Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offers of help...
    Posted: 20 August 2015 at 7:58pm
Thread is intended for members to offer proposals for things to be run on the site as well as offers to help run said activities. I.e. Trizzy came up with the idea of Bloodlines and ran it, or Manc with Luck of the Draw. The site is more sustainable and entertaining if members step up with ideas and innovations like this & we're open to listening to offers of help.

We have our own ideas and will be looking to launch some new additions in due course, I personally would be happy for members to offer to contribute or run these features on behalf of the site.

Over to you!!
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 1:49am
The last 2 years I ran Bloodlines and Bloodlines II in July. If there's interest I'd be down to run a Bloodlines III battle event with some help from a mod.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 2:58am
I would also be interested in an event like Trizzys, but have it be audio only. Maybe like a 6 match card.
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 3:45am
I think it would be funny if we had a roast once a month. We do a poll and pick which member we want roasted. (I'll be the first ;) We dedicate a thread to either audio or a 16 of funny bars meant to make us laugh. Everyone can participate and we have a separate thread for discussion. 
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Trizzy Tre Trizzy Tre wrote:

The last 2 years I ran Bloodlines and Bloodlines II in July. If there's interest I'd be down to run a Bloodlines III battle event with some help from a mod.

You always ran Bloodlines pretty well. Things such as the timeframe's will have to be sorted out for the III one with Heat Wave going on and other implementations that may come. But speaking for myself, I'd say your more than welcome to run another bloodlines and I'd help mod it. I am sure the rest of the staff would agree with me. 

Originally posted by Elite Elite wrote:

I would also be interested in an event like Trizzys, but have it be audio only. Maybe like a 6 match card.

Maybe when and if the time comes, you two can collaborate and have a full card of both audio and text. Turn it into a bigger event, instead of splitting the two apart. 

Originally posted by barrybondz barrybondz wrote:

I think it would be funny if we had a roast once a month. We do a poll and pick which member we want roasted. (I'll be the first ;) We dedicate a thread to either audio or a 16 of funny bars meant to make us laugh. Everyone can participate and we have a separate thread for discussion. 

I really like this idea and I have seen this successful elsewhere. I will bring it up in the discussions amongst the staff. 
Go my Minions!

hanGing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Not to be Fucked With.

Text Rank: #8
Stats: 30-10-6
Form: NNWLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hanGing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 9:34pm
Always about if extra help needed. You know how to get hold of me. (no - not a bat signal - a PM works just as well)
"Sicker Than Thou"

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by The Law The Law wrote:

You always ran Bloodlines pretty well. Things such as the timeframe's will have to be sorted out for the III one with Heat Wave going on and other implementations that may come. But speaking for myself, I'd say your more than welcome to run another bloodlines and I'd help mod it. I am sure the rest of the staff would agree with me. 

Originally posted by Elite Elite wrote:

Maybe when and if the time comes, you two can collaborate and have a full card of both audio and text. Turn it into a bigger event, instead of splitting the two apart. 

Originally posted by barrybondz barrybondz wrote:

I really like this idea and I have seen this successful elsewhere. I will bring it up in the discussions amongst the staff. 

Thanks law, I thought I ran it pretty well too lol

But sounds good to me, as I'd like to get more active here again. Just been busy with work. But I'm around more now and would be down to put BL3 together. This time maybe throw a few new spins on the event, maybe even have a few battles voted on and see what people want to see. The last 2 I picked the battles and PM'ed each battler if they'd be interested in whatever battle idea I had for them. Example picture battle, which seemed to be a favorite for most of LA at bloodlines. Kiki's pictures from the first bloodlines is still classic shit lol

But yea law, we can chat about it and throw some ideas around. I always enjoyed running it as it always was huge success.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:30pm
I would like to add a voting panel as well. Not sure how everyone feels a out that, but think it would limit anyone having issues with voting also speed up the votes and keep the event running smoothly. I remember last year's main event title match between Art and Point (which was dope as fuck btw) took awhile to get votes. Shit was close as hell but getting some top level respected vets on a panel could help that.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:33pm

I would like to add a voting panel as well. Not sure how everyone feels a out that, but think it would limit anyone having issues with voting also speed up the votes and keep the event running smoothly. I remember last year's main event title match between Art and Point (which was dope as fuck btw) took awhile to get votes. Shit was close as hell but getting some top level respected vets on a panel could help that.

Was thinking the same, except my idea was once all the battles are in and we decide a panel, preview the battles for them and get their votes privately so we can post all the battles at once, as well as the votes with them, so it could get done in a day and make it feel more special instead of feeling like a one round tourney because of voting
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:41pm
Honestly I wouldn't want to post all battles at once with votes. Takes away from the build up and excitement.

Normally at bloodlines I start from the bottom of the event card and post 2 or 3 battles at a time. Then let the votes come in, close out those battles. Once they're closed, open up and post the next 2 or 3 battles. In that sense it's more of an "event feel" then just a ton of battles posted at once.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:42pm
Yea i got you, good shit
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:46pm
Good stuff guys, would be good if we could limit this to the initial conversations and move the detailed chat to separate threads...idea is we keep this as clean as possible so people can continuously bring forward new ideas.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:55pm
Relative to how busy I am with work, and what's needed. I'd be happy to help out.
#bananas
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 10:58pm
As always the main event would be a title match at bloodlines.

One idea I had was starting a thread at a point, and have everyone list a bunch of battles they'd like to see. Then from that list we post a poll of maybe 4 or 5 battles, let LA vote on which battle they'd like to see. Which ever one with the most votes happens at bloodlines. That would just be one of maybe 8 to 10 battles on the event card. Would be interested to see what battles LA wants to happen.
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2015 at 3:37am
Im a pm away. sorry cuba I couldnt respond to you before, but ive got m pm issue sorted out now
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 4:10pm
Also, just a suggestion....but I think it's time to reopen the Fuck Y'all section.

I completely understand why it was locked up before, but think it's a good section to open for the LA community again.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 4:20pm
I agree ^^^

It's stops the shit talking in other threads, also creates the back stories for beefs so people drop decent material.
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2015 at 4:37pm
If you have a problem take it to the battlefields...that's what call outs is for.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 8:46am
Does anyone want to run The Gauntlet? (see Emcee Longue)

Would prefer applications via PM
King Soul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 9:00am
Only thing I can offer is help running the topical and poetry sections. Keeping them clean and updated. Come up with fresh ideas as the times feels right. I'm currently the Open Mic Mod on another site and been doing this shit for a decade. So I kinda have an idea of what's what. Otherwise the site looks good, just needs more active members but nowadays that's hard to come by anywhere forum related. I'm impressed though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic