levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 7:51pm
Dam can't believe u got these all in in only six lines that in itself is crazy kept a solid flow an rythm threw out aside from the last line I thought this was flawless but the last line rolled off a lil awkwardly but a solid piece non the less good shit neek stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
AZ-DA-GOD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 8:18pm
Interesting piece.  I enjoyed your style and approach on this one. Although quite short you managed to fit in quite a lot in 6 lines and the verse itself operated well. The internals were there while the rhyme scheme, although basic, was consistent throughout until the last line of course. Imo, I like when the last line is it's own rhyme completely by itself, especially when pulled off right. It really comes across as more powerful and memorable.

Criticisms: The rhyme scheme was a little basic, and the flow was choppy. I get that it's a topic verse; but I should be able to pick up off that when reading it, not just because I read the title.. dig? Even then, I didn't get much pulse that this was pertaining to "Suspect Zero." Pretty vague topic anyways, could've gone a million other approaches of course.

Your vocabulary is... dare I say...ADEPT (you like that one?). I think you should spend time on whatever it is you're trying to say before the rhymes and definitely incorporate linking lines together. Set-ups aren't just exclusively for punchlines. This is a solid piece but needs WAY more connected-ness with your previous lines. Try this. Separate every line and re-organize the order. You can practically read off every line individually and there still wouldn't be any confusion because not one single line connected to the other. There all just unconnected sentences.

But nonetheless, good approach like I said. I want to see you incorporate more of what I said into your writing.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 11:21pm

Originally posted by AZ-DA-GOD AZ-DA-GOD wrote:

I think you should spend time on whatever it is you're trying to say before the rhymes and definitely incorporate linking lines together. This is a solid piece but needs WAY more connected-ness with your previous lines. Try this. Separate every line and re-organize the order. You can practically read off every line individually and there still wouldn't be any confusion because not one single line connected to the other. There all just unconnected sentences.

But nonetheless, good approach like I said. I want to see you incorporate more of what I said into your writing.

NOTE: DUE TO ME HAVING TO BREAKDOWN MY VERSE, I WOULD LIKE IT DISQUALIFIED AS IT HAS COMPLETELY LOST ITS PURPOSE.

suspect zero was about that im calculated with my brutality, hard to catch and I kill killers, but I digress…

only thing I disagree with.. is your assessment of nothing connecting.. everything else is subjective and I appreciate your opinion.

opening line I state what it is I do (cause Atrophy) further down the line I explain how this is done..not casually neither, no sir.. in great detail. lets begin…

similiar to the valentines day massacre or an ordered "black out" - however you want to slice it. my only rule is I have no rules. anything is fair game - then I further tie this in by using a warren G reference and play on regulators/regulation. The G Code, yada yada yada - essentially I am ruthless with it..lets explain how.

unmitigated natter turns to yammer, debellation
demonstratin' suture, and loop your lips adjacent
emaciate without hesitation,

this section here? casual conversation turns to "mmmm!!mmmm!!mmmm!!" like the Aaron Burr 'Got Milk Commercials".. debellation is my result. you still following? cool.. demonstratin suture.. you familiar with the rapper stitches? google an image of him for help on where I went with my suture play.. and you find yourself right back to yammer. also - emaciate would be the byproduct of such a demonstration of suture. but all of this ties into the opening line.. because I, as initially stated..cause atrophy.. so here we are nearly done with the verse and absolutely everything connects from the first line.. to the end here..

debunk captivation

kinda self explainatory, but fuck it - I destroy any other thing which causes amazement. nobody fucking with me.. if you thought you was amazed before..in the words of the shamwow guy in his chop slap video.. youre going to love my nuts.

my pen game sylvan - a debonair bob ross paintin'
definite deficit, opposites polar no chill like ebola

now I explain HOW I debunk captivation.. my pen game sylvan.. heres where youre like "yo bro!! how the fuck is your pen game tree's in a forest and shit? yo pen game being a wooded area makes no sense, B!!" well kind sir.. my pen paints a large picture quickly (where Bob Ross paints quickly.. its not very debonair.. its not something youd find in Bill Gates home, but if his paintings were a bit more debonair… itd be equal to my pen game- so you see old friend..fuck it)..

definite deficit.. you are certainly behind on the score cards.. how far behind? as far behind as I am ahead.. opposites polar..

oh.…and this breakdown proves I have no chill…

like ebola.

now you were right, you can order them in any way and they work.. but thats because unlike what you said - they all connect and equal one message.

if you dont understand something.. its ok to ask. on the flip side of the coin tho…just because you only catch the surface, doesnt mean its simple.

but I know you were just trolling me :) and I forgive you.. only cause AZ is a super cool rapper guy dude man person.

and I said ALL of THAT to say this:

next time I will try super hard to write something you like instead of something I like, sorry about that man.
#Bananas
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 11:37pm
Well well well, 6 lines & you used all 10 words lol very nice!!

I don't feel like you have to break it down for those who miss your point. That's their problem & you shouldn't be made to feel like nobody else will get it just cuz one person doesn't. Fuck that!!
This was tight though dude! While most probably had to google some definitions, you showed an effortless way of using the list without the need for 10 lines. Your vocabulary has always been a strong point in my eyes, and this verse reinforces that skill you have in being able to make a person understand a word they might never have got before. Personally didn't feel like you needed to use blatant transitions to make this readable & decent. As short as it was, I enjoyed seeing how you figured this one out.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 11:45pm
I don't think he was trolling you, Neek. I've read his work. He seems like a pretty good writer. I've noticed his style is very Big L'ish in rhyme structure. But...that really has nothing to do with my point. LoL.

Sooo...

Back to my point. I don't think he realizes that this wasn't just some random drop with obscure vocabulary. He's new to the site. I'm fairly certain he isn't familiar with what the 'Word Drop' challenge is all about.

I'd actually encourage him to participate to see how well he would fair with the given word choices.

Anyway...

Personally, I'm not really a big fan of this particular challenge. It just seems way to complicated and I'd rather just freestyle off the top than sit down and try to make sense of each word. But, I'm a lazy fuck, so, there's that. As for you tho...I thought you did pretty good with the material you had. It was quick and entertaining to read. I appericiate that. Fun drop.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 12:20am
@Manc - I agree... hence the disclaimer - as far as your feedback, I truly appreciate it. coming from you, I know its genuine and as a writer who has more than earned his stripes - the salute means alot.

@Self - just because he can put multi's together doesnt mean hes not trolling. infact a good troll should be efficent enough in said field to not appear trollish in the trolling.. you cant troll someone about auto parts if you have no idea about them. its how you get the ruse.. 'such and such carborator is a sack of shit, I prefer..."

but as far as your feedback - also heavily appreciated and that is my style

fun drops...its so many other dope writers with the think pieces and massively intricate flex pieces - I dont need to clutter the lane, rather make my own.

mad respect fella's.
#Bananas
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 12:33am
Yeah, I agree. Except for the fact that even your "fun" drops are usually pretty fuckin "intericate" my dude. I'm sure I've used that word in quite a bit of feed I've left in your threads.

In terms of trolling...yeah, maybe you're right.
AZ-DA-GOD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 5:08am
Well...I'm not a troll. You can stop holding your breath now.

First and foremost Neek, I'm very impressed that your shoulder blades haven't broken in from patting yourself on the back so much. I mean, really.. all that for 6 lines. Whatever man, do you.

No I wasn't in the slightest bit trolling you, in fact I meant everything I said.

I DO retract a good portion of my comments out of ignorance. Like SELF_ACTIVATE said, I was unaware of the fact you guys have some odd form of a "word" challenge here. Maybe the rules or initial challenge should be put up before your drop so it really doesn't look like some obscure vocabulary bullshit and it's way easier to reference instead of looking at the initial challenge post. BUT! to be completely honest, since this was a word challenge... I STILL don't think this was executed well.

I mean let's look at the facts. Try to gain this...I don't know, subjective opinion about your work. As in maybe not EVERY person can make a 7 paragraph explanation out of your 6 lines that you wrote. Seriously, way to completely miss the point! Anyone who can follow exactly what you meant is either on your Aesop-Rock-brain level or lying. Just saying.

Just.. knock yourself down a peg or 6 there bud. You're clearly taking this a bit too seriously. You want your verse DQ'ed because you HAD to explain your verse to a newbie right? Yeah, funny you quoted my entire post but I can't find where I asked you to validate yourself to me. I call total bullshit!

Here's what I think happened.. you made that long detailed post so you can go over every line that you thought you put so much abstract thought into so everyone can notice how great you are. Pretty see through tactic.

AND you're trying to add humour, but the only thing funny about it was how flat it fell. Congrats on making yourself look like a complete ass-hat! You should read what SELF_ACTIVATE said. I'm a newbie. I really don't know any better and I'm definitely not sorry. Part of this stupid initiation is making me drop verses, give feedback and participate all the time so I CAN learn the site.

He made an excellent point as a groupie that he should NEVER have to make to a moderator..

You SHOULD be encouraging me!..
and not being paranoid that I'm a troll because I'm not the quickest to say how great you are. Honestly, I'm going to give my opinion on whatever I like and don't like subjectively and objectively until I get banned.

No offense, but you're a moderator here. Start acting like one.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 11:42am
you wrote the novel tho.

2 things -

1) the point of the post was FAR from proving im great. I really dont give a fuck if people rock with my shit or not. art is subjective if you actually read and understood for once you would see thats exactly what I said...everything else outside of you saying nothing connected because you clearly didnt get it is your opinion and I can appreciate that- much like my post further explaining but thats cool bro. stay swaggy fam

2) wtf does a mod have to do with anything? and how am I going to encourage anything you do when basic english flies over your head?

anyhow - theres a 'pointless debate' thread were we can continue this if you really feel you have more to say on the matter. thx and enjoy your stay on LA

#ModDuties
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic