Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with AshleyKaos
    Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:43pm
Greetings from me, Arthur. I remain putting in that work for the entertainment of LA. So welcome to the fourth interview as part of LA Magazine. It looks like you’re stuck with me as your host for the foreseeable future as other plans kind of dissolved. But let’s not dwell on what could have been. In this edition I’ll be interviewing a female for the first time as part of LA Interviews. So LA without further ado I bring to you, AshleyKaos…

A: Hey Ash, what’s up, how are you and how are things?

AK: I'm good just going day by day. Work is good. Rap creative inspiration flowing, and stoked to be getting interviewed right now. .thank you for asking.

A: Great to hear. So my first question to all my interviewees is how did you first discover Lyrical Assault?

AK: Well in riverside nobody is really into actually being an MC . Yes the hip hip vibe is Poppin out here but actual MC's? Scarce. I've lived here all my life and have only been to one party where someone got a cypher circle going and that person was me lol. I really just wanted to link up with other rappers and writers to learn and share and vibe with that understand, then I googled "rapping forum" and found LA and the rest is history.

A: It seems to be the case that most people stumbled across LA by googling “battle forum” or something alike. And has the site helped to develop your skills as a writer?

AK: Oh ya. This site has done more than just help me develop, it's had a key role in moulding me into the MC I am today and I'm still just getting started. I'm very thankful for LA because it's helped me figure out who I am and what I love to do not only as an mc but as a person in general and that's a big deal to me.

A: Now LA is mostly dominated by male members, do you find it difficult being one of the few female members on the site?

AK: You know yes, at times but to be honest it just makes me work harder to prove to everyone who thought I wouldn't ever be any good that they were wrong. And let's be honest no matter what people think there is definitely some level of a sexist type feel surrounding me on LA but it's cool. I like being underestimated. It's also a good writing concept. I write about it a lot in my songs and sometimes it's helpful because I can get the opportunity to use a wider spectrum of points of view when writing about different topics than a male mc would.

A: Yeah I see what you mean, embrace that shit. In light of that, how do you want the male members of the site to see you? And how do you think they see you?

AK: How do I think I'm viewed? I think it varies with different members and how long they’ve been around and I think it changes as time goes by. Some say I don't listen or try but I do, if I didn't I wouldn't have come this far right? Some don't take me serious. Some people notice my improvement. Some people don't want to see it and some like to step on it. Some like to help elevate it. I don't really give a fuck I welcome a hater, but how I want them to see me? Just like a regular MC that's a girl rather than a girl "femcee". They’re different and I feel like looking at me as a femcee automatically puts a stereo typical expectation or judgement in place on what my work is like as an artist before someone even checks my shit out.

A: Well I’m definitely in the category that notices your improvement. Now Ash, If you go to the rankings page and look at the All Time rankings, you will see that 1134 people have entered into battles on Lyrical Assault. You are ranked number 1133. Does this statistic affect you? How do you find the inspiration to keep trying?

AK: Well it’s pathetic really in my opinion and it does affect me to be honest, it's kind of embarrassing but I know I'll be at the top one day I'm not even tripping. I have to be 10X better than the best to win because that’s the pretence that always comes with being a girl but I’m not going to blame where I'm at on that. It's that I'm just not there yet. It just makes it more Difficult. I've been focusing just on the style and way I use my voice and going with the beat in terms of audio. It's now time to improve on my writing and I have gradually gotten better and I plan to continue. It makes me hungry to be better, makes the fire in my stomach burn... Good motivation.

A: I’ve got to disagree with you there Ash, I don’t think you have to be 10x better to beat people just because you’re a girl, I think the members on LA vote for the best battler based purely on content and 99% of the time they get it right. But I digress. Now would you consider being mentored in battling if somebody offered their services?

AK: Yes of course. It would take someone who is willing to figure out with me the way I learn best but yes it would be awesome

A: Hmm, I may have my people contact your people and see what happens. What would you say to any other females looking to join LA?

AK: I would say square up on the battlefield bitch let's go, cuz I'm queen around here and your going to have to get used to it lol. I've defeated every chick that's tried to come on the sight so far and I'm proud of that. Lol

A: If you could think of one thing about yourself that members on LA probably don’t know, what would it be?

AK: When I was born I was born with a birth defect called a cleft pallet and had to have corrective surgery that causes me to have a speech impediment. I had to have special lessons to learn how to talk with it when I was little.

A: How do you feel about the current Mod setup and the ideas we’re introducing? What things have you particularly liked or disliked? Anything you’d like to see in the future?

AK: I think the mods have done an excellent job. I commend you with hats off. The site was on the brink of extinction closer than it's ever been before and you guys brought it back to life. So I'm happy with everything and don't have any other suggestions, I'll leave it to the masters lol. All of LA owe you guys a thank you. So thank you.

A: Maybe I’ll suggest to Scotty that we be called Masters as opposed to Moderators. Which members of the LA community do you hold the most respect for?

AK: I have respect for all members that are serious MC’s. Also members who have held respect for me and my work and have taken me seriously, that has earned my ultimate respect.

A: And which members of the site can you really not stand?

AK: I'm sorry I don't know if he is even still a member but I fucking hate Sworded Stylez after he just abandoned boom bap collective after making all these promises and making a commitment of leadership and then just disappearing. That fucking pissed me off. Me and djflame will always beef fucking puta. And chekk that fool bitches about everything and it's annoying as fuck!

A: Major lolz @ “Puta”. Now I’m gonna ask some quick fire questions now about the members of LA…

A: Funniest Member?

AK: Nigma

A: Most annoying Member?

AK: Sworded Stylez

A: Favourite Battler?

AK: Law or DTK or Beans

A: Favourite OM Writer?

AK: Stalin or Trizzy

A: Best Battle you’ve seen?

AK: Definitely when you and dtk went at it in the clash for cash final. Shit was dope.

A: Best OM you’ve seen?

AK: Only for my son. Most beautifully written piece posted on this site to date

A: Member you’d most like to Battle (that you haven’t already)?

AK: Honestly I don't think there's a member I haven't battled yet lol

A: Member you’d most like to Collaborate with (that you haven’t already)?

AK: Stalin and Cuba... Jbrenn, Neek... You... Exo... get at me. D von or mission. Any audio head... Elite... I'm trying to get a couple of collab tracks out on my second EP The Genesis that I'm working on right now

A: Alright, any members of the site you wanna give a shout out to?

AK: I gotta give a shout to Jbrenn and Triz... levy... Beans and Chain. Off the top of my head. Oh and where the fuck is Goose, DTK and PB at lol

A: Any OM’s or Audio’s of yours you want to mention for members to check out?

AK: Peep my Audios:

Smoking Sessions

Good Luck.

And my EP that is currently posted in the EP section!

And my OM’s:

Iridescent Borealis

Real Shit

A: Anything you wanted to add?

AK: You guys are all wonderful and I wanna thank LA for being like a second family to me. This site means more to me than you could ever know. And p.s I do try to use all the feedback I get I don't ignore nobody unless they are hating, just making that one clear lol

A: Thanks Ashley!

So there you have it folks, the 4th Interview as part of LA Magazine Interviews conducted by me, Arthur. Until next time, see you soon LA!

Arthur

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:53pm
lol Ash is the realest chick out there. Always interesting to see her perspective on things. Thanks for the shout out, I'm glad I'm a joke to you. 

Art is the interview king, been around the block and you definite got the most entertaining interviews and the most savage questions out there lol keep this shit up
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 10:53pm
wow. dope read tbh. i joined a little after ashley i think. her and DJFlame... seen both them elevate a great amount. Thanks for the shout out. We'll be collabing soon.

props to art on hosting this aswell
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:35pm
the way ash straight body bagged endeeze was my shit.

that cleft pallet shit was crazy. you definitely have a different tone, not sure if its related or what, but certaintly fascinating.

also, jumpin the cypher off. kudos.

as with all these other hobos that commented so far, thanks for the shout.
#Bananas
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:44pm
Art for real man I'm loving your interviews.  You really are killing it.  much appreciated as well.  This was a dope read.  I like how ash is always honest with shit.  Thats hard to find these days.  Ash im down for a collab anytime let me know.

levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:51pm
This is a dope interview aint seen a bad one yet art ash ive always admired youre dedication an determination keep doing you an continue to improve it dont go un-noticed an thanks for the shot out stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 11:53pm
The elevation is real!!

We were meant to collab but I forget the topic...we'll get round to it sometime I'm sure.

The battle record thing, I think it's as much that you have a lot of L's so it's easy for people to vote against that. Plus I guess the female angle can give people punches others may not have seen as often (although you probably see them a lot)...regardless, your record doesn't really mean anything so I wouldn't let that get to you...just shows you have tenacity and commitment & those qualities are more important than a battle record.

Good work Art
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 12:07am
A joyous read and insightful too,well done Art,and Ash good work
there girl...(liked the hinesty)..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 12:46am
This was a nice read. Glad ash finally getting some recognition. Lol damn Where's my interview jk
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 3:33am
Ash, I appreciate the props for real.

You view me as one of the best om writers and my om being your favorite, that means alot to me.

As far as me being someone you want to collab with. Anytime. I'd be honored.

I'd mentor you in battling, I'm not the best, but I'll do whatever I can to help.

I've always seen alot of potential in you. I want to see you reach that level I know your capable of.

+Sick-Witted+
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:06am
these articles are fascinating and it's refreshing to get the perspective of a female emcee who has a long road ahead, but no fear of it. some on point questions put to her too.. props

-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:20pm
Nice interview

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:36pm
Cool interview guys. You've always had potential and you have improved since I've been here it's just a case of one day something will click and you'll be killing folk left n right.
#bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:56pm
Yeah, I got bodied pretty hard here lol. I tried to help but didnt do it in a good way, so I apologize for that.

Wish I knew about the speech impediment sooner, could've applied a different method of help instead of unintentionally kicking you in the ground. Gotta say, though. You're one of the realest people here and you have my respect and admiration. I mean, knowing what you have and doing audios. Major respect.

Good interview, Art.
#Bananas

Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 11:13pm
Awesome interview Ash..

That's some real real shit right there, I respect that.

Thanks for the shout out too.
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 8:56am
Lol it's crazy reading this interview 4 years later. Reading the comments I don't understand where I bodied endeez... Was he previously sworded stylz or something ? Lol
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 6:28pm
These Interviews use to be fire!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic