best stuff lol 
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:23pm
got dayum. you're rapping like you're trying to get paid or something. that was great, respect.
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:23pm
Versa,

This was nice. Im feeling this. Your flow was on point and your delivery is pretty good. I like the mic presence and the beat was nice. Content was nice also. Good shit man
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:31pm
First off, I don't do audio, I don't really know any of the technicalities. So my feedback is as a 'Joe Public' kind of style. I'll be dropping feed on a few Audio Mic's every now and then, so you're welcome to completely ignore it if you wish.

This sounds good, not really the sort of thing I'd listen to personally but you have a good style, a very 90s very to it. To me it felt like you were rushing a bit to much in parts, as a listener it didn't feel very natural, but it was only minor with what felt like were a stumbles.

Again, as a listener, I wasn't feelin the non-stop constant verse. If I was to slap this on my iPod as a song to listen to it'd need either a few breaks or a chorus. This is purely my own subjective opinion but I feel the listener needs 'breathers' too, to help process what you've heard and let it sink in. Without a break of some form (instro or chorus) I found my self becoming overwhelmed, unable to keep or process it and to be frank started to drift out and lose interest about two thirds in.

I thought this was an old beat you'd found, but on my second listen, I scrolled up to see your comment to Mission that you made the beat your self. That's impressive stuff, as I say, the beat as well as your own 'style' have a early 90s feel to it, so you captured that really well in the beat. There's not much more I can say about the beat, but I would say it the better part for me, not that your verse wasn't good.

Overall, you hit the style really well, with both the beat and the verse. Again, though its not the kinda thing I'd listen to personally, It's a good track. Though whether it was a 'showcase of skill' or not, I still feel it'd of been better with a break or two.

Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Young D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Young D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:44pm
wow dude, this shit proper kills it.

i actually had to check because i thought you'd uploaded a song from an established signed rapper.

But no, you just fucking KILLED IT!
Young D
Grimeeeeeeey

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The VersaFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 8:12am
thanks for the feedback y'all I appreciate it forreal yo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic