Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BL3] Neek -vs- Elite [DRAW]
    Posted: 16 June 2016 at 2:48am
Neek -vs- Elite

Audio - illest song battle

Let's here some tough club bangin shit! This isn't a battle firing shots at each other, you're purely being judged on overall song likeability.

3 min Max
House Rules
Due in 2 weeks
Verses sent to me

Any no show excludes you from future Bloodlines Events

Edited by Neek - 07 July 2016 at 1:09am
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 3:28am
Elite:

https://soundcloud.com/user-643836493/afterparty

Edited by Neek - 06 July 2016 at 3:54am
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 3:29am
Neek:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-vocalist-verses/bloodlines3

Edited by Neek - 06 July 2016 at 3:54am
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 3:57am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

mic presence ,vocab ,flow,beat all go to neek for the win ,
i thought elite when he slowed it down sounded off like he didnt belong 
i mean neek a beast on a beat its bin proven and he proved it again here
over powered elite by a long shot, effortlessly takes this no struggle
the mixing the sound the feel the vibe, 
like i dont know how else to break this down to get my point across 
its a clear K-O
 MVGT: Neek for overall likeability. 

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 4:37am

Elite: Very different song than I expected. Almost seemed like you took Trizz's wording of "some tough club bangin shit" to heart since this is something that'd appeal to a more mainstream audience in the party sense and that's not something I'm accustomed to seeing from you content wise. I'm diggin how you set the vibe with the slower pace in the beginning and the way you increased the tempo really worked but I think it was too slow for too long in the beginning for me. Rapping wise, I enjoyed the verses themselves, you had some dope schemes and rode the beat well. Chorus wasn't bad but was overpowering and the mixing of the 2 different vocals from 2:20 to around 2:40 didn't work for me. Overall I really really wish you had rapped for more than that one verse! 

Neek: If I visualised what I'd expect from an open topic Neek song, you delivered the picture. First verse was slick, was digging the extended metaphors going. The samples (?) in the beat serving as the chorus reminded me of some classic JMT and I was diggin it. Second verse was consistent, I enjoyed the first verse better but it didn't dissapoint. The part where you went back and forth with yourself was cool, felt the ending was kinda abrupt but meh. Solid showing.

Overall I felt Elite produced a song that was mainly enjoyable in the small part of it where he was rapping and Neek produced a song that was entertaining for the majority of it.

+1 Neek
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 5:53am

ok.

so Neek seemed to have the better flow, smoother mix, and was more in line with Tre's directives.

then when am i voting for Elite?

for all of its problems (singular verse surrounded by two long choruses that travel perilously close to having pace and key issues) it was something that appealed to me sonically.. i have heard the kind of thing that Neek did (and did superbly). in voting for what would be most enjoyable along my taste profile, the rough cut that Elite dropped fits.

props to both.

Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 7:07am

Nice job from both
Elites take on this was to try and structure as a more mainstream friendly track which I would have thought would be the winning tactic ... but unfortunately I didn't enjoy the intro from the off, and it seemed to go on for long. The rapping section was sick but over too soon before long I was not enjoying the slow bit again.
Neeks was near flawless throughout IMO. More of the sort of track I would choose to listen to. Nice choice of beat and samples, and the delivery was effortless and on beat. No time to go into the lyrics, but these were pretty decent too.

Easy choice for a voting brief of Overall Song Likeability ... MFVGT Neek
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 8:28am

Oooo... I've been waiting for this.

By now you ya'll know how I rate if a track is good or not. Flow and delivery, content doesn't matter much as long it sounds dope. Since this is a battle I'll also add production and beat.

Elite:

Bro. This beat is mad fire! I love trap-ish beats, especially if they got vocals sampled in em. So yeah, good job on that. As for the chorus, I wasn't a fan of that at all. You don't possess the voice to do choruses/hooks like that I suggest you steer clear from them. It isn't a bad thing per se that your voice is less suitable for those because you can spit. 

Your flow was nice and bouncy and was enjoyable to listen to. Delivery wasn't that stable unfortunately, at times you cut your words off. This is either bad writing (too many syllables to the point where you have to to speed things up or cut words down to keep the flow going) or you just have to work on your enunciation a bit more. Adding ad-libs or even a well mixed second layer of vocals where you put emphasis on the weak spots can be a tremendous help. At around 2:20 you do have two layers of vocals in the chorus and I didn't think this was done very well. Through my earplugs it sounded a bit chaotic. Like there was a 0.2 second delay in the second layer. Feel me?

Overall I do think it's a pretty dope track.

Neek:

Short song but it did leave an impact. The beat was pretty fire and as stated before, the beat switch caught me by surprise. Albeit a pleasant one. Flow is good and enjoyable to listen to and the delivery is absolutely fire. You feel every syllable as they're blared in your ears and at the same time it's calming as well. Natural pauses between bars and just a smooth ride throughout. Production was good as well, especially the rap vocals. I like the punch-ins as they're perfectly executed and not distracting. Pretty obvious you know what you're doing. 

Verdict: I liked Elites beat more but for the rest I have to go with Neek. Which I hate to admit because I want to see him lose so I can rub it in his face all day but it is what it is. I think if Elite stuck to what he do best he'd had a damn good shot at winning this.

MVGT: Neek 
#Bananas

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:56pm
me and neek talked over this battle. we agreed on a draw, and neek said he would lock this after I post. good battle neek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic