Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1-2 Punch League rules
    Posted: 30 August 2016 at 9:58pm
What is a 1-2 punch league?
Basically each week everybody will have a battle where both battlers drop 1 bar (2 lines). The rest of the people in the league will vote who they think who is the winner. It will be ran for 16 weeks (dependent on participation) followed by a play offs at the end

Its that simple.

Battling- You only have to drop 1 bar a week people, its that easy.
Voting- Each competitor will drop 3 votes, as long as everyone does it'll work out.

Rutter will keep track of results (Nothing will be going on your official record) and we will have champ and contender matches after week 3. This will be based on who has the most wins at first and then will be based on the two previous weeks results.

For example if you lose a champ match you will need 1 or 2 wins to get a contenders spot again. Win contenders your back in the champ match. 

I will be looking for someone to help run this, with the idea each week we can do a weekly mag with a round up, top punches and predictions. There is a possibility of interviews as well.

Rules

Verses due Thursday at Midnight EST

Votes due Saturday at Midnight EST

You get 1 no show, do it twice your out of the league until next season.

If you fail to get 3 votes in, you will start the next battle down by however many votes you were missing.
No swaying in the chat, this means do not talk shit about people punches until the battles over. this could result in a dq. Consistent offenders could be banned from the league

Expo's are allowed but...i'm talking like the double meaning of a wordplay/nameplay or like a few words like "has an open mic called..." or " he lost to rut " - you can template that one. 
Don't take the piss with it, you get the script.
Quote flips will be allowed, yo can use one per battle.
No hyperlinks, just because i wanna keep things fresh. 
No flipping, i don't want people waiting to post up last minute so they can flip their opponents bar or vise versa people waiting because they don't want to get flipped

Time frames
Battles will be set and mags will be posted on Mondays or Tuesdays at the Latest.
Bars in by Thursday and voting closing on Saturday
This will start in less than two weeks if we have the people

Edited by Nigma - 10 September 2016 at 11:07pm
JackBarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-1
Form: LLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JackBarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:08pm
Yo cubes so im not in the league even Tho I asked rutter??
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:11pm
You are in the league. I know i saw you were facing like Driodan or something. I think he just had missed setting up the thread. 
Go my Minions!

JackBarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-1
Form: LLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JackBarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:15pm
Word Law myne just saw the thread now thanks brew!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 10:22pm
Updated the rules to pull together the two most relevant posts from Rutts & tidied it up a bit
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by JackBarz JackBarz wrote:

You were there the whole time use your eyes.

And thanks cubes, I'm liking this you got all the important stuff from both down. It's a bit clearer.
#bananas
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2016 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Rutter knows best Rutter knows best wrote:

Originally posted by JackBarz JackBarz wrote:

I just need to set the battle.

And thanks cubes, I'm liking this you got all the important stuff from both down. It's a bit clearer.
#bananas
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 1:42am
3-0 for non record one bars is a bit much. Should keep shit open for a few days so they can get all the feed they need
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 1:42am
And get your sign out thread going yea?
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 1:54am
I GOT YOU BRO
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

3-0 for non record one bars is a bit much. Should keep shit open for a few days so they can get all the feed they need

It's Rutters call, I didn't see it specified anywhere so went by house rules but if I missed something those battles can be be opened up. 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 2:03am
This hadn't been really cleared up, i do apologize. If those can be opened up that'd be great. 
#bananas
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 12:25am
Well 1 question, since I'm not starting til week 15 how will the playoffs work for me?

Say I win both matches would I even get to enter the playoffs,

Do I have to win both mathces to make the playoffs, or how will that work for me?

Say you have a battle you drop and your opponent no shows, does that count as an automatic win or a void match.....
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 12:37am
Everyone has a score for the season. I'm gonna tally it up this week and out out a play off sign ups. Play off will be will be the top 8. You won't make it unless we only get 7 sign ups tbh....and yes you get the win for the no show, if I do a next season it'll be a bit more refined.
#bananas
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 12:50am
Ok, well yeah... You should most definately do another season..... You should start that up right after the championship of this season, ya know.... I understand shit gets hectic, but have a couple people help with it so it won't be so bad.....

Hopefully I can get into the playoffs, but it's completely understandable if I don't make it, hey I'm a late entry, but it's all good still looking forward to next week so I can begin my battle......
Flowdo Baggins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flowdo Baggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 7:12am
I'm new to this site and wanna test My Skills against the best people I can, because I've always wanted to make, write, and Producing My Own Music, So I'm finally gonna start, plus I Love anything that's Fun Competition... Can you guys let Me know if this thing is still going on? If It's a new Season yet? If I can join? etc... Thanks
Halla-Ler-Yur!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2017 at 10:40am
Nope, another season is on the way once bloodlines is over though.
#bananas
ill son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ill son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2019 at 10:55pm
I CAN BEAT ALL YA'LL TRY ME

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic