Open Mic: My Imaginary Friends - Nigma ft. Various Artists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Imaginary Friends - Nigma ft. Various Artists
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:20am
My Imaginary Friends - Part 1

CHAIN
I've got...
Portraits of paid dues absorbing the stains
Forming your brains like accordions play
Blaze a fortress to haze, shots in the night
Poppin like fires in cornfielded mazes
Warships embracing the forces they face
One day worshiped and praised, morning till bed
Then your mourning the dead and divorcing the day
They're warped in the head, an enormous debate
they'll torch your remains while the torture remains
'cause the more you're in pain, warmer the flank
Reward for this? DANG! There's a fortune to make!
I'd be ordering one like I'm Morpheus rank
Banking corporate pay from the orphans created 
Cause the corpses are straining the Coroners legs

SwordedStylez
Quoting what I wrote, I'll vocal coach you, throw you back to school
Chain just wrote an even sixteen only cause I asked him to
Gained praise and notoriety, but mostly from the wackest dudes
Wisdom within twisting off the sins that walk the Pastor's shoes
Each my arts designed inside a darkened silence, dulls the senses
Fiend for feed like preteens up on Easter eve, they drawin' tactics
Reach to be the sweetest, its the beast in me I call to action
Hide the darkness, skies have parted, time to start my souls extraction
As the rays of dawn invading on my sacred scripts of Jesus
Saintly knowledge takes my arms and drags me to his reaches
So I faced my inner darkness and I saved some bits and pieces
Now I'm faceless, I'm mid season in the phase for my completeness 
Sleeping in disguise... seem to keep behind my painted eyelids
Can't deny the path thats handed by the saints that guide me
Base my life on where it's at, then trace a line, compare the graph
Embrace alignment, take the straightened line and make a stage for flight

iLL ScriptureZ
Some days, from the lips of morning,
The fragrance within is gorgeous.
It fades in the midst of warm air,
remaining to give support where
theres pain that'd split to quarters.
The change that it gives is horded
It's made an arrisoned force, and
I'm paid like the prince of warfare
But strangely, this gift contorts me 
It made my existence shorter
A cage that persists to scorn since,
their praise from the distant morning...
It fades in the wind and warm air
Chained by the wrist for torture..
Built then destroyed, I remain here, 
Decayed in the inner cloister

Nigma
Whats dried up dies to rest beneath
So.. writings like the death of ink (RIP)
You'll like what you're digesting in
The type that finally lets you think
Priceless innovation that will turn the page and stomp your dreams
Sublimely educated, so refer your statements NOT TO ME
The way I lure in patients when murder rates are across the scene
You'd swear my earthly traits were regurgitated from Gandhi genes
The plain philosophy of a common thief, whats a lock to beat?
Constant battles caught between the audience involved and me
So toss me into shackles, I'll be lockless like my hands are magic
Walking with a swagger like the Loch Ness has been land adapted
Cognitive and laughing, I'd pursue you doing backflips
I'm studious, could use whichever moves I choose to blast with
Peruse through this and that, I'm also doing what I want, and so, I'll the walk the road of rocks and boulders with God's composure then stop to toke. It's the ganja smoke that probly wrote this, dropping syllables at will if just to rock the flow. Godly flow, so omni-potent a drop could lock my soul forevermore, bending mortal law like apothecaries plotting a dosage for apotheosis.
I'll kick back to strict format if just to know you won't lose focus
Slickly rapped to hide whats private, just, in fact, like Roman toga's
This ^ Yeah that. Exquisite grammar. Don't need people moaning bogus
Let this shift to blackness, little bats, eclipse the castle, cloned the locusts.

nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nomedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:07pm
Holy shit!!!!

Chain- your short line style was superbly done i played an instrumental and never got bored when i was spittin it out i was in control of the beat effortlessly cause you dont complicate things the mourning/day paradox was dope and was my fave line but erthang was fire

SS-haha funny opener anf though you opt for a longer line approach you make it entertaining with a few. Personals and subliminals your direct approach.this was a nice verse i also liked the end schemes and. Internals

ILL-your first bar had a total of twelve words i got to be honest this was perhaps the first time i see you prune a verse this much and damn this shit was hella neat content was awesome dark and exactly what id expect flow was butter on a hot pan and the whole verse was a rhyme dope

Nig-first of all props on putting this together you had basically all these guys styles and yours fit in your verse i saw you went short and took your style but came a bit subliminal towards the feed trend and then you went ape towards the end highly entertaining stuff the rhymes and imagery packed metaphors are your thang salute
SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:30pm
Yeah this was pretty good. My only "Issue" really is that you missed massively on both myself and Ill Scriptz' style/execution  I think, especially regarding the sort of schemes and rhythm patterns we use (me especially, you needed a way more rhythmic approach in your internals and less focus on "multies".) The content seemed to match up alot more than the technique itself for all "roles" though it was a good attempt across the board. I felt your Nigma was the most accurate though ;) haha good work.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:38am
thanks for the read and feed peeps

btw I wrote all the verses in this, hence the title. guess thats not self explanatory 
nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nomedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 4:23am
Damn that went over my head
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:12pm
Ok, this was creative you fuckgoblin. 

I read these verses and thought something was fishy. You did well on Chains verse to be fair. You did good on your verse also lol. I looked at SS's and Ill's verse and thought something was a little fishy. Didn't flow like SS would flow lol and Ill's verse didn't compare to any of his others. Still, this was a nice step up from the usual and I see actual flow in this shit man. Dope work tbh. This is the shit I like to see man.

Giggity
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:17pm
Yeh this was pretty creative nig. Props for trying it. I've seen a couple similiar attempts but it's been a while. Like said u captured chains style pretty damn well. Ills was close n I ain't read enough as to compare. You verse was needless to say very nigma. I enjoyed your verse the most, it's like a trippy journey through your mind. Each piece was pretty solid regardless of what u were doing. Propz
#bananas
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:01pm
Chain- dope opener good choice there.... the flow was on point and i really enjoyed:
One day worshiped and praised, morning till bed
Then your mourning the dead and divorcing the day
They're warped in the head, an enormous debate

this was an awesome section...

SS- i think because I've heard your voice and i know your inflection this mad it so much easier to read and flow cause your near rhymes killed it here and kept the flow perfect. great verse...

iLL- Ive come to expect the perfect flow next id like to see more wp and punchlines from you.. however this seemed to lack content this verse ONLY because the rest of the collab LOADED there verses with content. you in this case then were the perfect fit and a fresh breath of writing right where you needed to be... good verse.

Nigma- You murdered this at the end... the flow was choppy at first for me but then you got into your word play and it started to explode!

heres what i mean:
Godly flow, so omni-potent a drop could lock my soul forevermore, bending mortal law like apothecaries plotting a dosage for apotheosis.
I'll kick back to strict format if just to know you won't lose focus
Slickly rapped to hide whats private, just, in fact, like Roman toga's
This ^ Yeah that. Exquisite grammar. Don't need people moaning bogus
Let this shift to blackness, little bats, eclipse the castle, cloned the locusts.

overall: good drop and nice work all!
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:29pm
Nigma this was an interestingly dope concept. I think your version of CHAIN was the best. I could see some of Sword in his verse. I felt your portrayal of me seemed more poetic than I think I would be, though I do have poetic vibes at times. Your verse was flames.

LOL @ anyone not getting the concept that you wrote these verses
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:34pm
Hahaha thanks everyone. Gonna expand on this series and try to hit the nail on the head a little harder. Ill, I went after the style you went with on Snow Blindness or w/e that one was called but yeah I feel you on the more poetic then you woulda been comment. Thanks for the read and sorry for those that broke down every verse as if different people wrote it
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Hahaha thanks everyone. Gonna expand on this series and try to hit the nail on the head a little harder. Ill, I went after the style you went with on Snow Blindness or w/e that one was called but yeah I feel you on the more poetic then you woulda been comment. Thanks for the read and sorry for those that broke down every verse as if different people wrote it

Now that you said that I completely see it now.  That verse I did for that specific OM was completely out of my comfort zone.  Kudos on grabbing the one drop I felt uncomfortable with and matching it to a T.  
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:21am
uppin the ante
summer of punk(SOP) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote summer of punk(SOP) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:08am
"Whats dried up dies to rest beneath
So.. writings like the death of ink (RIP)
You'll like what you're digesting in"

this is honestly one of the dopest opening lines i've ever seen.
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:43am
Nah at first read I didnt know this was just you nigs....but dude this is impressive man like real talk. Chain I thought you did pretty well for the most part. Wasnt as tight multi wise as a chain verse but like i said i thought it was chain when i read it. You definently mimicked his style well. I thought that third and fourth bar were dope as fuck and that closer was nice as well. I vaguely know of swordeds style (no pun intended) but not well enough to know if you hit it dead on. I got more of YOUR style out of the sworded section but like i said idk swordeds style enough to really judge it. I hate to copy and paste all of this but this was pure dopeness and i loved this little piece here
Reach to be the sweetest, its the beast in me I call to action
Hide the darkness, skies have parted, time to start my souls extraction
As the rays of dawn invading on my sacred scripts of Jesus
Saintly knowledge takes my arms and drags me to his reaches
So I faced my inner darkness and I saved some bits and pieces
Now I'm faceless, I'm mid season in the phase for my completeness
Sleeping in disguise... seem to keep behind my painted eyelids
Can't deny the path thats handed by the saints that guide me

On ills part whoooaaaaa you used a very interesting style here. You're showing your versatility with the short bar and i thought this was easily your best verse in this drop. DAmn this was just cold; i cant quote one line because it all ran so smoothly man....you killed it here i honestly wish i could give you better feed but i mean it was just dope from top to bottom nice

nigs
The way I lure in patients when murder rates are across the scene
You'd swear my earthly traits were regurgitated from Gandhi genes

that line was fucking fire right there.

So toss me into shackles, I'll be lockless like my hands are magic
Walking with a swagger like the Loch Ness has been land adapted

ANother stand out line for me damn. overall super super creative and very entertaining man. I like to see ppl thinking outside of the box so keep it up bro

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:52am
Thanks for the in depth read and feed Zin!

Slap Banger View Drop Down

Stats: 3-9-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slap Banger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:35pm
I know you'd want me to be honest. I just don't get the Gandhi Genes bar. Can you please explain that for me Nigma? Are you tryna say Gandhi was a bad dude or where does the punch lie there?...

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 1:22am
Hey sorry Slap didn't see the question. It was patients (reciving medical attention) / patience (tolerant of waiting) wordplay and was in no way implying Gandhi was a bad man.
Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 9:34am
Slaughterhouse Nigma Cipher.

CHAIN was literally behind the mic locked in the studio with no choice but to spit tight and flow like there's no tomorrow. That was the part of the collab i enjoyed most(the opener).

What i liked about the last 3emcees is the unique styles, different taste of flows so i had to "rap" their openers right to get the full taste of the rest of the verse.

Nigma :
Dude is somehow aggresive behind the mic. I liked your opener most though, the INK line lol

This was some excellent thread yow. Keep it up.
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Sky Scrapur Sky Scrapur wrote:

CHAIN was literally behind the mic locked in the studio with no choice but to spit tight and flow like there's no tomorrow

lmao....dude.

Anyway, this was creative. It's an honor to have my style mimicked. lol
 and you nailed it some places too.

But ain't no way i'm that abstract. I dont really say shit like that do I? ...damn.

lol

Overall a superior drop.

Youre the man.

+Sick-Witted+
Sykonaut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sykonaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 10:05pm
Chains, liked the multis, tight, often, and without many repeating words. I liked the 'remains' line using the word in two different ways, not something I would've done just because I'm particular and think people will think it's a cop out to use the same word twice, but seeing it here I see it can work. Not all the punches felt liked they belonged to me, like the Morpheus rank line, but I enjoyed it. Great verse.

Sword, so for the most part solid rhymes, I thought back to school, and asked him to didn't flow correct in their set up, like they rhyme on paper but in the reading asked him to read way faster to me, but matched with all the following rhymes in the scheme. Tiny grip, nothing big. Then again with the slant draw to action/awesome tactics, I think awesome tactic without the S is a lot smoother sounding. Okay those two things aside great verse, content and vocab on point, nice man.

iLL, liked some of the subtle multis, of warm air/support air, in natural fiction makes you almost not even notice it's a 3 syl rhyme, that's dope. The force and/warfare lines three flow off, not really flow I guess but I was looking for rhymes and was disappointed they weren't their after being spoiled by the ready of your lines. Other than that you kept up the great content here, nice work man.

Nigma, loved the first couplet, both in metaphor and rhyme. Cool concept there.next line I thought would would read better like:

You'll like what you digest and eat
Food for thought, scribed destiny

Something like that idk, you could fiddle with it, it's easier to look in hindsight at someone else than write it as you're writing. The 'in' just didn't fit right in the scheme. I liked the message of what you wrote here, some clever metas and descriptions like the one I mentioned. Dope piece, all in all. Each verse was well done. Good work here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic