#8 DJ Flame

Reserve list

1. Trizzy Tre

RULES

8 lines each
Battlers 1 and 2 contest first round
Battler 1 drops first, Battler 2 second
Winner stays on thereafter
Challenger drops first each round (24 hours MAX from when winner is confirmed)
Most votes per round wins (24 hr time limit...or any 5 vote deficit = KO)
Cuba casts any tie-breaking vote
Crew votes allowed
All other rules House
Final round winner is text title #1 contender

ROUND 1 - Shankley vs Absolute Abomination

Shankley drops by 8pm 11th Dec
Absolute drops by 8pm 12th Dec
Voting closes APPROX 8pm 13th Dec

My decision is final.

Winner faces Concrete for shot at LA Text Title

Good luck

Edited by Cuba - 04 January 2016 at 10:13am
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2015 at 9:25pm
Shankley is out. Beans replaces him.

Absolute drops first...due in 24 hours, so 9:30pm UK time 12th Dec
Beans replies by 9:30pm UK time 13th Dec

*edit by Scotty*

For our international members, you can find the current UK time on the about page, link in navigation bar. No excuses.

Edited by Scotty32 - 11 December 2015 at 9:47pm
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 12:07am
damn shank, that sucks. thought i had some good stuff for him.

---

Shank set the table up I guess it's beans tonight, in heinz sight Oliver woulda been a much harder fight
But it's alright, crack open a can I just might, look at your pic, you ain't bright, one bar already KO, good night

Ollie reached for the stars n fell flat, 4 4's and Best OM is your habitat, but they're all features, imagine that!
Me n you mistmached, but pray I don't snap or you get slashed, left handicapped and quickly dispatched!

Hayes was subbed in, he took a chance he, couldn't foresee that it'd be against me, you ain't comin back even with necromancy
You a lion if you dandy, that means you fancy, brown nosing is just sycophancy, and I bet that Ryan is just a moniker for Clancy

Bean strings punch after punch but nowadays they all graze, every line is more cliches, let me rephase, they all overplayed n still receive praise
Evident that Ryan Hayes is part of the gays, portrays as a killer but betrays the message he conveys when he strays away to watch ballets

shanks name = oliver
beans name = ryan hayes (I guess from his snapchat name lol...)
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 9:45pm
see...
that ^^ just multi's n flow W/NO punch. How's this dweeb repped?
nothing he swings set is fun but is more played & ran through than recess
Rub B the wrong way? bones'll crack, I'm jus showin facts
we know that Bengay..so I'll easily out muscle'em @ my Most relaxed
every opponent Towers over you, verse proves all u do is dive
ya sky scrapour drop.. didnt work, but thats how we wish You would die
I get drunk & Drop bars..<--- now im 'Stalin' this user
ppl who fallow AA arent a vet here... but most likely alchohalic abusers

Expos: cos you all are retards
bar 1... swing sets or on playgrounds/recess...swinging punch.
bar 2 his names Ben, its in his profile, bengay is a muscle soothing rub
bar 3 he lost to sky scrapour...some of u may live in holes but sky scrapours are tall buildings
closer is a played name flip, and this is a keystle so hate it or love it. AA is alchohalics anonymous here in the states. for your drink problems

1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 9:53pm
Votes...

Closes @ 9:30pm Monday
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 10:18pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

abbs your first bar was almost nice had a good set up but fell flat at in the second half

Shank set the table up I guess it's beans tonight, in heinz sight Oliver woulda been a much harder fight
But it's alright, crack open a can I just might, 

and then it starts to fall off

look at your pic, you ain't bright, one bar already KO, good night

weak

2nd bar abbs again good set up with a personal jab but failed to land a heymaker

pray I don't snap or you get slashed, left handicapped and quickly dispatched!

is not really attacking your opponent 

and in the 3rd bar you did a good job diggin up his real name if that is his real
but you did not use the info very well and what you put together done nothing at all

4th bar
im gonna say it again because its true you started of nice with a good set up
but the strayin away to watch bellets shit completely threw your closer off

some of your set ups were nice but not much connected 

beans your first bar was a direct hit even tho it was stretched out a little you got a valid point across
that ^^ just multi's n flow W/NO punch. How's this dweeb repped?
nothing he swings set is fun but is more played & ran through than recess

2nd bar
nice name play good flow solid hit
3rd bar
again this was a good hit using a personal with a nice flow
4th bar
didnt flow as welll but still a decent name play

so after going threw both drops a few times
its clear to me that 
MVGT : Beans
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 10:41pm

Absolute Abomination

i really liked the way you started the first bar, making reference to the fact Shankley dropped out and Beans stepped in, thought that was cleverly done, i think that should have been it in terms of making reference to shankley though, Beans is the opponent, so it needs to be aimed at him, the first bar didn't really have a punchline as such just a line saying that you've already KO'd him. gonna need to be a lot more creative than that to take out Beans dude. man is that second bar just straight dissin Shankley? dude come on, this needed to be changed to reflect that the opponent had changed. i can't really feed that bar as it's completely irrelevant. third bar was a bit better as you went in on Beans, i didn't understand the punchline to be honest, it just read like a bunch of multies that didn't connect with each other that much. closer now and it was your best bar easily, but again it just didn't have that hard stinging punchline, if those multies lead up to a sick metaphor punchline to close it out it would have been pretty good.

Overall - you need to write punchlines before doing anything else, they are the thing that's going to win you battles. think you're going to struggle to go far in this battle royale.

Beans

firstly, don't like the way you started, i've always had an issue with feeding off of the opponents drop because of the lack of originality it shows. hmmm the swings set thing is so awkwardly worded it feels a bit forced man i gotta say, i get the concept behind the whole playground theme but that ruined the punch for me. liked the second bar, kept that concept throughout the bar which was nice, perfect nameplay, nice strong hitting punchline. third bar was ok, the sky scrapur thing worked but i just didn't feel it was as hard hitting or creative as your previous punchline, but it's still decent. fourth bar, i mean i think you almost know what i'm going to say, for the initials AA let me list things that are played 1.Alcoholics anonymous... 2.Batteries... 3.Breakdown Cover (UK) so if you're going to use those initials for a diss, it needs to be a hell of a lot more creative than the alcoholics thing.

overall - i think you went easy after reading his verse, i know you have more in your locker.

Verdict - unfortunately i have to say it's a very easy decision. Beans showed a higher level of technique and takes this one with his punchlines.

Winner - Beans

Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 10:48pm

AA first bar I saw you trying to use a food scheme; it was executed poorly; and there was no punch; the idea you had was good; you just have to find a way to connect that scheme and tie it all together with a punch at the end. Second bar was a good attempt at a personal; but you just didn't tie it together with a good punch; I would avoid those general disses like you'll get slashed etc etc each line should be tailor made to your opponent. In a short battle like this you have to make the most of your lines. Third bar was cool; I see what you were trying but if you don't connect those ideas the lines are gonna keep falling flat; last bar; no. The opening line I like then u got crazy at the end. Your bars are very long and drawn out; try to shorten them get rid of some of the filler; incorporate some multis and diss your opponent directly. You have potential; you'll learn from this battle and come back stronger.

Beans
I liked the opener that was a nice scheme; I'm not a fan of bengay flips but I think this passes as you worded it well and it connected; third bar lol harsh and direct; definently another solid hit there; closer ehhhh wasn't really feeling it; only so much you can do with an aa punch; overall three solid bars got j the win easily imo good battle by both
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 11:07pm

AA - major piece of feedback is to work on your flow/rhythm/structure. You had multiples of rhymes, but they were basic & they didn't really go anywhere. You executed a series of simple disses & didn't sctually attempt to throw punches. Punches are most effective way to do damage in a short form battle like this & not doing that is a killer. You need to write a coherent verse from a structural POV to deliver your punches as well. A basic tour of duty through the open mic should give you that understanding. Creativity-wise I did like your idea of playing off Shanks not turning up and throwing that into dissing Beans, but you didn't really deliver anything incisive. Some of your wordplay in the opening lines was clever but to what end? Didn't end up with a hard hitting punch (or really any punch at all).

Overall you did ok, but in terms of a battle verse this was very basic and unremarkable.

Beans - felt like you went through the motions a bit. You delivered consistent punches. Opener I quite liked but maybe could've trimmed down the word count to make it a bit sharper. Rest were ok, more than enough for this battle but I think you will need to sharpen up your concept/diss combos against later opponents, which I'm sure you are aware of.

Overall Beans did what he had to do here, delivered consistently with punches more than good enough to see him advance.

Vote = Beans
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 11:10pm
Just so everyone is aware...I'm going to make this BEST OF FIVE VOTES for future rounds. Feel like first to 5 is a bit unnecessary.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 11:56pm

Gonna toss up a vote from my phone so it'll be brief however this one was one sided imo.

AA you had issues consistent throughout your verse that hampered the potency of your punches. You are gathering information and that work towards personals but you really didn't conjure anything that landed with impact.

Beans this wasn't your greatest battle verse but you had punches that landed which all you needed to achieve to solidify the victory.

An easy vote here, AA needs work developing 3ffective punches and was outclassed this outing

+1 Beans
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 12:04am
That wraps it up, 5 votes in just over 2 hours (surely an LA record?!) results in a comprehensive victory for Beans in the first stage. Onto the next one, against a more established opponent.

Beans, you drop by midnight on Monday (24hrs from now)
Exo, you respond by midnight on Tues.

Voting closes by midnight on Wed, or whoever is first to 3 votes. My vote is the deciding vote in a tie situation.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 11:58pm
Expo's
Bar 1: He's only been to two champ matches and lost. the events were bloodlines and Heat wave
Bar 2:Kleenex is facial tissue
Bar 3:Barry Bondz is the worst writer/audio head on earth. Bondz means to build a relationship
Bar 4:WWE refrences. Dustin rhodes is a vet/HOF who recently passed away. stone cold with the rock...cold with the gun 
for you knuckle heads who dont know

EXOOOOOOO we meet again. too bad its only 8 bars

lets go!

see...
Every shot @ the strap U get bodied. watch B buck @ a tough guy
Cos letting the Heat Wave aint the only proof theres no champ in ya Bloodline
These Bars be swingin blades, I'll cut str8 through this disgrace
Every punch is clean,Ex(Kleenex)..you could use a whole Box to covor the wounds on ya face
We homies dawg, but I'll back stab quick if I had to & Kill
I'll follow up & Barry Bondz, cos ya last showing proved you shadow his Skill
nothing bout U is GOld,Im Stone Cold When the Rock calls ya name
One hit have Dust In Roads...Dead WAAAY before this vet can even get in the Hall Of Fame

*Closes Casket*
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 6:38pm

Expos
Bar 1: he's never won a title,when u buy a car you recieve a title
Bar 2: I KO'd him in a tag battle, His HOF OM was a cypha that I was in
Bar 3: He's been pm'n me trying to join my crew LI for a while
Bar 4: he always battles noobs n got banned for advertising an off site tournament, he never won one

You have 'no drive' to be a champ, you just dwell & 'idle'-
Buying your first 'car' is the only time you ever 'held a title'-
It's been a while, since I KO'd you but I guess your not speaking on it-
The only respectable OM u had was a cypha,  only cus I was featured on it!-
Lets be real with it ya average,  & I'm not being evil with malice-
But stop pm'n me to join LI, cus we only accept people with talent!-
You only battle noobs so your respect has been pretty grim for years-
You got banned for advertising an off site tournament cus you couldnt win one here!-

Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 7:48pm

This was a good battle both had some good bars here...

Beans: I liked the heatwave/bloodlines bar I thought that was cool. I thought the Kleenex wordplay was a little forced but the bar itself was decent. I liked the humour you incorporated into your verse, you had some decent punches but I wasn't a fan of the Barry bondz bar I felt it fell a little flat.

Exo: I really liked your first 2 bars you came out swinging the first bar was cool I liked the meta it was an interesting way to go with it but I really liked the second bar I liked how you said he only had one good OM and it was you that made it so almost like a back handed compliment. You other 2 bars were good kept up the pace with decent personals.

Overall a good battle between two good battlers that came hard but I feel Exoduzt has edged this one he had a slightly better verse and got a better reaction off of more of his bars than beans.

MVGT Exoduzt

Edited by Cuba - 15 December 2015 at 7:54pm
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 7:56pm

Beans - Everytime you drop a verse. I struggle with the flow first time I spit it. I have to adjust to get it to go. Almost seems like you write without a beat. So enough of the flow shit.

1st Bar - Setup was ehhhhh but the punch was pretty nice. I liked that a lot.
2nd Bar - Setup was didn't really go complete with the punch. Wordplay felt a little forced but still coherent enough I understood what you were saying. This was an ok bar
3rd Bar - This was pretty good. Though we all know that Exo can talk with more flow and delivery than barry can rap lol.
4th bar - The closer was nice. Really liked the way it came off and the punch was nice.

Exo - Havnt read many of your battles so im fresh with reading this type of shit from you. This came off very Exo'ish hahahah.

1ST BAR- Flow was nice and your setup n punch landed nicely. Pretty creative yet simple. Defo nice opener
2ND BAR- Wasn't feeling this. Seemed more statementish and I got where you were going but seemed more like a jab than a punch
3RD BAR - BOOOM, This was nice hahahaha. Liked the straight forward punch and personal
4th  BAR - Another nice personal and straight forward with a nice setup and punch

__________________________________________________________________________________

MVGT EXO - His punches where more personal and his flow was outstanding. His direct punches made a big difference. Also his subtle wordplay helped with flow so I didn't have to stop and think much about what he said. I already understood what he said. Beans came with more wordplay and metas but they weren't assembled well to grab this win.
Jason View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 10:13pm

Beans - decent, as a WWE fan, I enjoyed those last lines, especially the dusty Rhodes line/hall of fame line, it was very creative. Honestly, these are the only lines I liked, the others didn't do it for me.

Exo - good verse too, although at times I felt like you were making statements and praising yourself instead of taking direct shots.
'The only respectable OM u had was a cypha, only cus I wasl featured on it'
This is where you don't diss beans, but give praise to yourself.
URThe 'you only battle noobs'line also came across as a statement to me, since it doesnt diss beans in anyway, nor have any impact.

I thought the following lines were dope:

Buying your first 'car' is the only time you ever 'held a title'-

But stop pm'n me to join LI, cus we only accept people with talent!-

You got banned for advertising an off site tournament, cause you never won one here (ouch!)

Exco takes my vote!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 10:36pm
That last vote was borderline acceptable (Jason, please follow suit in terms of the level of explanation other guys are providing in the thread if you vote again in future rounds)...however upon reading the verses I think Exo edged it, so on that basis & for expediency I'll let Jason's vote count.

Beans is eliminated...onto the next one.

Exo you drop by 22:35 on Wed
Rutter you respond by 22:35 on Thurs
Voting closes by 22:35 on Fri or best of 5.

Good luck
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 4:36pm
Scrap that I got my verse ready. Gd luck ex.
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 8:10pm
Exo has been called into an emergency at work...since you have your verse Rutter could you drop it tonight & then we'll say Exo drops tomorrow but no flips.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic