Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:01pm
Shiiit.. Oh well, not much that could be done about that, despite who disappointing that is.
Faggot
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:02pm
I guess if people aren't showing interest and trying harder in this kind of shit, why should the mods bother opening shit up if so many people are gonna disrespect, or at least ignore it?
Faggot
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:05pm
Smh does anybody read.

They stopped om of the months through lack of interest, it says it on this same thread ffs.
#bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:09pm
No I didn'g catch it... iS that so much of a problem? I know now, end of. Why does everything have to be such a fucking big deal?
Faggot
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:12pm
If I knew I was going to have to waste this much time explaining why we scrapped the OM of the month when there is a specific thread for that exact conversation I might've kept the fucking thing going.

And now we're off topic. So either post in this thread concerning an actual offer to help (which doesn't include vagueries) or get a ban.

I am very willing to give active demonstrations to anyone who doesn't understand.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 11:23pm
Yup, moving on.

I'd be very happy to run a tournament in the future whenever a new tournament is wanted.. I've run 2 tournies before elsewhere, so it's not like I'm in the dark with it all. Hit me up whenever a new tournament is required, and I'd be happy to help with it or even run it.
Faggot
King Soul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 12:19am
Well, I did offer to help, but I got ignored. You are way too strict, fucking relax, it's a forum not a concentration camp.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 7:40am
KS banned for a day for free posting.

Offers are all noted, just because I don't go OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH doesn't mean I'm ignoring them.

As I believe I said before, we'll be considering them after Heat Wave is completed.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 6:46pm
i really enjoy reading those magazines (not from here as i havent seen one yet, but from other sites). I think i understand how to put them together based on what i've read. i'd like to write up a mag for the open mic if you want. being the new guy, i understand theres a show and prove kind of thing but again, i've read a few very good magazine and i would love to actually write one. lemme know. 
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 6:59pm
The open mic wouldn't be the right place for it (unless you did in rhyme form) but the way I'm thinking in my mind would be a board for magazine style content so you would be very welcome to contribute
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 9:36pm
oh yo want to do a site-wide mag? i haven't read any of those yet and would imagine it will take some effort, but i'm down to help. I was referring to mags for individual forums. I know yall don't like to mention sites but the site i signed up on, they had a mag in the open mic. it was pinned so people can just look through it. there were piece breakdown. top 5. archive spotlight etc. it was very cool to read. But yea a site-wide mag, i'd imagine would be much more difficult to construct.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 11:22pm
i knida like the idea of an open mic mag...i also would be willing to contribute a lot more considering this is now my off season

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

The open mic wouldn't be the right place for it (unless you did in rhyme form) but the way I'm thinking in my mind would be a board for magazine style content so you would be very welcome to contribute

As he said we have been discussing a separate board for the magazine content. However, since we don't have that yet. If you guys put something together for it, I will be willing to sticky it up. No harm in putting work in for the site. 

However, on the flip side, if it is getting no attention from other members and your hark work is getting wasted, I don't see how long it goes on for. You have a thumbs up on my end for now and it could be something to mix in and bring the OMOTM back into play. But if you guys are gonna do it, then do it, don't just say it. Thumbs Up
Go my Minions!

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 5:14am
ok sounds good, i'll jump on it. I can draft one by tomorrow night. i'll send it to you and Exoduzt (let's collaborate on this project, bro) and yall can add/edit or suggest anything that might make it a better read?
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 6:29am
Scotty.... Get at me
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 7:23am
any member is always welcome to pm me. I aint the greatest, Shit.. Im not even top 10. But ill give back to the community that helped me grow. I aint one of those vets who has the elitist mentality. I want to help the people coming up. I aint as active as Id like. but anyone is free to pm me with questions, advice, anything. Ill get back to you as soon as I can
+Sick-Witted+
WolfMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WolfMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 11:14pm
if any advice holla I'm new to the site but been rapping/writing/recording other genres of music for 15 years. Im just getting back into forums hoping this site is a bit more active than I've seen others!
~Record~

Wins … Losses

..0.. …   .. 0..

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2015 at 4:01pm
So...I said I would be back after Heat Wave finished to review the offers. Just turns out it took a little longer than we all envisioned...

Looking at the current state of play I've delivered Heat Wave, created Battle Royale (please go and sign up), created the LA magazine and continued to operate The Gauntlet for those of you who were interested. As well as try to direct traffic on the Open Mic a little better with the sticky thread I created.

I think we have some good ideas in here, particularly the Roast concept as well as a BL3. What I feel we need from the community right now are these three things:

1. Giving feedback on Heat Wave so we can learn the lessons and put on better tourneys/events in the future.

So far I've had 0 feedback which means I will have to rely on my own thoughts going forward. That's fine, but I want everyone to have the opportunity to give their honest opinions.

2. Taking the opportunity to ensure we have a thriving magazine section.

This is the first real initiative when I'm putting the ball almost entirely in your court. I'm not going to submit any content, if you guys want this site to be interesting/entertaining and have extra elements like this then you need to make it work.

3. People to step up and be counted.

Thankfully lots of people offered help first time around, now is the time for you guys to deliver on those good intentions. That can either be something big like running The Roast or something smaller like committing in your head to spend 20 mins reading/feeding open mics. It will all add up to making LA a better place.

Thanks
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 12:53pm
Hey Cuba I don't mind re-starting The Gauntlet thing if it's not a bad idea '.. Like I don't mind offering weekly "challenges" to the whole of L.A. or to individual members who are happy to compete/co-operate in them..
Faggot
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 1:40pm
I will PM you later today...in principle, very happy for you to have a crack @ The Gauntlet but that's responding to people's requests for challenges. Idea being, someone comes online and wants to do something...they go to The Gauntlet and get a quick challenge which they go away and do.

As part of that thread I also said I might create a CALL TO ARMS every now and again which is like an open site-wide challenge. If you want to do something like this that would be cool but just need to make sure it sits within a couple of initiatives we are due to launch after Battle Royale is finished =]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic