Open Mic: Dreamstates.. (Endeavor and Crimson)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreamstates.. (Endeavor and Crimson)
    Posted: 25 December 2018 at 9:39am
Thank you for reading and leaving feed Epsilon/Sammy,you know i'm good for returning the favour, and Epsilon,
i'll get round to your drop soon...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Epsilon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Epsilon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 4:05pm
At first I didn't realize this was a collaboration piece. I thought the artist switched up his style halfway through to change the expression. So kudo's to both of you this was awesome to read, the imagery from both of you was fantastic. 

Endeavor
Originally posted by Crimson Juice Crimson Juice wrote:

And thus the heavens parted… The departure made me feel nauseous
My thoughts, awestruck – A retarded drool flows into a pond which
Has been formed by auspice, the cause is the arrival of my conscience

The tone this sets and the way it introduces the rest of the poem is sick. It feels unsure, pensive, and haunting which quickly gives way to what feels like being propelled through a drug induced landscape of internal imagery. Also I don't know if this was intentional, after getting to the end of Crimson's section it changed the way I interpreted this. 

Crimson
Originally posted by Crimson Juice Crimson Juice wrote:

sleep comes another realm a new zone,horrid acts play out I want to postpone, 
sitting at a spining wheel just in skin and bone,sword in my hand I just honed,
the undertones of the what's known,I feel cold stone in this realm i own,
I hear loud shrieks and moans,constant it's like a Banshee with a megaphone,
heightened senses I must stay prone,and cast out this fear for the unknown,
through the dark and confusion I roam,exploring with my finger tips I comb,
twisted thoughts and fear I condone,I feel the hollow-ness like a honeycomb,
I continue forward and roam,a spec of light in the distance the way is shown,
my heart beats like a metronome,the fear is felt deep down to my marrowbone,

It's like Endeavor painted the landscape then you walk through it. This whole section is like an anxiety fueled ride through the imagery you two have constructed. I like the style a lot as well, each line is like it's own encapsulation of what's happening around you. 

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 5:45am
great collab guys.

Crim, ur stuff was pretty ripe.

endeez, urs was sundried. 

keep writing, gents.

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 1:39pm
Thank you Delta,SINS for taking the time to read and feed this collab of ours,
much appreciated..peace.
ΔE(t) View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ΔE(t) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2018 at 10:23am
This collaboration was next level. I really respect how you were able to keep such a strong theme throughout the whole piece, each verse addressed the same idea in a unique way but still completely on point.

Endeavor, your word choice was pretty epic in my book. The first half part kept a strong and cohesive biblical theme without explicitly addressing it which was really cool. The imagery was solid. It was clear where the dream broke down into something dark but you embraced it. I liked the Alice in Wonderland reference, set the stage for the rest of the verse really well.

"And at the end… At the end of the rabbit hole you’ll find damaged souls
Shattered hope, a deck of cards with ill manners, broke and trampled foes
You’re past the point of no return, I’ll grab, hold and devour your sanity
Welcome in a realm of power and savagery, I’m a revenant, A magic beast
and waking up is the only way to battle me,"

This was my favorite section. The build up was killer, smooth finish.

Crimson, yours read like a paranoid king in a realm of constant torture. The first couplet did a killer job at setting the stage, I saw a drained king sunken in a cold throne in a dark, empty throne room with the sounds of chaos swirling around him. As he stepped off the throne it seemed like he was being consumed by the chaos he allowed to exist. Wicked imagery.
The double narration is rad here. It brought on the feeling of a really intense, semi-lucid dream where shit feels too real. It got my heart pumping a bit.

"my heart beats like a metronome,the fear is felt deep down to my marrowbone,
I'm now in a deep state of REM sleep,still continuing forward to the light I creep,
The creak of a wooden floor under my feet,alerts me I'm not being to discreet,
My pillows wet from the sweat I secrete,my forehead like a child in pain weeps,
I want to wake up from this realm of conceit,or find a corner or make a retreat,"

This is my favorite part. This is where it gets real for me. I love your word choice in this transition, clever and smooth.

Alone these pieces are awesome, they suck you in. Together they emphasize the theme and I think that magnifies the story. Greater than the sum of its parts. I could be way off on my interpretations, if you had a different vision when you were writing i'd be interested in hearing about it.
Overall, In my humble newb opinion, this was badass.

Edited by ΔE(t) - 16 December 2018 at 10:31am
SINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 1:25am
Hello, Crimson Juice. Nice text drop you got here, it's profound and profecient with philosophical pondering and newscape development. Good thought processes, from you and your collab partner.  Both came with precise precision writing material, and abstract thinking patterns made a enjoyable read. This gist kind of reminded me of 'Alice and Wonderland' thats the type of vibe you solemned with. Nice one. Enjoyed a lot of the lines, and imagery. Good work, guys. Keep, writing. BTW, Crimson Juice. You have any idea how to change your avatar to a character. It won't work for me, do you mind doing it for me? It would be appreciated. Message me back, thank you.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2016 at 10:11am
Thanks Puente. I write most of my stuff at work too so I see where you're coming from. Just try to envision a certain scenery, emotion, atmosphere or whatever it is and try to describe it.
#Bananas

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 4:46pm
Damn, this was rediculously dope from top to bottom. I've never written anything with this type of discription and detail for everything but now am inspired to try this in the near future. I do a lot of my writing at work, but I don't see it possible to write things of this detail in the midst of doing a thousand other things at once. I will see if I have the time to try to do a detailed peice like these this weekend.

Both of you, mans hands down great fucking job. No point in quoting shit, I'd have to quote basically whole thing for both.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2016 at 4:43am
Endeeezeeeey fo sheezy:

And thus the heavens parted… The departure made me feel nauseous
My thoughts, awestruck – A retarded drool flows into a pond which
A landscape flawless filled with fairytales, gossip and flowers that are gorgeous
I’m possessed with Gnostics, this dreamstate will help me achieve nirvana!

this is an excellent section, you know.. im a big fan of word placement and being subtle, yet slick.. the 'retarded drool' was dope as fuck to me. especially considering im retarded and drool on myself a good bit, I caught this shit like a fireman catches a baby from a burning building. well done sir

Weird holes in my hands made me lose my jewels – Stigmata!
Torn between faith, reality and fiction, mind is twisted , Lewis Carroll on a visit

sometimes, you just gotta stunt and brush a shoulder or two.

The Cheshire Cat’s vision doing his damn best to make sure Alice keeps listening
So let’s Say Ma is good natured but at the same time attracted to schemes
My mischievous grin and her abstract dreams make everything possible-
-As long as you can keep imagining – So when darkness looms, I asked for it
When the hue shifted, she demanded it – Passion is where the Crimson cavern is

I got the early bird special on this shit, but even reading now, I find little bits that make me smirk. ladies and gentlemen, Endeeze got his red wings. passion is where the Crimson Cavern is huh? you ate that shit like a bowl of cherry pie. I aint mad tho you fucking sick bastard, kidding of course. this section is very intriguing. hashtag offsite personals.

Follow the golden lanterns friend and beware the snakes the halls are scattered with
And at the end… At the end of the rabbit hole you’ll find damaged souls

yeesh, my man use his third language like steph curry uses a basketball. this was nice bro.

and waking up is the only way to battle me,

left em with the house of pain sin. pack it up pack it in let endeeze begin.. he came to win… bruh.

Crimson..

my thoughts are monotone,constant no respite I heave under their groans,
tormented in my world alone,in need of a queen to share this weary thrown,
sleep comes another realm a new zone,horrid acts play out I want to postpone,

pretty descriptive out of the gate, I dont fully catch some of your breaks. for example. is it sleep comes, another realm, a new zone.. or sleep comes, another realm a new zone.. im missing the bounce, but maybe there is none. but lyrically, I like this. kind of reminds me of the movie 13th warrior, when they come to rescue the king who Bulvie or whatever was fucking his daughter, thats the image I see. so if thats what you wanted to paint.. you did so well sir.

I hear loud shrieks and moans,constant it's like a Banshee with a megaphone,

this was also nice. very descriptive. you went through the emotions and actions with a great bit of care. you are really getting there Crim, its mad nice to see.

I continue forward and roam,a spec of light in the distance the way is shown,

like this.. alot of people 'rhyme' for the sake of it. everything you are doing is purposeful, and feels intentional. im really like this. that last line is some bravo shit.

I'm now in a deep state of REM sleep,still continuing forward to the light I creep,
I want to wake up from this realm of conceit,or find a corner or make a retreat,
I can see I resemble linen i'm white as a sheet,or freshly fallen snow or sleet,
The groans now loud continue I try to remain up beat,fear from my core seeps,
I feel I'm the next in the offering of meat,or the next victim to become obsolete,
I get a taste in my mouth it's bittersweet,a shadow engulfs me of a dark deceit,
The darkness clears I see myself in a heap,body smashed like cracked wheat,
Like sheep I cry out and bleet,then jump to life and find myself in a hotel suite,

hahah.. holy shit man!! what a god damn twist. I really expected dude to be dead and was leaving his body, but this motherfucker fell asleep watching god damn Kingdom Of Heaven lol. man, that was good man. the lead up was so dope I didnt want to stop and then bam.. nothing I expected. well played bro. glad I took my time to get to this one, it was really worth it. great work guys. youre both heroes for sharing.
#Bananas
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 8:04pm
Thanks for feeding,and i agree he's verse was Ripe..peace
Prolific Thoughts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prolific Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 6:49pm
"As long as you can keep imagining – So when darkness looms, I asked for it
Follow the golden lanterns friend and beware the snakes the halls are scattered with
Shattered hope, a deck of cards with ill manners, broke and trampled foes"

wow, such a poetic rhythm to this piece, i enjoyed the first verse much much more than the second, much more fluidity when i was reading it. The structure, the similes  and consistency is something that made this piece imperative to me.
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2016 at 11:59pm
So, I finally get to thoroughly read through this. 

End, I guess you already know how I feel about your verse. I truly enjoyed the striking poetic tale with the beautifully abstract references. The complexity lies within those layers of depth, which appears to be relatively subtle on the surface, but very intriguing if read upon further. Content-wise, it was different, which is great to see. I love how you not only portrayed the journey of the "dream", but actually allowed us to take part in it, particularly with the way you started off. Technical-wise, I think that the scheme you employed here was very advanced with a nice rhythmic pattern, and compared to what I've read from you so far, I think this is the most varied one. And thanks again for the "subtle" reference, I truly appreciate it. I'd quote some highlights but I guess you can assume that which ones are my favourite lines. A very interesting and enjoyable read so far. 

Crimson, to start off, I'm thoroughly impressed by your work. This is a huge improvement to what I've read from you so far. I really enjoyed the amazingly depicted details and imagery throughout your verse, particularly in your middle segment. Your approach was rather direct, highly contributing to the lucidity factor within your depiction, which I appreciate. Content-wise, you incorporated a great stream of consciousness within this very "dream state" and descriptive imagery throughout. At some spaces in your ending segment the comparisons you employed seemed rather decent, such as the "cracked wheat/sheep" bit, but I thought the incorporation was still very solid. Technical-wise, I thought your scheme was rather simple but effective. And I think there's also a huge improvement with regard to your flow, but there were still some transitions within the segments which seemed to be not as smooth as the overall consistency which your rhythmic pattern suggests. I really enjoyed the overall composition of your verse, particularly the directness. 

A truly great read from both of you. Hope to see you both collabing again! 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2016 at 12:13pm
Thank you Exo for taking time to reading and feeding our drops,
good looks on that,I agree Endeavor piece was complex and layerd
well,plus he's tempo was ripe..peace.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2016 at 2:51am
Endev:  It's funny man, every time i read your shit now I think back to the old days and what and how we use to write.  I'm so siked to see you found the style that fits you best.  This intelligent poetic type of shit.  Its awesome to see the growth and progress from back in the day.  It's nostalgic but satisfying at the same time.  

"-As long as you can keep imagining – So when darkness looms, I asked for it
and waking up is the only way to battle me"----this was loaded with imagery and I see you stepped your flow up big time in this.  Your always dope with the vocab and imagery but what stood out was how you polished your flow up...your becoming an all around technical writer..i love it

Crim:  This might be some of your best writing I've seen.  Although I feel you need to really work and polish up that flow of yours your descriptive writing skills are really forceful in this drop.  I loved that banshee with a megaphone line.  dope shit.  

"I'm now in a deep state of REM sleep,still continuing forward to the light I creep,
My pillows wet from the sweat I secrete,---this was really descriptive and painted a great picture in my head.  nice writing.  I love your persistence on wanting to improve and get better as a writer.  collabin with Endev is one of the best ways to do it.

I loved the concept.  Really nice work here fellas

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 4:30pm
Thanks for the feed, Self. Get more active !
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 6:37pm
SELF good to see you about friend,and thanks for our feed here,I'm
happy you posted,I was trying to tell Endeez he had a solid verse,
(now I'm sure he'll believe me..lol),anyways always good to see
you in my threads,respect SELF..peace.(p.s.hope you’ll be Droppin
soon)..
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2016 at 6:16pm
This piece reminds me a lot of the Cheshire Dreams verse I dropped a few months back. Man, I wish I had saved that piece now and added to what you two have here. Damn. But anyway...

Endeavor

Quote And thus the heavens parted… The departure made me feel nauseous

I love pieces that open like a continuation of a story that's already in process. No build up, no wait time. Just BOOM! Straight to the good stuff. I dig it!

Quote My thoughts, awestruck – A retarded drool flows into a pond which
A landscape flawless filled with fairytales, gossip and flowers that are gorgeous
I’m possessed with Gnostics, this dreamstate will help me achieve nirvana!
Weird holes in my hands made me lose my jewels – Stigmata!

^I like how the scheme is as trippy as the content. I also like the imagery. You paint a very psychedelic picture and the experience comes across authentic. It's whimsical but insightful. Most impressively I'm not just reading the story -- I'm in it!

Quote Torn between faith, reality and fiction, mind is twisted , Lewis Carroll on a visit
The Cheshire Cat’s vision doing his damn best to make sure Alice keeps listening
So let’s Say Ma is good natured but at the same time attracted to schemes
My mischievous grin and her abstract dreams make everything possible-
-As long as you can keep imagining – So when darkness looms, I asked for it

^Abstract and wildly imaginative. You two seem like the crafters of worlds here. One creates matter the other manipulates it and gives it form like abstract personification of imagination and manifestation. Perhaps not your intentions by design when you wrote this, but definitely what comes to mind as I read it. On the surface it seems playful and vibrate but upon close examination and meditation it comes across very layered and complex. Just how deep does the rabbit hole go? Hmmm...

Quote Follow the golden lanterns friend and beware the snakes the halls are scattered with

^The wording is top notch.

Quote And at the end… At the end of the rabbit hole you’ll find damaged souls
and waking up is the only way to battle me

^Hmmm are we talking wakefulness here? Enlightenment? Breaking free of the chains that are mental slavery and casting the illusions of false reality aside in order to liberate ourselves from our own ego, insecurities, and fears? Shifting the paradigm and entering the real world with eyes wide open? I have no idea why I'm putting question marks on everything I'm saying...but in any case interesting stuff E. My mind is spinning like a globe. Also, great skill and display of technique throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Crimson

Quote my thoughts are monotone,constant no respite I heave under their groans,
tormented in my world alone,in need of a queen to share this weary thrown,

^Crim, I like this. Nice and subtle beginning. Not over the top, but well expressed and poetic.

Quote sleep comes another realm a new zone,horrid acts play out I want to postpone,

^Hmmm...I'm trying to decipher this. Are we talking destiny here as indicated by the spinning wheel and the line "what is known"? If so interesting persepective. Also, does "skin and bone" represent mortality? Likewise, does the sword represent conflict, struggle, or the strive that is life? Maybe I'm digging too deep and metaphorical, but that's my interpetation. I dig it!

Quote I hear loud shrieks and moans,constant it's like a Banshee with a megaphone,

^I like the tone and the diction here. Its very clean and clear. The way you wrote this allows the reader to go on the journey with you. I kind of feel like a scribe writing down the events as they unfold throughout this twisted land of mystery. Also, the wording in that last line was great dude.

Quote I continue forward and roam,a spec of light in the distance the way is shown,
I want to wake up from this realm of conceit,or find a corner or make a retreat,
I can see I resemble linen i'm white as a sheet,or freshly fallen snow or sleet,
The groans now loud continue I try to remain up beat,fear from my core seeps,
I feel I'm the next in the offering of meat,or the next victim to become obsolete,

First and foremost I'd just like to bring attention to just how insane the imagery was here. You took us on a ride bud. From guiding us through the dream state to, describing intricate details told from the perspective of a soul that has astral projected out of its own body and is in a lucid state of awareness, yet is unable to wake up in the physical sense. Fuckin' dope Crim. Truly.

Quote I get a taste in my mouth it's bittersweet,a shadow engulfs me of a dark deceit,[Quote]

^...and that was dope as well!

[Quote]The darkness clears I see myself in a heap,body smashed like cracked wheat,
Like sheep I cry out and bleet,then jump to life and find myself in a hotel suite,

^Solid closer!

Overall your verse was just as complex and layered as E's. And like E you expressed your thoughts well all while displaying stellar technical ability. Great job my dude.

You guys killed this shit.

Peace...

Edited by SELF ACTIVATE - 20 June 2016 at 6:23pm
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2016 at 11:01pm
Oh of course. That makes sense. Thanks!
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2016 at 10:13pm
Sorry Endeavor I just seen this from you..

"Could you elaborate on the condone bit? It felt out of place unless you got a certain meaning behind it. I'm unable to catch it. I loved the spec of light line!"

Well the bar prior this I have heightened sense via fear,and as much
as I hate the feeling,I condone it because it's helping to keep my
wits about me,thus helping to go forward to the light in the next bar,
encouragement via a double edge sword if you like,I hope that helps..

@ Slip thanks bro,good looks on the feed..peace.
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2016 at 7:50pm
Just had a chance to read through this, going to provide feedback tomorrow. Some undoubtedly great work as it stands now, though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic